Tommy Stinson: "I think that might have helped spark that reunion thing"

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

The Coachella guy, what's his name? That's the real MVP, the one that helped spark the reunion thing.

I guess sitting around with Ron, Tommy, Dj gone, then this huge offer from Coachella comes in, you are on good terms with Duff etc. Axl said it was always possible, but first complete CD era. Axl had completed all missions. One last job? 

11 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Too many people trying to take credit for the reunion. Fact is Axl and Slash worked out their differences, which led to the reunion.  It was great to see GUNS N' ROSES back!

I agree, but let's not forget Duff.

15 hours ago, Draguns said:

Too many people trying to take credit for the reunion. Fact is Axl and Slash worked out their differences, which led to the reunion.  It was great to see GUNS N' ROSES back!

He's not taking credit at all, he just tells what happened from his perspective. You argue, Axl and Slash worked out their differences, maybe he not being available was a catalyzer for them to do that.

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

You talk about things being facts while them being just assumptions (though, really realistical assumptions). We don't know for a fact Duff was the middleman. Everybody, me including, believes he was.

What we know is Axl called Slash and both of them found a way to work together. These are facts. 

We still don't know what was decretory for the reunion or for Axl's call.

All we do is speculating and to put one and one together. That leaves a margin, therefor these aren't facts for sure.

But again, even if you're right and that's how all that happened. 

If Axl and Slash weren't willing to work together again, Tommy's abstinence would be completely irrelevant. Tommy is just a piece of a puzzle, not more.

The main issue were Axl and Slash, always.

You really believe that Axl and Slash would be talking regardless of Duff? Yeah that's called being naive... Tommy stepping aside got Duff back in Guns and got them talking. It may be an assumption to you, but it's clearly just adding two and two and not giving Tommy any credit is just... idk, it's beyond clear he was the first domino to fall and get this thing rolling.

Yeah I'm assuming.. probably because if  if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks by your logic it can't be a duck without a picture of the duck. Cmon now. Axl Rose did NOT wake up one day and just suddenly decide he no longer hated Slash.. he had help coming to those terms and duffs the obvious reason 

Edited by Billsfan

6 hours ago, Padme said:

Of course there was a chains of events. But that doesn't change the fact that Axl had the last word when comes to the reunion. It wasn't up to Duff, Tommy or the Coachella guy. Had Axl said thanks, but no thank you. We wouldn't be having this reunion. 

Axl has the last word with this entire band. It's HIS BAND. I don't even get your point and I think that's just rambling.. it's a threeunion for one because of no Izzy, not a true reunion when it's clearly Duff replacing Tommy and slash replacing bumble and dj. 

The point of all of this still stands and I'm not seeing where anybody is really doing a good job to prove otherwise... Tommy stepped aside. He eased out of the band and that led to Duff coming back in. 

You dont really think duff would be back in had Tommy stayed do you?!?! Cmon.. Axl was content touring with the nu Guns and continuing playing the same songs. He's never given up on the new material. It's his band. 

Assumption... lol yeah. If it has yellow fur and quacks it's definitely not a duck 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

You dont really think duff would be back in had Tommy stayed do you?!?! Cmon

Well, weren't there some mails from Axl talking about bringing Duff back from many years ago? One way or another, I don't care at all to be honest. All that matters to me is that Slash is back where he belongs, I don't care if I should thank Duff, Tommy, Meegan, Erin, Steven Tyler or the Pope. I thank them all just in case.

That said, I like Tommy and wish him well with whatever he does in the future.

5 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Axl has the last word with this entire band. It's HIS BAND. I don't even get your point and I think that's just rambling.. it's a threeunion for one because of no Izzy, not a true reunion when it's clearly Duff replacing Tommy and slash replacing bumble and dj. 

The point of all of this still stands and I'm not seeing where anybody is really doing a good job to prove otherwise... Tommy stepped aside. He eased out of the band and that led to Duff coming back in. 

You dont really think duff would be back in had Tommy stayed do you?!?! Cmon.. Axl was content touring with the nu Guns and continuing playing the same songs. He's never given up on the new material. It's his band. 

Assumption... lol yeah. If it has yellow fur and quacks it's definitely not a duck 

When Tommy quit Duff didn't pick up the phone to tell Axl that he was available. It was Axl who asked Duff if he wanted to play for a few shows. Back in 93 when Gilby had an accident. It was Axl who asked Izzy to join for a few shows. Just because Izzy was back for a few shows we didn't end up with a reunion tour the following year unfortunately.

What I'm saying is that Duff was there to play a few shows. If this debate is about giving Tommy credit for the reunion then we have to thank Bumblefoot and DJ as well. After all the three of them stepped aside.

Now we can't give them credit because before them other people have stepped aside. And just because Paul Tobbias, Brain, Robin or Buckethead left. They depature didn't open the door for a reunion. They were replaced by new people. Who was the one making these decisions? Axl

6 hours ago, Billsfan said:

You really believe that Axl and Slash would be talking regardless of Duff? Yeah that's called being naive... Tommy stepping aside got Duff back in Guns and got them talking. It may be an assumption to you, but it's clearly just adding two and two and not giving Tommy any credit is just... idk, it's beyond clear he was the first domino to fall and get this thing rolling.

Yeah I'm assuming.. probably because if  if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks by your logic it can't be a duck without a picture of the duck. Cmon now. Axl Rose did NOT wake up one day and just suddenly decide he no longer hated Slash.. he had help coming to those terms and duffs the obvious reason 

I just read your first sentence and realize you didn't read what I posted before or you simply didn't understand it, because your first sentence is factually wrong. There's no need to take this conversation any further.

6 hours ago, Zurimor said:

Did anyone ever come across the though that if it wasn't for Axl and keeping the band running over all the years under the name Guns n' Roses (sic, as much as some of you dislike it) a reunion might have never become a thing?

Might not or might have happened earlier. Who knows?

6 hours ago, Billsfan said:

I'm sorry for that but in this case you have to be pretty bigoted to think knowing everything that happened and happens behind the szene of a band like GNR :awesomeface::rofl-lol:

Nobody's trying to take any credit from Tommy. He just wasn't the most important part in this like he claimed to be.

I think Tommy feels a sense of loyalty to Axl and he tells the story this way because it's essentially Axl's version. I mean he's saying basically the same thing Fortus has said. But this was going to happen anyway, regardless of what Tommy or DJ or whoever decided to do. The money's just too big for it not to happen.

6 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

I think Tommy feels a sense of loyalty to Axl and he tells the story this way because it's essentially Axl's version. I mean he's saying basically the same thing Fortus has said. But this was going to happen anyway, regardless of what Tommy or DJ or whoever decided to do. The money's just too big for it not to happen.

The Axl's version is the one in the Brazilian T.V. interview. Coachella promoters wanted GN'R. Axl was interested and we all know the rest. That's Axl's version. But you and Tommy are free to come up with all kind of versions.

I can't wait for Brian Johnson taking credit for AXL/DC :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wasted said:

I guess sitting around with Ron, Tommy, Dj gone, then this huge offer from Coachella comes in, you are on good terms with Duff etc. Axl said it was always possible, but first complete CD era. sAxl had completed all misions. One last job? 

They say "perception is reality", Your perception looks to be in line with your handle.  :wow:

Just now, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

They say "perception is reality", Your perception looks to be in line with your handle.  :wow:

What else was there to do with CD? They toured CD into the ground with various line ups. They did a greatest hits tour 2011-14. What else was there to do? It was CD II or Reunion or both if the mirror doesn't lie. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It really felt it was the end of an era when Axl sent those Chinese gold records. Maybe Duff really did made Axl see Slash could be a part of Guns again.

Axl's only other choice was to put together another new line up but I can't see how that would have been nearly as successful, accepted, or lucrative. Tommy said they wanted him to do more long tours. Without him Duff was the obvious choice and Slash followed. Like you said, the money was too good to turn down as well. I think Axl made the right decision. It was only logical really.

Putting out a live Blu ray was also an end of an era move too. 

• Like 1

On 5.1.2017 at 6:08 PM, Free Bird said:

I like how everybody things he was the most important part of this reunion

Yeah. I mean, him not doing south america and Duff stpping in and thus getting Axl and Duff together for a longer period of time certainly put things in motion for a reunion. But really, if they wanted to do it and Stinson wouldn't have stepped away out of his own accord, he just would have gotten fired.

It's still funny though, how he left to do the replacements and then he got replaced.

Edited by PatrickS77

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

It's still funny though, how he left to do the replacements and then he got replaced.

He got replaced for only a couple of shows, those gig were already booked. Tommy had to do his own reunion shows with Coachella but he came back at the last residency to finish the tour. 

Edited by Silent Jay

21 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Well, weren't there some mails from Axl talking about bringing Duff back from many years ago? One way or another, I don't care at all to be honest. All that matters to me is that Slash is back where he belongs, I don't care if I should thank Duff, Tommy, Meegan, Erin, Steven Tyler or the Pope. I thank them all just in case.

That said, I like Tommy and wish him well with whatever he does in the future.

It's not necessarily about one person taking credit. Tommys not doing that, he's just saying he might have helped spark it and in a way he's right. I too wish him the best!