TIL (old unreleased snippet)

On 1/7/2017 at 6:29 PM, colonizedmind said:

The backing sounds exactly like a slightly sped up "We Will Rock You" - Anyone concur ? 

Yeah they definitely sampled WWRY. I quite like it.

Once there's a Guns release Axl should work on this stuff as a solo project, get Moby and Brain etc back on this.

14 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Which I don't get! What's to loose at this point ?

i don't get it either. there's nothing to lose. the Chinese remix cd full leak or official release won't hurt axl's bank account. axl is making new millions off the current reunion tour. axl will make millions more in 2017 off yet another tour. there's nothing to lose. it's a shame axl won't release it and it's a shame hoarders won't leak it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

i don't get it either. there's nothing to lose. the Chinese remix cd full leak or official release won't hurt axl's bank account. axl is making new millions off the current reunion tour. axl will make millions more in 2017 off yet another tour. there's nothing to lose. it's a shame axl won't release it and it's a shame hoarders won't leak it.

I guess I see things differently then some here. I love hearing these little snippets. I love the one of TIL. It sounds...Powerful.

As far as releasing full versions I disagree for many reasons. I don't disagree with the band doing it only others doing it.

One, those who have the privilege of having them likely wish to remain anonymous. Also the chances of them being trusted with more music would go down. Some of these people may have actually gotten them somehow through band connections. Why would they wish to sever that?

Second the integrity of the artist. As a writer I know what it's like in a way. 

We all like to sit around and wonder why they just won't release something but not really caring about how they feel about it. Sure artists put out music for fans but it's also for them. It's why many artists who pass away have so much unreleased music. Just because something has been recorded or written doesn't mean they want it released.

That doesn't exactly fit some of what we're talking about because there are released versions out there as well. 

Many artists write things during sad and happy times and though, their lives are constantly under public scrutiny they may not wish to release things written while in a feeling. It may contain feelings they don't wish to revisit or make public even. They may not like how it sounds (despite if the public may). They may feel they didn't hit quite what they intended or like certain instruments in it. On and on go the reasons. 

It's not about money to Axl. If it was just about money we would have gotten a reunion long ago and he would be popping out music out his arse releasing it.

Again without knowing his reasons for releasing them, they could be many, It's not fair for someone else to. If he wanted them released they would be. As fans we must remember it's not all about us with this stuff. They have feelings and reasons as well. 

On 1/8/2017 at 4:46 PM, liers said:

It just sounds like something you would hear in some 90s movie about living in the ghetto.

In what way? Nothing I hear in that sounds ghetto in the least.

Edited by Stro

Wouldn't make any sense to release a remix album of, in the public eyes, one of the most disapointing albums of all time. Especially 10 years after it's release. 

In general, i'm against leakes and illegal downloading,  but it's the only way we will ever hear the remixes. 

8 minutes ago, jettesnel said:

In general, i'm against leakes and illegal downloading,  but it's the only way we will ever hear the remixes. 

Again, it's very much possible to crack open the vault. Maybe we should get the nice folks at 4chan in on it...? :smiley-confused2:

7 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

i don't think hoarders will leak chinese cd remixes. it's like up to axl to release them

Then it probably never will see the light of day, sadly. There is no reason for Axl to release that one this long after CD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

here's the million dollar question: why isn't axl releasing the Chinese Democracy remix CD? what's the problem? what's the hold up?

More like a 1$ question. Duff and Slash rejoined the band, can you imagine the backlash he'd get from even the fans of the band? The public expects them to be on the next GNR release. The reaction of the public would be yo what the fuck why aren't Slash and Duff on this instead of OMG YES CHINESE DEMOCRACY REMIXED, JUST WHAT EVERYONE WANTED!

• Like 2

On 1/12/2017 at 11:52 PM, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

i don't think hoarders will leak chinese cd remixes. it's like up to axl to release them

the hoarders probably just wait for each other to trade out their stuff, and then release it. at least I know a guy who has unreleased stuff, just waiting for somebody else to trade.

it's not 100% sure if this TIL take was part of the "Brain remixes", but it could be.

the remixes were first around in late 2011, they were kept within a closed group of guys. then, in early 2012, Better Gone leaked and a short time after, Blood In The Water leaked.

then, after some time, Better (DJ), Better (Ron) and Going Down leaked in august 2013.

then more months passed and "3 minutes" thing was leaked in november 2013, including some more remixes, some more tracks with Ron guitar added and some other stuff. 

yeah, after all, there was a piece of ITW remix and Shackler remix in the bunch, that could be from the same "remix album" as the previous leaks. 

this TIL could be part of the Brain remixes, because Brain once said he did 6 remixes: 1) SR, 2) Better, 3) ITW, 4) TIL, 5) BITW/Prostitute, 6) unknown song - might be ChiDem (not leaked as of now)

On 12/01/2017 at 11:52 PM, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

If anything would leak at present time, it'd be:

• Silkworms
  • Oh My God
  • Atlas Shrugged Brian May V1
  • Atlas Shrugged Brian May V2
  • Atlas Shrugged Bumblefoot V3
  • If The World Remix
  • Shackler's Revenge Remix
  • This I Love Remix
  • Ballad Of Death
  • Mi Amor
  • Prostitute Music Video
  • Rehearsals VMA 2002
  • GN'R Rehearsals 2009
  • GN'R Puerto Rico 2010 

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

that is quite a nice list of stuff known to be out there, but not circulating, I must say ;)

(maybe just the Prostitute music video - does that even exist, or is it the video projection used in the live shows?)

you just lack one thing - Jackie Chan aka "Checkmate", that one is out there as well. and for a FUCKING long time, remember the 16sec snippet was leaked by DJ Razz more than 10 years ago!

3 minutes ago, zombux said:

that is quite a nice list of stuff known to be out there, but not circulating, I must say ;)

(maybe just the Prostitute music video - does that even exist, or is it the video projection used in the live shows?)

you just lack one thing - Jackie Chan aka "Checkmate", that one is out there as well. and for a FUCKING long time, remember the 16sec snippet was leaked by DJ Razz more than 10 years ago!

Some have heard bits of Soul Monster & The General as well.

that is not confirmed, if I remember correctly. 

actually, we've all already heard snippets of The General during the shows, because supposedly parts of its orchestration are/were played as an show intro, or during the show, in the ChiDem era tours.

never heard of Soul Monster bits circulating or heard of in the community, most probably it's just fabulation.