Halestorm

axlslash

I've known for a while how spectacular of a singer Lzzy Hale is, but mostly for the covers and stuff she shows up on. I just recently started listening to their original stuff, and sweet fuck what a band they are. Love Bites, Get Off, Scream, Here's To Us... Good lord are they magnificent. Can't believe it took me this long to eat to their catalog, but I'm all in at this point. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, axlslash said:

I've known for a while how spectacular of a singer Lzzy Hale is, but mostly for the covers and stuff she shows up on. I just recently started listening to their original stuff, and sweet fuck what a band they are. Love Bites, Get Off, Scream, Here's To Us... Good lord are they magnificent. Can't believe it took me this long to eat to their catalog, but I'm all in at this point. 

Love them! I saw them open for Slash and Myles in 2012. Hadn't heard of them before, but I loved them instantly. Lzzy on a good day is fucking spectacular. She also did a guest spot with Slash and Myles to sing Out Ta Get Me when I saw them in 2012 at the Heineken Music Hall (HMH). Fucking awesome! There's guest version of Here's To Us with Slash and Myles in it on the bonus version of The Strange Case... That's the definitive version of that song to me. Awesome! Just, really awesome! I also love how Slash's guitar parts just flow and carry the song so well. 

Rockshow is a special song to me too. Despite being from a girl's perspective it really makes me remember how I felt when I was 13/14 and first getting into rock music. That's priceless. Anybody who's ever been to a rock concert as a kid can relate to that. 

Halestorm is usually a little.... I want to say immature lyrically. Kind of teenage. Almost cringy but they stay on the right side of the line. But it I like it anyway. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

I loved their first album, and was lucky enough to see them play live at Download in the early days. Their second album was a mixed bag, so I lost interest. Might give them another listen and report back. Thanks for reminding me :)  I had boyfriend trouble when the first album was new, so it was very relevant to my life then!

• Like 1

They just released a Covers EP today.  They covered Whitesnake's Still of the Night, Soundgarden's Fell on Black Days, and Metallica's Ride the Lightning.  I thought they did good enough on Fell on Black Days and Ride the Lightning.  They did not bastardize the covers for certain.  I actually enjoyed their take on Sophie B. Hawkins' Damn I Wish I was Your Lover the most from the bunch.  The original felt too 90s soft for my preference, whilst Halestorm had a solid rocking take on it.

Edited by Anguyen92

• 1 month later...

They used to be good but the last album was a dissapointment,that girl has lot of energy on stage and rocks,she plays guitar like crazy and her voice has style for rock stuff till metal stuff.She cut off her hair to short as i saw some photos lately,that's look weird and bad.

Edited by Majestic Beast