[Poll] Which Of The Former Members Do You Miss The Most?

Vote For The Former Members You Miss The Most  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Izzy-for nostalgia and and the fact that no 2 gnr guitar players have ever sounded as good together as he and Slash. Not enough close

Matt-for being a great drummer

Steven-for making the gnr appetite-sound complete

Robin-for playing This I love, Better & Twat properly. Less wanking and more emotion.  Strange Because you'd think Slash would be the first to agree that less is more and tone/emotion is king with certain songs.

Bucket-for just being a guitar virtuoso/god

Brain-see Bucket

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

its still surreal to me people preferring Izzy over Steven.. Steven plays a more useful role in live performances.. it sounds 100 times better...

and as much as izzy is necessary in studio, he is not that much necessary live..

Why not? he has his own sound, it's still all there. You think because he's sloppy, it makes him less important? cause that's not the case at all. Go watch some old Guns shows and you can clearly hear his contributions. And it's not only his guitar playing, it's also his backing vocals. He doesn't move much, but it would have made a big difference if he was still Gn'R's rhythm player.

Having said that, I love Fortus as well, and Steven makes a bigger difference live, I agree.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

its still surreal to me people preferring Izzy over Steven.. Steven plays a more useful role in live performances.. it sounds 100 times better...

and as much as izzy is necessary in studio, he is not that much necessary live..

It is not surreal at all. When it comes to songwriting it is clear that Izzy is by far more important. Sure, during a live show Steven brings more energy, groove and charisma. If you care about rythm guitar being played the proper way then you need Izzy on stage

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

having izzy also comes with potentially 14 Years and Dust N Bones, replacing 2 dumb tracks such as the seeker or a solo spot/cover. But I agree Steven makes a greater difference live, no one also wants to be there as much as him.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

Considering Fortus is a FAR better player than Izzy, I absolutely don't miss Izzy at all. Fortus is an incredible improvement for the band.

However, I do miss Steven Adler and Bryan "Brain" Mantia on drums. I like Frank ferrer, but Brain Mantia is an absolutely beast! 

the perfect line-up : 

Axl

Slash + Fortus

Duff

Bryan "Brain" Mantia

Dizzy

Additional musicians : Melissa + Izzy (special guest)

Edited by Caraibes