TIL (old unreleased snippet)

On January 8, 2017 at 2:12 PM, MrSoftie said:

Yeah they definitely sampled WWRY. I quite like it.

Once there's a Guns release Axl should work on this stuff as a solo project, get Moby and Brain etc back on this.

If Axl releases a solo album you hope that it's a CD remix and not just brand new songs?

yes. today, I was just clearing up my leaks collection, you know... sorting out the order of leaks and putting the correct leak date to each of them, and yes, the day the "99 leaks" got out, the stuff was TWAT, CITR and "a snippet of Jackie Chan". 

just to tell the whole story, "Checkmate" was a fabricated title, to say "FUCK YOU" to Merck - if you have the original leak, you can hear DJ Razz saying this right after the snippet.

the later "Checkmate" leak was re-made, either made a loop-loop of the original, or (later) leaked as the part of the "3 minute" thing.

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

If Axl releases a solo album you hope that it's a CD remix and not just brand new songs?

I don't think a solo album is possible. it was possible around 1995-6 or so, when the "Shadow company" was in fact Axl's solo band, but gradually it kind of blended in the regular lineup. that was probably the only time when Axl's solo project was "real".

1 minute ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

the fans are ready for the Chinese remixes and it's time axl or hoarders give it to them and stop the never ending wait

as much as I feel what you say, I think no, people don't really care about that stuff. only us, hardcore ChiDem era fans, are still interested in ChiDem era stuff. all the others just either don't care, or simply hate all the stuff without Slash. 

not wanna bash Slash at all! but it's a pity we had such interesting opportunity to get new and refreshing stuff, but in my opinion, the era is now gone and nobody, including Axl, cares about it.

• Like 1

This would work well as part of a future boxset compilation. However the likelihood of us ever receiving such is very slim.

As much as I'd like to hear some of the remixes, I'm not overly bothered if they never see the light of day. However, the work that Axl done during the Chinese Democracy sessions that are completed songs I would love to hear and hope to god they feature in a release that is hopefully sooner rather than later.

Some of those titles just sound so interesting;

Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul

Atlas Shrugged

Ides of March

etc etc

That's not to say that they'll definitely be good songs, however everything thing that ginger cunt sings on is 9 times out of 10 fucking incredible anyway.

The China Exchange he mentions that he gets the most enjoyment out of playing the CD stuff and it was a big part of his professional career and personal when you think of the time span. There will be, without a doubt, a lot of gems that the man is sitting on. 

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

If anything would leak at present time, it'd be:

• Silkworms
  • Oh My God
  • Atlas Shrugged Brian May V1
  • Atlas Shrugged Brian May V2
  • Atlas Shrugged Bumblefoot V3
  • If The World Remix
  • Shackler's Revenge Remix
  • This I Love Remix
  • Ballad Of Death
  • Mi Amor
  • Prostitute Music Video
  • Rehearsals VMA 2002
  • GN'R Rehearsals 2009
  • GN'R Puerto Rico 2010 

add up HOB 2001 DVD (the official one, we know it existed at some point of time, but maybe it has been trashed since).

and also audience recordings of the other two Vegas 2001 shows, and Hong-Kong 2002 show.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zombux said:

add up HOB 2001 DVD (the official one, we know it existed at some point of time, but maybe it has been trashed since).

and also audience recordings of the other two Vegas 2001 shows, and Hong-Kong 2002 show.

Also The Blues fast version (2002).

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

I love CD, but I really think Axl works better with someone else. He needs someone to say no, tell him what works and what doesn't, and stop him from falling into the rabbit hole of endless tweaking. So for that reason I'd rather he work on new material with Guns, and if he's going to release these remixes it should be a solo thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

No one gives a fuck if the songs are good.

Remember "Don't Cry", "Reckless Life", or "Anything Goes"? You know the songs not written by the AFD5 lineup. Or the other songs with strong contributions from non-members. 

You purists are beyond tiresome. 

What does it matter who wrote what in this case, what the fuck. And what does it matter if I'm a purist or not, or if I am a giraffe? I was not talking about me and what MY preferences were, but the public. Read the post again. If Axl were to release a remade CD it don't matter if Slash and Duff didn't write the material, what matters is if they PLAY on it, that was the whole point compadre. You actually believe Axl releasing a remix of CD with no Slash and Duff at this point will go over well with the public, or especially the fanbase? How can one actually believe that?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

It's definitely not just black and white. I obviously love the reunion thing and consider it absolutely paramount they release something they made together, whether just new stuff or a mix with something they did in the 90s. Well duh.
On the other hand, it would be definitely shame if we didn't get to hear what Axl and the NuGuys were doing in the 2000s. I hope he releases the "CD II" somehow, some day. It could be a box set and these songs could be marked as Axl & Friends, Axl solo or whatever. The fact he may not be looking back right now does not mean he is supposed to just throw away all he did in the ChinDem sessions.
However, it's true I can't stand watching any videos from that era any more now.

• Like 2