How long is this 'No Interview' policy gonna last?

There's fuck all for them to say. There's no album on the horizon, Izzy and Steven aren't coming back and i'll be mothrtfucked if their plans amount to anything other than tour this setlist til the money stops flying in. It'd be a waste of everybody's time.

• Like 3

Considering how Slash was always the one to do the interviews promoting the old Guns  back in the 80's and early 90's and he was always promoting his solo stuff doing interviews it does seem rather curious to me.......I guess he does not want to piss someone off.. .;) ;) and  risk blowing the big paydays......not a criticism of Slash as I am a big fan and would not blame him if that what is required to keep the peace but just speculating.......................

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Considering how Slash was always the one to do the interviews promoting the old Guns  back in the 80's and early 90's and he was always promoting his solo stuff doing interviews it does seem rather curious to me.......I guess he does not want to piss someone off.. .;) ;) and  risk blowing the big paydays......not a criticism of Slash as I am a big fan and would not blame him if that what is required to keep the peace but just speculating.......................

Ding ding ding

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more. The only thing I can think (that's positive) is that they don't want to say anything in the press so nothing gets twisted and they end up having problems again. 

Makes sense to me. I would guess that Axl and Slash had to straighten out things that might have been said, probably misquoted. Unfortunately, the media like to twist a lot of things musicians, politicians, actors and all celebrities say for their own agenda at times. They probably figure stay away from that and they'll be fine, let the music and shows speak for themselves. 

45 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Well it's not slashs band. It's axls. This is an Axl policy to avoid doing interviews and press, like he did for years with many versions of gnr. That just never changed sadly... I'm sure if Duff and slash had the say they wanted they would do more interviews but, the money's probably too important to them 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scooby845 said:

No, seriously...

I mean it's been almost a year and now the 'novelty has worn off' to a certain extent, the question itself arises...

It's time they start talking.. 

We wanna know what Slash thinks of Axl's voice, Axl's thoughts on if the reunion should have happened sooner, Duff's thoughts...etc etc..

Come on already, what's the hold up?

I agree completely. A year ago at this time I started complaining about the lack of interviews and press and that point just hasn't changed sadly. I mean I'm glad they said something, at the time I just wanted them to say something like they did in the South American interview but it's a little strange that getting Axl and Slash to sit down together and do an interview is pulling teeth... but hey, it's axls world and his call so what are ya gonna do? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

Perhaps not for you, but personally, I think it will be interesting to see and hear them talk about the band while you know... they're in the same fuckin' room. (like a real band)

It needs to happen and I can think of a lot of things they can talk about. For example: what Slash wants to do next musically, what Slash feels about Axl's production tastes and approach when it comes to pro tools compared to his more organic and analog approach, all sorts of shit no one will probably have the balls to ask or Axl and Slash will never answer.

Honestly, even Slash alone in a room could shed some light on a lot of shit I'm pretty confident people want to know about. Not you specifically, but you know... Guns fans.

Slash will say nothing interesting now for fear of provoking the redhead and cutting the cash pipeline.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more. The only thing I can think (that's positive) is that they don't want to say anything in the press so nothing gets twisted and they end up having problems again. 

The problem is that Axl shouldn't do interviews because he fucks things up all by himself. He never takes responsibility for his words. He called Slash a cancer in an interview with Del James. We know Del woundn't twist things. Last year it was Axl who didn't give a proper answer to the Izzy question. They could allow Duff to do the interviews. They could ask to have the questions in advance. So they can prepare the answers with the help of a qualify P.R. guy and avoid any controversy.

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash will say nothing interesting now for fear of provoking the redhead and cutting the cash pipeline.

You are the most cynical poster on here, and I've noticed your posting behaviour increasingly getting bleaker. Awesome!

Cant say that I blame them for not doing any interviews, look at all the analyzing being done about why they haven't done any...:facepalm:

I think that when there is something to tell, Axl will let us know...;)

He is damned if he does or doesn't... Same old story, some things never change in the GNR world. :facepalm:

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it

14 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Well it's not slashs band. It's axls. This is an Axl policy to avoid doing interviews and press, like he did for years with many versions of gnr. That just never changed sadly... I'm sure if Duff and slash had the say they wanted they would do more interviews but, the money's probably too important to them 

Slash was the one who decided not to be part of the brazilian interview, though. I know he never liked doing interviews but he knew he had to so maybe when Axl said "hey, we're not doing interviews" he was like "fuck yeah!" :lol:

• Like 1

I think they are probably aware that a first Slash/Axl interview will feel awkward - I would if I was them. Even if it was a pre-scripted softball interview there are some questions that can't be fully dodged and maybe one or both of them don't feel secure enough to discuss. There's also the stuff about Slash's divorce that he is probably trying to avoid being brought up too.

That said I'm surprised they haven't done a print interview for RS or similar, that would possibly be a bit easier on them both. Beyond personal feelings it might just be about saving that 'big' moment for when it is most financially useful. After this year if they want to tour again or they put out music they will need further publicity - the initial reunion has sold tickets without the need for much PR input from the band.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think they are probably aware that a first Slash/Axl interview will feel awkward - I would if I was them. Even if it was a pre-scripted softball interview there are some questions that can't be fully dodged and maybe one or both of them don't feel secure enough to discuss. There's also the stuff about Slash's divorce that he is probably trying to avoid being brought up too.

That said I'm surprised they haven't done a print interview for RS or similar, that would possibly be a bit easier on them both. Beyond personal feelings it might just be about saving that 'big' moment for when it is most financially useful. After this year if they want to tour again or they put out music they will need further publicity - the initial reunion has sold tickets without the need for much PR input from the band.

Very true.

There are plenty of bands who don't do interviews.

GNR is a big enough rock band to know fans will come to their shows and find out all the info they need. There's no need for any interviews anymore.

MTV doesn't give a shit and I doubt the late night talk shows care anymore either. The last time I actually saw Axl interviewed is by TMZ when he was in the airport.

Maybe Axl doesn't think anyone wants to hear what he has to say. He uses his twitter account for that. lol It seems with I phones and all the other electronics you don't actually need to talk face to face with anyone anymore to get your news.

Bottom line is that they don't have to behave or do things the way others think that they should. Why many continually question and fail to understand this very simple truth is baffling.

Aside from their stellar music, many fans grew to love the band even more because they always danced to the beat of their own drum and didn't do things the "mainstream" or obvious way.

What's going on today is consistent with how they've always done things. Different.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Bottom line is that they don't have to behave or do things the way others think that they should. Why many continually question and fail to understand this very simple truth is baffling.

Aside from their stellar music, many fans grew to love the band even more because they always danced to the beat of their own drum and didn't do things the "mainstream" or obvious way.

What's going on today is consistent with how they've always done things. Different.

pretty much!

OT: are you guys ok there? heard there was flooding!

23 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Well... to be fair, not always. Was Axl this cowardly? honestly, was Slash that scared of losing his job? I don't think so. Very calculated, everything is protected and monitored. There are Gn'R camp people reading Gn'R forums (Axl said that "you kinda have to")

Not doing the mainstream thing of releasing music and giving NORMAL interviews. Jesus christ lol. We're going to give them a medal now? different. Unique. Scared as hell.

Like I understand why, it's smart, but it's not commendable. As soon as Slash speaks now, some interviewer is just gonna ask questions I'm guessing Axl doesn't want them to ask him. But this is just a rock band. Because I love this band, I want to hear them even just joke around and shoot the shit together in the same room, maybe even getting to know where they're headed but realistically I'm supposed to be conditioned to accept that's a good thing? fuck that shit.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Well... to be fair, not always. Was Axl this cowardly? honestly, was Slash that scared of losing his job? I don't think so. Very calculated, everything is protected and monitored. There are Gn'R camp people reading Gn'R forums (Axl said that "you kinda have to")

Not doing the mainstream thing of releasing music and giving NORMAL interviews. Jesus christ lol. We're going to give them a medal now? different. Unique. Scared as hell.

Like I understand why, it's smart, but it's not commendable. As soon as Slash speaks now, some interviewer is just gonna ask questions I'm guessing Axl doesn't want them to ask him. But this is just a rock band. Because I love this band, I want to hear them even just joke around and shooting the shit together in the same room, maybe even getting to know where they're headed but realistically I'm supposed to be conditioned to accept that's a good thing? fuck that shit.

so basically they are not the most dangerous band in the world anymore? j/k. i see them kinda as i see myself. when i was younger a job was just a job, i had no one counting on me for money or insurance coverage etc etc. now they are older and maybe it's set in that they can't always just say whatever pops in their heads, everything has to be carefully thought out, the suits have to be kow towed to. and the internet thing sure, that has changed a LOT. geez can you imagine?? there are the people who want the AFD5, people who like Fortus but hate Frank, people who love Frank but hate Fortus, people who want Buckethead back, people who want Brain back it's crazy. the camp reading all this must have theor heads spinning around! i want them to give off the cuff interviews and release more music and be the most dangerous band in the world but so much has changed! it makes my head hurt just to think about it all. this is JMO of course!

20 hours ago, mr-fukaji said:

There's fuck all for them to say. There's no album on the horizon, Izzy and Steven aren't coming back and i'll be mothrtfucked if their plans amount to anything other than tour this setlist til the money stops flying in. It'd be a waste of everybody's time.

u really think steven isn't coming back? nor izzy? 

i think it will be way too boring for even them to just continue as is 

46 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

u really think steven isn't coming back? nor izzy? 

i think it will be way too boring for even them to just continue as is 

I don't know mfkr... don't think there's a place for Steven anymore. Frank is in Guns for 10 years now. Fortus for 16. I don't think it's boring for them at all. And even if it was, Axl doesn't fire employees he's satisfied with. He seems to be satisfied with everyone in the current line up. Maybe they'll be a part of the Gn'R family in the future, but coming back as full time members? I just can't see it.