TIL (old unreleased snippet)

Just now, Wagszilla said:

I never cared for this vocal take. It loses the lost puppy abandonment of the album version. 

Also, this isn't new. That clip leaked a couple years ago. 

I know I have listened it before but I lost track of it. And yes I like the album version better but anyways,

Just now, Bono said:

One in a Million, the outro to Rocket Queen and the outro to Patience are Axl's three greatest vocal performances in my opinion. 

I agree they are astonishing vocal performances, and what do you think about the highs of IRS and TWAT? 

2 minutes ago, valengf said:

I know I have listened it before but I lost track of it. And yes I like the album version better but anyways,

I agree they are astonishing vocal performances, and what do you think about the highs of IRS and TWAT? 

I don't care for them at all. I never liked anything about IRS and I think TWAT is by far the most overrated GnR song ever among GnR fans. I really don't like his clean or smooth voice and to me almost all his vocals on CD sound whiney. In the old days his  voice was filled with venom and on CD it all just sounds like processed whiney highs. Not a fan. 

• Like 4

Just now, Bono said:

I don't care for them at all. I never liked anything about IRS and I think TWAT is by far the most overrated GnR song ever among GnR fans. I really don't like his clean or smooth voice and to me almost all his vocals on CD sound whiney. In the old days his  voice was filled with venom and on CD it all just sounds like processed whiney highs. Not a fan. 

I am a fan of the clean 'raspy' voice. Although i like all Axl's voices (except the superb Mickey like at the performance at that School benefit whatever). But it is a shame we will never hear that old raw voice anymore.. If we ever see new musicc released by GNR I imagine vocals sounding like the Chi Dem sound.

TIL: First off, the drums are artificially added, they weren't on the original leak. Secondly, the snippet used to be a tad longer. Thirdly, this is prior to CD release, one of the demos, so definitely not 2008/09. And yes, it's much better than the actual album vesion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

TIL: First off, the drums are artificially added, they weren't on the original leak. Secondly, the snippet used to be a tad longer. Thirdly, this is prior to CD release, one of the demos, so definitely not 2008/09. And yes, it's much better than the actual album vesion.

I remember this specific snippet going around as the remix copy. Not sure what to think of that though.

Here's the full snippet:

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bono said:

One in a Million, the outro to Rocket Queen and the outro to Patience are Axl's three greatest vocal performances in my opinion. 

I agree. Personally I would add the Nightrain outro to that and probably You're Crazy Lies version

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this TIL clip leak at the same time as all the other remix album clips. For example the new versions of Shackler's, If The World, Silkworms, the DJ and Bumblefoot versions of Better etc...

Here's If The World, and it's the first time i've heard this version:

It sounds similar to the type of work done on the remixed TIL, so it's probably the one leaked at the same time.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

12 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I never cared for this vocal take. It loses the lost puppy abandonment of the album version. 

Also, this isn't new. That clip leaked a couple years ago. 

Was it the 10 seconds or a full version? Never heard it before

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If it was recorded in 09/10, does this snippet mark the newest studio recording that we have heard of Axl's voice?

I think it could have been recorded earlier. I think everyone assumed 09/10 just because hes singing with rasp, but Madagascar has rasp and that was recorded any where from 98-2002. If The World was likely recorded around the same time according to the linear notes for CD. Better was somewhere from 03-04.

But theres no telling when Brain made the remix. Probably anywhere from 06-09 when he left the band and Axl said he was working on some things for the band

Edited by Mendez

2 minutes ago, Gianluca87 said:

hey guys, one question... in the unreleased song "Going Down" who sing with axl? is Tommy? thanks

Tommy sings lead

21 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Here's If The World, and it's the first time i've heard this version:

It sounds similar to the type of work done on the remixed TIL, so it's probably the one leaked at the same time.

Wtf this actually sounds good. But like so much other modern music right now..don't think this is what I'd call the "GNR" sound.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

The backing sounds exactly like a slightly sped up "We Will Rock You" - Anyone concur ? 

Yes lol. How do we even know this is legit and not fanmade? I mean the isolated vocal tracks etc for CD are out there. Anyone could have made this

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1