[Poll] Which Of The Former Members Do You Miss The Most?

Vote For The Former Members You Miss The Most  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me ( even being the shit mouth and hipocryt he is) it would be matt sorum.

I truly hate the guy as a person.  But his druming its something else. The "definitive rock drumer" for me.  I have no words to describe how much i enjoy his drumming.  His skills/sound combo is beyond unique and phenomenal. Just wonderfull.

Such a shame HeS a trouble maker/peace breaker.. Cause for me he's the best rock n roll drumer along with Mr bonzo.

I accidentally voted Tracey and Roberta lol. It should have been Matt Sorum. I hated making that decision but I am a fan of his drumming in the Illusion era. Sadly I've never seen him play live with the band. I have seen Izzy and Steven. And of course chances of seeing Steven this tour is high since he does appearances with them already.

I've seen Bumblefoot and DJ already at Rock on the Range. Again not my favorites in the CD lineup era and at various times I have respected and liked them.

I also voted Robin because I like his contribution to CD. Likely my favorite contribution to CD. I would love to see him live with the band.

• Like 1

No he's not and it's because he's one of the most talented guitar players out there and knows how to do well enough in various genres (both as a player and writer) AND when it comes up to guitar technique he's top notch. Also, live his playing is usually precise.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Serious question why the love for Buckethead? Nobody's commented, but his leading the poll. 

Like I said in my post, I think his riffs are top notch outside of GNR, but I also like what he did on CD. I think he's a great riff writer and a good soloist when it comes to a "structured" song that has a dedicated solo section like CD does.

On 1/2/2017 at 0:03 AM, username said:

Izzy. By a million miles. But my main reason for that is nostalgia and songwriting. The latter being irrelevant as long as they don't record. Followed by Adler.

The rest is a closed chapter.

It would have been fun to see what would have happened if they'd released an album in 2002. I hate the way the band looked and the way Axl sounded live, but the demo's from that era are fantastic. Showed real potential. Basically CD before it was ruined.  

Also, anybody who says Ashba is trolling. 

They might be fans of Sixx:A.M.

Or maybe totally #demented

• Like 1

Izzy And Bumble. But Teddy Zig Zag deserves a mention, who else is gonna kick off Bad Obsession? And When you're at the show we're singing Tracey and Roberta's backing vocal lines. AND obviously Steven needs a shout out.

• Like 1

- 87-93 I miss Izzy cause he was the man behind the music. 

- I dont think I "miss" it but I need to vote someone from the "01-14" field so, I like Robin creative sensibility. Say what you want about Axl solo record but the guy is great&was behind most of the songs I like over there.

Apart from Steven I think the other ones are expendable for the GNR legacy. Matt recorded three albums, yeah, I like him, but the guy is a drum machine with no feeling at all, even Frank could have done what he did after Steven created all the drum lines for the Illusions. I also like Gilby and some of his pawnshop guitars but... Aside from filling Izzy's role, he didnt have the chance to do anything for the band. Tracey&Roberta were organic versions of Mellissa, they're still my fav over her. 

Edited by default_

On 1/2/2017 at 11:24 PM, SEPTEM said:

For me ( even being the shit mouth and hipocryt he is) it would be matt sorum.

I truly hate the guy as a person.  But his druming its something else. The "definitive rock drumer" for me.  I have no words to describe how much i enjoy his drumming.  His skills/sound combo is beyond unique and phenomenal. Just wonderfull.

Such a shame HeS a trouble maker/peace breaker.. Cause for me he's the best rock n roll drumer along with Mr bonzo.

I read it once. Then I read it again.. And again.

You man are serious..! And I can't stop laughing either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archtop said:

Serious question why the love for Buckethead? Nobody's commented, but his leading the 2nd poll. 

He was and is a unique talent who had the balls and ability to add his own style and tried to do his own thing without mindlessly copying the style and playing of former members. He was the best thing on CD and him leaving was the nail in the coffin for NuGnr.

28 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Paul Tobias' 5 minutes in the band are something i'll always cherish 

You mean eight years? I'd take Tobias over Gilby any day man. So underrated.

Back Off Bitch, Shadow Of Your Love, Oh My God, Chinese Democracy, Street Of Dreams, There Was A Time, Catcher In The Rye, Riad N' The Bedouins, I.R.S., Prostitute. Sympathy For The Devil kicks ass.

4 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

You mean eight years? I'd take Tobias over Gilby any day man. So underrated.

Back Off Bitch, Shadow Of Your Love, Oh My God, Chinese Democracy, Street Of Dreams, There Was A Time, Catcher In The Rye, Riad N' The Bedouins, I.R.S., Prostitute. Sympathy For The Devil kicks ass.

Maybe he was integral to songs, or maybe he was just the guitar player that was around and Axl said "play something like this... something a bit more aggressive" etc. Maybe he is completely underrated, regardless the guy is never gonna be getting a fair shake in a GnR forum or anywhere else for that matter, why? the VH1 documentary signed his death sentence "Axl wanted his friend... I quit GnR, he (paul) is shit" - Slash. 

I like back off bitchm Chinese Democracy, Love Street of dreams but I don't have time for anything else you mentioned... especially not that shite cover of SFTD.