The True Story Behind the GNR Pinball Machine

My look at the GNR pinball machine released by Data East in 1994 including the Gilby lawsuit. Did anyone get a chance to play or buy the machine? I went to an arcade the other night they had the metallica, stones and kiss machine, but no GNR sadly. 

• Like 2

I am 41 now and live in Vancouver..but in 95 I travelled to Australia and in Sydney there is a district called Kings cross and went into an arcade and saw it and played it all night! I have a pic of me at the machine too which is pretty cool. man I had skinny arms back then!

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ah ok...wonder how fast they will sell? comparable in price, condition etc? nm i can just go look myself :)

The one I linked was the cheapest...I've been keeping an eye on the price of these for a few months now and they always range from 5K to 8K or so....the ones that sell anyway.  Lower than 5K, they go quickly,. Higher than 8K, they struggle.

• Like 1

I was fortunate to find and purchase a machine back in 2003. I bought it from a dealer that had it out in circulation for 6 mo. at a Mountain Mike's Pizza before I got a hold of it. But previous to that, it was owned by some lady that bought it back in 1994 for home use. So I got a machine that was only out in public for 6 mo. The dealer told me it was the only machine he ever put out in the field that never needed a service call. He said the employees at the pizza place absolutely loved it and took really good care of it. I have yet to see a machine that is in better shape than mine. 14 years later (no silence or pain) and it still purrs like a kitten. While I wouldn't ever consider selling it unless I absolutely had to, it is worth 3x what I paid for it. Not bad :)

You can't see it in the picture posted above, but mine has the original topper that came with it.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thunderram said:

You can't see it in the picture posted above, but mine has the original topper that came with it.

Mine's in a box in the closet. Ceiling's too low. :( Figure I'll put the Funko Pop Axl/Duff/Slash figures up there if they ever decide to arrive.

(It's such a shitty, cheap-looking piece, though, compared to the rest of the machine.)

Edited by Blackjacker

20 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

Figure I'll put the Funko Pop Axl/Duff/Slash figures up there if they ever decide to arrive.

I have a McFarlane Slash figure still in it's plastic sitting next to the topper. Wish they had made an AXL figure too.

Edited by thunderram