Tommy Stinson: "I think that might have helped spark that reunion thing"

14 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I'm sorry for that but in this case you have to be pretty bigoted to think knowing everything that happened and happens behind the szene of a band like GNR :awesomeface::rofl-lol:

Nobody's trying to take any credit from Tommy. He just wasn't the most important part in this like he claimed to be.

Bigoted? That's a pretty big word. Talk about over dramatic. He didn't claim to be the most important part, I think you're just wanting to read that. The title of the thread alone "I think I might have HELPED spark the whole thing". Helped, not meaning he solely did it on his own nor is the most important. And the word you were trying to use was probably ignorant, as in it being Ignorant to decide what something means when it's clear the context was completely different. 

16 hours ago, Padme said:

When Tommy quit Duff didn't pick up the phone to tell Axl that he was available. It was Axl who asked Duff if he wanted to play for a few shows. Back in 93 when Gilby had an accident. It was Axl who asked Izzy to join for a few shows. Just because Izzy was back for a few shows we didn't end up with a reunion tour the following year unfortunately.

What I'm saying is that Duff was there to play a few shows. If this debate is about giving Tommy credit for the reunion then we have to thank Bumblefoot and DJ as well. After all the three of them stepped aside.

Now we can't give them credit because before them other people have stepped aside. And just because Paul Tobbias, Brain, Robin or Buckethead left. They depature didn't open the door for a reunion. They were replaced by new people. Who was the one making these decisions? Axl

Yeah and? You think Axl didn't decide on slash being back in HIS band either. He called Slash too. Just like Axl did now. Tommy was just the first to quit and help put Duff back in. When Tommys on stage, Duff isn't. When duff is or has been on stage, Tommy isn't. So if Tommy doesn't step aside, Duff isn't there. And if Duff isn't there, what reason is there to believe that Axl would have any reason or change of feeling in his opinion of Slash or even want to call slash? 

Yes you're right... Axl decides who's in his band and it's still his band. But he didn't wake up one day and decide he no longer hated Slash. Does that sound like him to you? You really think Beta was trying to help him accept Slash back into the band and his life? 

Anyways.. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove, but if it's that Tommy quitting and Duff returning having nothing to do with Slash returning, idk. I'm not seeing what you're trying to get at. And off the record if Bumblefoot alone quit, or even dj Ashba, axls replacing them with other no name lead men. Like he did before and he would have again, so I guess you proved my point there ;) 

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Bigoted? That's a pretty big word. Talk about over dramatic. He didn't claim to be the most important part, I think you're just wanting to read that. The title of the thread alone "I think I might have HELPED spark the whole thing". Helped, not meaning he solely did it on his own nor is the most important. And the word you were trying to use was probably ignorant, as in it being Ignorant to decide what something means when it's clear the context was completely different. 

"So I think that kind of pushed it more than anything, if you ask me."

That's the sentence I based my opinion on. But we can agree to disagree. To me the willingness of Slash and Axl to give it a try plays a far bigger role. That and Duff and Axl sharing a hotel. But I don't want to repeat myself over and over again.

The other point... well, Axl thought GNR was his band and he failed. I don't think that's just Duff replacing Tommy and Slash replacing Ashba or Ron. It's not Axl anymore, it's Axl, Slash and Duff. That's how it's promoted.

Again, in fact we don't know what happened behind the szenes. I think it's the old partnership with new agreements... but unlike you, I don't keep saying that's a fact just because it's logical to me. Call it bigoted, call it ignorant or whatever you want. Thinking something is a fact doesn't make it a fact.

Edited by Free Bird

7 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah and? You think Axl didn't decide on slash being back in HIS band either. He called Slash too. Just like Axl did now. Tommy was just the first to quit and help put Duff back in. When Tommys on stage, Duff isn't. When duff is or has been on stage, Tommy isn't. So if Tommy doesn't step aside, Duff isn't there. And if Duff isn't there, what reason is there to believe that Axl would have any reason or change of feeling in his opinion of Slash or even want to call slash? 

Yes you're right... Axl decides who's in his band and it's still his band. But he didn't wake up one day and decide he no longer hated Slash. Does that sound like him to you? You really think Beta was trying to help him accept Slash back into the band and his life? 

Anyways.. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove, but if it's that Tommy quitting and Duff returning having nothing to do with Slash returning, idk. I'm not seeing what you're trying to get at. And off the record if Bumblefoot alone quit, or even dj Ashba, axls replacing them with other no name lead men. Like he did before and he would have again, so I guess you proved my point there ;) 

Tommy didn't quit. He performed with them during that tour. When he had conflicting schedules with The Replacement then Duff filled in. When Tommy was done with The Replacement he was back. They finished the tour in Vegas. The only one who made it clear he was gone after Vegas was Bumblefoot. At the end of that tour all of them were free to do anything they wanted. And that was the case since the begining of the CD Tour. All of them have other bands or other projects during hiatus.

We don't know what might have happened if the Coachella promoter would've never wanted to talk to Axl. That's the key. Sure Duff helped to heal wounds. But Tommy didn't play any role. He never made any effort for this reunion to take place.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:08 PM, Free Bird said:

"So I think that kind of pushed it more than anything, if you ask me."

That's the sentence I based my opinion on. But we can agree to disagree. To me the willingness of Slash and Axl to give it a try plays a far bigger role. That and Duff and Axl sharing a hotel. But I don't want to repeat myself over and over again.

The other point... well, Axl thought GNR was his band and he failed. I don't think that's just Duff replacing Tommy and Slash replacing Ashba or Ron. It's not Axl anymore, it's Axl, Slash and Duff. That's how it's promoted.

Again, in fact we don't know what happened behind the szenes. I think it's the old partnership with new agreements... but unlike you, I don't keep saying that's a fact just because it's logical to me. Call it bigoted, call it ignorant or whatever you want. Thinking something is a fact doesn't make it a fact.

"Thinking something isn't a fact doesn't make it a fact", interesting that you quote yourself after all that effort.

Im not making up facts you're the one reaching. It's axl slash and duff? If it was a three way completely equal partnership, why are they only playing Chinese era material? Slither was apparently on the set list but still has never been played. Enjoy explaining that. That's not a myth, gnr not playing slither, Thad a FACT because they've never played anything not related to gnr other than a cover by The Who, which has been played by every Version of every lineup of GUNS N ROSES. Some people want to believe that the 2001-2014 lineup is all Axl. Feel free to argue, you're doing very well :) 

21 hours ago, Padme said:

Tommy didn't quit. He performed with them during that tour. When he had conflicting schedules with The Replacement then Duff filled in. When Tommy was done with The Replacement he was back. They finished the tour in Vegas. The only one who made it clear he was gone after Vegas was Bumblefoot. At the end of that tour all of them were free to do anything they wanted. And that was the case since the begining of the CD Tour. All of them have other bands or other projects during hiatus.

We don't know what might have happened if the Coachella promoter would've never wanted to talk to Axl. That's the key. Sure Duff helped to heal wounds. But Tommy didn't play any role. He never made any effort for this reunion to take place.

Tommy made a dedication to Guns N' Roses in 1998. When asked in October of 2015 what he thought of performing with them in the future would involve, he said "well if they call I'll consider it"?

You consider playing for a band that you're in? He was out. He just never wanted to leave Axl high and dry. Some of axls best friends did that in the past, and Axl was sensitive to it. It's not a big deal, but that's how Axl reacted. Tommy clearly didn't want to abpruty quit but he clear as day had no interest in playing with gnr at 2014. If he did, he would have played more than 2 gigs

On 1/7/2017 at 10:59 PM, Black Sabbath said:

This is the coolest Tommy has been like... ever.

Agreed. Bad case of big mouth can't get this kind of press, even when warped hits Syracuse ny ;) 

3 hours ago, Billsfan said:

"Thinking something isn't a fact doesn't make it a fact", interesting that you quote yourself after all that effort.

Im not making up facts you're the one reaching. It's axl slash and duff? If it was a three way completely equal partnership, why are they only playing Chinese era material? Slither was apparently on the set list but still has never been played. Enjoy explaining that. That's not a myth, gnr not playing slither, Thad a FACT because they've never played anything not related to gnr other than a cover by The Who, which has been played by every Version of every lineup of GUNS N ROSES. Some people want to believe that the 2001-2014 lineup is all Axl. Feel free to argue, you're doing very well :) 

Keep reading what you want and twist it as much as you want. I don't make facts up, it's what you do.

"Thinking something isn't a fact doesn't make it a fact.

I never wrote that ... go have a look.

They don't play Slither? Slither wasn't ever released as a Guns tune, was it? Never sung by Axl before. Is he able to pull that off properly? Who knows? Obviously it was taken in considaration otherwise it wouldn't be on the setlist. But maybe Axl never felt secure to sing it?

Thad a FACT because they've never played anything not related to gnr other than a cover by The Who, which has been played by every Version of every lineup of GUNS N ROSES.

Lol, obviously you're talking out of your arse. Did you ever seen a gig by Guns n Roses? Ever?

By the way, do they play Coma on this tour? Did you hear them play DTJ? A song that didn't get played by Axl for decades but on Slash's solo tours? If it's solely Axl's band, who is the third guitarist? 

I said old partnership with new agreements. I don't pretend to know the new agreements. Three equal parts? I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if Axl hold more shares than the other two but, like I said, I don't know it.

19 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Keep reading what you want and twist it as much as you want. I don't make facts up, it's what you do.

I never wrote that ... go have a look.

They don't play Slither? Slither wasn't ever released as a Guns tune, was it? Never sung by Axl before. Is he able to pull that off properly? Who knows? Obviously it was taken in considaration otherwise it wouldn't be on the setlist. But maybe Axl never felt secure to sing it?

Lol, obviously you're talking out of your arse. Did you ever seen a gig by Guns n Roses? Ever?

By the way, do they play Coma on this tour? Did you hear them play DTJ? A song that didn't get played by Axl for decades but on Slash's solo tours? If it's solely Axl's band, who is the third guitarist? 

I said old partnership with new agreements. I don't pretend to know the new agreements. Three equal parts? I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if Axl hold more shares than the other two but, like I said, I don't know it.

1 - Axl Rose doesn't Sing well enough to pull it off to pull off slither. At least based off of videos, not being a show in person and being manipulated. I mean, you're not really bringing any new information to light. What is there to talk about? A NON Guns N' Roses song isn't being played. There was a time is a Guns N' Roses song. Chinese democracy is a Guns N' Roses song. Better is a Guns N' Roses song. So Guns N' Roses play them.

Not talking out of my arse. Again, using facts. Not made up ones. Never denied double talkin and coma, playing those songs doesn't mean Slash made the call on playing them when Axl said himself he knew playing them would "make Slash happy". So I'm going to make my guitar player happy by playing songs he might want to play.. yeah that's not really your guitar player calling the Shots. That's called the singer compromising. The singer who runs the band. 

I'm not sure what your point is. Mine still stands. It's axls band. He no longer hated Slash. Just because it's his band he doesn't hate who's playing guitar for him, does NOT mean he refuses to play Guns N' Roses material that Slash might want to play. Just because it's his band, doesn't mean he can't play coma nor wants to sing it. And just because it's his band, doesn't mean he's a control freak. Axl is not and never has been a control freak, it's about having the final say. Axl didn't write bucketheads solos on Chinese democracy, he clearly didn't write robins parts since neither Ashba or Slash have covered it properly. And it's not because they're both bad, although I should probably insult dj for cheap likes :P Axl wrote the song lyrics and tempo but bucket wrote his own solo based on how the band wanted the song to sound. Tommy got his spots, buckethead got Star Wars, Robin got sossego, Ashba got ballad of death and mi amor, bumble got the pink panther, and so on. 

Axl is not a dictator. Axl Rose did not break up Guns N' Roses. No one has ever been able to provide a proper argument into proving that. But we do know he calls the set list, he calls creative, and he decides who performs under the name Guns N' Roses. Probably a lot more. You don't have to see a Guns N' Roses gig to get what's going on. Fortunately, seeing the set list on websites including mygnrforum help give it away. And it's not a bad thing. They seem to get paid equally and since Slash and Duff both have a say in serious gnr matters Axl has included them because he's smart enough to realize that he's not bright enough to singlehandedly decide gnrs fate. If anything, he's proven to hurt gnr more than the other two. And he's crazy to an extent, his actions have showed that. But, the three of them have compromised and agreed the run gnr on the best case scenario given what they're dealing with.

believe it or not, it's not complicated. But Axl Rose has the final say, he owns the name and there's no proof that he's surrendered even a letter to that 

Edited by Billsfan

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

1 - Axl Rose doesn't Sing well enough to pull it off to pull off slither. At least based off of videos, not being a show in person and being manipulated. I mean, you're not really bringing any new information to light. What is there to talk about? A NON Guns N' Roses song isn't being played. There was a time is a Guns N' Roses song. Chinese democracy is a Guns N' Roses song. Better is a Guns N' Roses song. So Guns N' Roses play them.

Not talking out of my arse. Again, using facts. Not made up ones. Never denied double talkin and coma, playing those songs doesn't mean Slash made the call on playing them when Axl said himself he knew playing them would "make Slash happy". So I'm going to make my guitar player happy by playing songs he might want to play.. yeah that's not really your guitar player calling the Shots. That's called the singer compromising. The singer who runs the band. 

I'm not sure what your point is. Mine still stands. It's axls band. He no longer hated Slash. Just because it's his band he doesn't hate who's playing guitar for him, does NOT mean he refuses to play Guns N' Roses material that Slash might want to play. Just because it's his band, doesn't mean he can't play coma nor wants to sing it. And just because it's his band, doesn't mean he's a control freak. Axl is not and never has been a control freak, it's about having the final say. Axl didn't write bucketheads solos on Chinese democracy, he clearly didn't write robins parts since neither Ashba or Slash have covered it properly. And it's not because they're both bad, although I should probably insult dj for cheap likes :P Axl wrote the song lyrics and tempo but bucket wrote his own solo based on how the band wanted the song to sound. Tommy got his spots, buckethead got Star Wars, Robin got sossego, Ashba got ballad of death and mi amor, bumble got the pink panther, and so on. 

Axl is not a dictator. Axl Rose did not break up Guns N' Roses. No one has ever been able to provide a proper argument into proving that. But we do know he calls the set list, he calls creative, and he decides who performs under the name Guns N' Roses. Probably a lot more. You don't have to see a Guns N' Roses gig to get what's going on. Fortunately, seeing the set list on websites including mygnrforum help give it away. And it's not a bad thing. They seem to get paid equally and since Slash and Duff both have a say in serious gnr matters Axl has included them because he's smart enough to realize that he's not bright enough to singlehandedly decide gnrs fate. If anything, he's proven to hurt gnr more than the other two. And he's crazy to an extent, his actions have showed that. But, the three of them have compromised and agreed the run gnr on the best case scenario given what they're dealing with.

believe it or not, it's not complicated. But Axl Rose has the final say, he owns the name and there's no proof that he's surrendered even a letter to that 

So they didn't play jams of Layla and Wish You Where Here? They never coverd ACDC? They never covert any other bands live? Your point is wrong.

You have to learn the difference between facts and assumption/perception.

I'm done with this topic, it gets boring.