How bad do you want a vinyl box set in 2017 from GNR?

I already own all their records (except Live Like A Suicide, which I wouldn't want a re-issue of anyway) so I'd pass. However, if they put out an AFD-30th Anniversary vinyl box I might be interested; could throw in an AFD re-issue with the cross cover, an LP of demos and alternate versions with the banned cover, a re-issue of the Live From The Jungle EP, and either a whole show from that tour (Felt Forum, please!) or a compilation from the '87-88 shows. That'd be better and more affordable than a box with all their albums in it.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I already own all the LPs that have been released, so honestly I wouldn't need a boxed set. I'd LOVE for Chinese to get a vinyl reissue that fixes the TERRIBLE inner groove issues but that's never going to happen :/

I'd love a CD vinyl reissue where they'd have fixed the terrible re-recording, overproduction, mixing and overdubbing too. :P 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, username said:

I suppose it would have been easier to say that I want CD 2000 released on vinyl, but there you go. ;) 

I lol'd so I loved the way you put it haha.

Honestly, I'd love a CD boxed set vinyl or not. Bunch of different mixes and so on. I truly don't ever see it happening, but it'd be bad ass for us fans.

• Like 2

I could see a 30th anniversary re-issue happening for Appetite next year, but a boxset would be nice for the Illusions albums

Personally, I'd go for a 10th anniversary of ChiDem with improved mixing, with a 2nd disk of outtakes & demos, and a 3rd disk with the tracks played live at various venues (most likely with the current band)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I lol'd so I loved the way you put it haha.

Honestly, I'd love a CD boxed set vinyl or not. Bunch of different mixes and so on. I truly don't ever see it happening, but it'd be bad ass for us fans.

I wish they'd just do an epic 6-disc CD boxset really. It would be interesting too what songs were created when and with who and how they've evolved over time. Fill it with demo's for released songs and also all the unreleased material. There's supposed to be 2 more albums worth of songs. They could include a little book covering the history of the songs. You could have it span 1998-2008.  

I also still feel it should be called Chinese Leftovers and be packaged as: 

chinese_take_out_carton.gif 

• Like 2

Just now, username said:

I wish they'd just do an epic 6-disc CD boxset really. It would be interesting too what songs were created when and with who and how they've evolved over time. Fill it with demo's for released songs and also all the unreleased material. There's supposed to be 2 more albums worth of songs. They could include a little book covering the history of the songs. You could have it span 1998-2008.  

I couldn't agree more! I've always thought there should be at least some sort of companion set and it should be named Chinese Leftovers. If for no other reason than for rock critics to trip over themselves to get to a keyboard fast enough to be the first one to use a headline like "'Chinese Leftovers' Still Leaves Us Hungry For More" or something similar lol

Just now, RussTCB said:

I couldn't agree more! I've always thought there should be at least some sort of companion set and it should be named Chinese Leftovers. If for no other reason than for rock critics to trip over themselves to get to a keyboard fast enough to be the first one to use a headline like "'Chinese Leftovers' Still Leaves Us Hungry For More" or something similar lol

It would also be a great way to close the chapter and move on. Even if it's unfinished or not perfect they would easily get away with it. Then they can start fresh. 

I would love that headline. :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, username said:

I really like this idea. Like a purge to get of the old material so they can start fresh on new. 

3 hours ago, Gackt said:

I could see a 30th anniversary re-issue happening for Appetite next year, but a boxset would be nice for the Illusions albums

Personally, I'd go for a 10th anniversary of ChiDem with improved mixing, with a 2nd disk of outtakes & demos, and a 3rd disk with the tracks played live at various venues (most likely with the current band)

Totally agree - all eras represented and hopefully something new moving things forward.

19 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

what is the point of these 'what if' threads!?

nobody ever mentioned a possibility of a vinyl boxsete in the first place

With no 'what if'-threads, we would be stuck with threads about Axl's MMA skills and if Axl has the coolest nose or not.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I'd take any sort of release from this band at this point. Even if it was just a 3 second track of Axl farting, at least it shows the band cares about the fans.

... can't say I am that desperate. I am not sure how that would show he cares about fans either...

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

what is the point of these 'what if' threads!?

nobody ever mentioned a possibility of a vinyl boxsete in the first place

It is fun to think about the possibilities that could exist and chat with other fans about them. And maybe a miracle will happen and someone from the GnR camp will see the desire and think, "Hey that is a good idea." Not likely by any means, but we can dream right?

I don't need a vinyl box set of already released material.

As a Guns N' Roses fan what I want is new material.

Although, I do think a "Chinese Democracy" boxset would be interesting! I would love if they did something akin to the "Let It Be...Naked" project, some of the overdubs and mixing decisions on the released version of "Chinese Democracy" make me scratch my head sometimes. Why out of all the takes Axl must've done for the vocals of "Sorry" did he pick the take with the faux Jamaican accent? Why is there a random saloon piano in "Catcher in the Rye"? Why is there an audible bleep in "Chinese Democracy"? Why is there auto - tune on "Street Of Dreams"? I could go on and on, I love the album, it could be better though.

Edited by JimmyPage