What Are You Listening To 2017

Rovim

1970 - The Stooges, Funhouse Sessions, Take 5

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  I FEEL ALRIGHT!!!!  I FEEL ALRIGHT!!!! I FEEL ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!! 

:D

18 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Holy Shit. I've never heard this version. It is..amazing. I feel like Axl's just punched me in the solar plexus!

Yeah, neither have I, that was pretty fuckin good!

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Holy Shit. I've never heard this version. It is..amazing. I feel like Axl's just punched me in the solar plexus!

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah it's good. I'm always down for a good acoustic take. That's mostly Bumblefoot on there. It came out at the same time as that other song with Stinson on vocals. I can't remember the name to save my life. It's a good little song too.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, J Dog said:
8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah it's good. I'm always down for a good acoustic take. That's mostly Bumblefoot on there. It came out at the same time as that other song with Stinson on vocals. I can't remember the name to save my life. It's a good little song too.

i think i saw Bumblefoot on the last NuGuns concert i saw on tv... i get 'em mixed up. i should be a blonde ^_^

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

1970 - The Stooges, Funhouse Sessions, Take 5

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  I FEEL ALRIGHT!!!!  I FEEL ALRIGHT!!!! I FEEL ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!! 

:D

:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Better is pretty much the only song i have any time for on CD and this version improves it out of site for me. The melody and structure of the song was always great but as with most songs the album any emotions Axl is trying to convey are completely lost in the overproduction and robotic feel of the music, this is stripped back and beautiful....well done Grumbletoes or whatever your name is.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm not sure if this is even possible but apparently this geezer done a ounce of sniff in just under an hour once...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKIN' hell Marv', easy up!

That's a lot of powder but I can believe it. They say that period leading to his death he pretty much just stayed in the house and did blow 24/7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silverburst80 said:

Better is pretty much the only song i have any time for on CD and this version improves it out of site for me. The melody and structure of the song was always great but as with most songs the album any emotions Axl is trying to convey are completely lost in the overproduction and robotic feel of the music, this is stripped back and beautiful....well done Grumbletoes or whatever your name is.

I know exactly what you mean about the emotions being lost..this here is just pure raw grit..he's so angry! And you can totally feel it..this song doesn't need anything other than those vocals and that guitar. The only other song on that album that grabbed my insides and twisted them was This I Love..it's one of the few where you can truly feel his pain and longing..but you know, I've recently grown from liking 3 songs to 5, so maybe there is hope for us yet. :D

• Like 1