[Poll] Which Of The Former Members Do You Miss The Most?

Vote For The Former Members You Miss The Most  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Maybe he was integral to songs, or maybe he was just the guitar player that was around and Axl said "play something like this... something a bit more aggressive" etc. Maybe he is completely underrated, regardless the guy is never gonna be getting a fair shake in a GnR forum or anywhere else for that matter, why? the VH1 documentary signed his death sentence "Axl wanted his friend... I quit GnR, he (paul) is shit" - Slash. 

I like back off bitchm Chinese Democracy, Love Street of dreams but I don't have time for anything else you mentioned... especially not that shite cover of SFTD.

You're probably right. Axl used him as riff maker or something. The way the ASCAP songwriting credits are written, it seems Tobias's biggest contributions are Prostitute, T.W.A.T. and I.R.S. which stand as the more defined riffs on the album. It's quite a shame you don't have any more time to listen to it, because these three songs are way more compelling than Chidem and The Blues.

It's quite unfair to Paul, I'm sure Slash noz it could have worked for a time and Duff and Matt as well failed to see the potential of Oh My God, which was primarily written by Paul Tobias. Dizzy Reed wrote the hook of the chorus. Paul Tobias, Gary Sunshine and Dave Navarro all play on the song and Robin Finck's part was written by Tobias. So I lied, Paul's biggest contribution to GnR is Oh My God. That's a good one, almost visionary.

Don't need VH1, I already know my Gunstory. 'Without The Huge, there will be no more Guns N' Roses'

Back Off Bitch rules.

Edited by Silent Jay

8 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

You mean eight years? I'd take Tobias over Gilby any day man. So underrated.

Back Off Bitch, Shadow Of Your Love, Oh My God, Chinese Democracy, Street Of Dreams, There Was A Time, Catcher In The Rye, Riad N' The Bedouins, I.R.S., Prostitute. Sympathy For The Devil kicks ass.

8 years and if you google him theres only like 3 pictures of him

that tells you all you need to know about that era 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Archtop said:

Serious question why the love for Buckethead? Nobody's commented, but his leading the 2nd poll. 

I voted for him as a collateral damage cause I wanted to vote for Izzy, of course. There are only two former GNR members on that poll for me and I miss Izzy more than Steven (I miss them both, though), so since the poll wouldn't let me vote and even though I couldn't give a fuck about any nu gnr member, I voted for that guy trolling with a bucket over his head, at least he can play guitar :lol:

BTW, regarding previous comments from very mature adults: I'm not getting over anything so save your condescendence for someone that cares. ;)

• Like 1

So most fans who voted miss Izzy, Steven, Bucket, Robin, and Brain the most and in that order.

Interesting poll.

My semi realistic line up would probably be: Axl, Brain, Slash, Duff, and Robin (Dizzy and Mellisa on keys and synths)

I don't think Izzy is interested in touring all the time, and Bucket with Slash would have been interesting, but I can't really see Slash being too happy about that. Axl doesn't seem to want Steven there on a permanent basis.

I love Fortus, but if Robin was in Guns with Slash, that would have been more exciting to me.

Edited by Rovim

I don't really miss anyone, but would love to see Matt Sorum or Izzy there doing some guest appearances. That would be cool. I'm glad Steven was there, but don't think they'll give him any more space than that we've seen. Now if they do a new album, they definitely should invite him to play some stuff there too.

Steven Adler & Buckethead

However, Steven Adler isn't a realistic option at this point in time in regards to touring.

I think it'd be interesting to have a Buckethead/Slash guitar combo, two incredible guitarists in the same band!

Edited by JimmyPage

15 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

You're probably right. Axl used him as riff maker or something. The way the ASCAP songwriting credits are written, it seems Tobias's biggest contributions are Prostitute, T.W.A.T. and I.R.S. which stand as the more defined riffs on the album. It's quite a shame you don't have any more time to listen to it, because these three songs are way more compelling than Chidem and The Blues.

It's quite unfair to Paul, I'm sure Slash noz it could have worked for a time and Duff and Matt as well failed to see the potential of Oh My God, which was primarily written by Paul Tobias. Dizzy Reed wrote the hook of the chorus. Paul Tobias, Gary Sunshine and Dave Navarro all play on the song and Robin Finck's part was written by Tobias. So I lied, Paul's biggest contribution to GnR is Oh My God. That's a good one, almost visionary.

Don't need VH1, I already know my Gunstory. 'Without The Huge, there will be no more Guns N' Roses'

Back Off Bitch rules.

I actually like TWAT not sure why I didn't mention it, and Prostitute is one of those songs I sometimes like and others it's a must skip.

• Like 1

Just now, nikosgnr said:

I read it once. Then I read it again.. And again.

You man are serious..! And I can't stop laughing either.

Why cant u respect others peoples taste?  Why cant others hace their own opinions?

Whats the big deal with my preference??  Ive always been crazy for sorums druming.. 

I know democracy its just an utopia but is sad that your vote worth as much as mine, cause i do respect and value every opinion and diferent points of view, . AND I HAVE MY OWN THOUGHTS I DONT NEED TO ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE OR MTV CONVINCE ME OF ANYTHING.

Like robin williams said on that d.p society movie:  being educated isnt learning stuff from books, its learn to think by yourself.

I have a pile of arguments to put sorum as the 2nd or 3rd best of all time but I DONT CARE ABOUT U (.... . )that much to start an argue and all. But even if im wrong , whats the big deal?? 

So i love sorums druming and for me is the greatest. R WE STILL IN A GNR FORUM RIGHT??

6 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

I have a pile of arguments to put sorum as the 2nd or 3rd best of all time but I DONT CARE ABOUT U (.... . )that much to start an argue and all. But even if im wrong , whats the big deal?? 

Seriously?  Come on man get real :)

I voted for Izzy and Buckethead. Had I realised that I could vote for multiple people I would have definitely voted for Steven Adler also :headbang:

I'm more than happy with what we got now, I'm in a best of both worlds situation getting to see 3 original Gunners up on stage, possibly 4 if Steven is guesting, whilst my favourite songwriter is releasing new songs every couple of months :izzy:

Just now, moreblack said:

Hopefully mild stroke. 

Despite years of silence and no communication from the band other than the same recycled "Next year is the year", it was characters like that who kept me coming back to see what outrageousness they could come out with next. And the obvious blind faith that there was something big happening. 

Despite years of silence and no communication from the band other than the same recycled "Next year is the year", it was characters like that who kept me coming back to see what outrageousness they could come out with next. And the obvious blind faith that there was something big happening. 

About as fun as dealing with JimBob of Funral :lol:

On 05/01/2017 at 9:08 PM, Dean said:

Something big was definitely happening. Closing the tour with Prostitute, trademarking the new album Stay Of Execution then going in exile with Chris Pitman for finishing touches. NuGnR was sure imploding at that time but one day Axl changed his mind on the whole picture. I wonder if it was before or after Paul Tollet called.

• Like 1