[Poll] Which Of The Former Members Do You Miss The Most?

Vote For The Former Members You Miss The Most  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Multiple choice allowed between two polls.

My vote:

• Izzy - Tracey & Roberta
  • Brain - Buckethead - Mother Goose

As Voted By 239 Members of MyGnR

ERA '87-'93 

1. Izzy Stradlin 48.75%
  2. Steven Adler 30.75%
  3. Matt Sorum 9%
  4. Tracey & Roberta 5.5%
  5. Gilby Clarke 4.75%
  6. Teddy Zig Zag 1.25%

ERA '01-'14

1. Buckethead 30.25%
  2. Robin Finck 17.75%
  3. Brain 15%
  4. Bumblefoot 14.25%
  5. Tommy Stinson 10%
  6. Dj Ashba 6.25%
  7. Chris Pitman 4.5%
  8. Paul Tobias 2%
Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Original said:

There was no member "01-14".   Fuck.   Think.   It was Axl and a solo band using the name due to his stubbornness. And TB's need for fame and fortune.  Take it for what it is but that's the ttruth.   

Well Axl didn't write any of the songs, bar TIL, by himself. Hired hands or not.

Voted for:

Izzy because ya know.

Buckethead because I think his riffs (outside of Guns) are fucking excellent, and I like his work on CD. Just wish I'd be able to hear Shackler's with Buckethead's solo.

Robin Finck because I just always liked his style on CD

Brain because I like his drums on the leaks of CD, Better, If the World, and I.R.S. more than I do Frank's.

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Original said:

There was no member "01-14".   Fuck.   Think.   It was Axl and a solo band using the name due to his stubbornness. And TB's need for fame and fortune.  Take it for what it is but that's the ttruth.   

<sarcasm> Wow, what an original comment that is totally not based on an opinion, but instead on actual facts  :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: </sarcasm>

For '85-'93, Adler and Stradlin.

'01-'14, Buckethead.

1 hour ago, Original said:

Take it for what it is but that's the ttruth.   

jack nicholson a few good men you cant handle the truth giphtytrending

:lol:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Voted for the only two actual GNR members on the list.

Also voted Bucket. As far as I'm concerned he was never part of GNR but I love him and would have loved to hear more music from him and Axl together (with a proper band name like Bucketrose or Axlhead (?)

Axls Bucket of Robin Brains?

To clarify my above statement on only missing Steven and Izzy, its because they were part of the original gang that really started things. We are in the reunion era so of course they are sorely missed. I am glad Steven at least has gotten a few moments to shine.

I also like guys like Bucket, Robin, and Bumble for various reasons but I dont necessary want them back in the band. There are some aspects I miss in a way, like Bumbles approach towards fans and how NuGNR felt more like "our" thing... If that makes sense... but these things were part of a finished era.

All things said and done, Im very happy with the reunion and its good to have at least the core of real Guns N' Roses back. Axl and Slash really were born to play together. As much as I liked Bumble, Bucket, Robin, etc none of them came remotely close to matching Slash's presence in GNR. It isnt their fault, the guy is just as important to the band as Axl is. Its good to have things the way they should be. If we cant have Izzy, then at least Richard has good chemistry with Slash. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

To clarify my above statement on only missing Steven and Izzy, its because they were part of the original gang that really started things. We are in the reunion era so of course they are sorely missed. I am glad Steven at least has gotten a few moments to shine.

I also like guys like Bucket, Robin, and Bumble for various reasons but I dont necessary want them back in the band. There are some aspects I miss in a way, like Bumbles approach towards fans and how NuGNR felt more like "our" thing... If that makes sense... but these things were part of a finished era.

All things said and done, Im very happy with the reunion and its good to have at least the core of real Guns N' Roses back. Axl and Slash really were born to play together. As much as I liked Bumble, Bucket, Robin, etc none of them came remotely close to matching Slash's presence in GNR. It isnt their fault, the guy is just as important to the band as Axl is. Its good to have things the way they should be. If we cant have Izzy, then at least Richard has good chemistry with Slash. 

I like how you put that.

It is like another chapter has closed and a new chapter has opened- this one just resembles an old chapter and makes me long for it a bit.

*still think calling any line up of Guns N' Roses  "real Guns N' Roses" is completely silly, but don't feel like debating it right now so I will ignore it.

I'll go with Matt Sorum because with what we have right now he's the guy that would add the most and contribute the most to the current sound. Izzy live is a step down from Richard and nobody else is needed. Steven would be my second choice. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Multiple choice allowed.

My vote:

• Izzy - Tracey & Roberta
  • Brain - Buckethead - Mother Goose

Izzy. By a million miles. But my main reason for that is nostalgia and songwriting. The latter being irrelevant as long as they don't record. Followed by Adler.

The rest is a closed chapter.

It would have been fun to see what would have happened if they'd released an album in 2002. I hate the way the band looked and the way Axl sounded live, but the demo's from that era are fantastic. Showed real potential. Basically CD before it was ruined.  

Also, anybody who says Ashba is trolling.