Shooting at Ft. Lauderdale Airport

AxlsFavoriteRose

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

unless someone has had a history of mental illness there's really no way to tell unless they come in and say something like i've been sent by satan to go and slay some innocent folk at an airport or wherever. also he probably seemed trustworthy if he mentioned he was ex military. and i know from experience there are gun dealers who don't care what the people are using the guns for, they are all about the all mighty dollar. add to that he may have had the gun from before his mental break ( if that's what it was ). and we can't rule out buying guns illegally. there are so many ways this might have happened, a total cluster type situation.

They said last night on the news that he did have a history of mental illness.

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

They said last night on the news that he did have a history of mental illness.

@BlueJean Baby then it was obviously one of the other scenarios i mentioned or maybe one i have not even thought of. oh and i forgot one,  since he was ex military he may have had friends that he could have "borrowed" a gun from either with or without their permission or knowledge. just saying there are so many ways to get a gun it's effing ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

@BlueJean Baby then it was obviously one of the other scenarios i mentioned or maybe one i have not even thought of. oh and i forgot one,  since he was ex military he may have had friends that he could have "borrowed" a gun from either with or without their permission or knowledge. just saying there are so many ways to get a gun it's effing ridiculous.

I agree. It just really bothers me that seriously mentally ill people can't get the treatment they need, it's usually just put them on meds but not really attempting to see what the problem is... just kind of fucked up world we live in.:wacko:

• Like 1

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

I agree. It just really bothers me that seriously mentally ill people can't get the treatment they need, it's usually just put them on meds but not really attempting to see what the problem is... just kind of fucked up world we live in.:wacko:

yes i know this all too well. i have panic disorder and you would not believe what i have to go through to get the meds i need. and it's getting worse. i had to get a new dr cos mine went back to the Phillipines and my new one is a complete BITCH. she seems to have no concept that some months have 31 days. if she gives me my script on the 20th she will not give me another til the 20th of the next month even if the previous month had 31 days and i only get a 30 day supply! this last month she did that and i had the worst panic attack yet cos i didn't have m meds for two days. it's complete BS.

This poor guy went to the FBI and admitted himself into a hospital. I guess someone missed something, but year it's hard to know if a person is mentally ill. Sometimes they see the most normal people in the world and one day they just snap.

There's is no way to keep everyone safe 24/7. It's just the truth. Everyday you go out your door you don't know what will happen. you can control it to a point, but if someone goes off and has a gun or a knife and wants to kill you, chances are they will.

This is another sad story with another sad ending.

I just think the news makes it more annoying with all their speculation about a person before they even know what the hell happened. Sometimes I really think the news people make shit worse.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This poor guy went to the FBI and admitted himself into a hospital. I guess someone missed something, but year it's hard to know if a person is mentally ill. Sometimes they see the most normal people in the world and one day they just snap.

There's is no way to keep everyone safe 24/7. It's just the truth. Everyday you go out your door you don't know what will happen. you can control it to a point, but if someone goes off and has a gun or a knife and wants to kill you, chances are they will.

This is another sad story with another sad ending.

I just think the news makes it more annoying with all their speculation about a person before they even know what the hell happened. Sometimes I really think the news people make shit worse.

oh for sure the news people make it worse.

Another thing that bugs me is that the TSA is supposed to be so tough. I flew from Tucson to Las Vegas to Kansas City to Atlanta last year and they never opened my checked baggage, even after they lost it for two days. When I finally got it, it was still locked. I figured they would cut the little padlocks but they didn't. I had some liquid stuff in it bigger than I should have, so it would seem like if xrayed they would have questioned it. It was just perfume, shampoo and conditioner, but it got through.

Several years ago, I flew to LA and they went through every piece of my luggage, even left a printed note that they had inspected it.

Its just strange.

On 1/7/2017 at 6:42 PM, Silent Jay said:

What I'm implying? lol

You mean why did CNN alter Esteban Santiago to appear more white?

The Gateway Pundit did not provide any evidence that this altered photograph appeared on CNN; no video clips were included, nor were there any screenshots showing that this image aired on CNN.

http://www.snopes.com/did-cnn-alter-esteban-santiagos-photograph/

Why do you resort to grabbing desperately at the first and most pathetically shallow links and sources just to give yourself comfort in your own opinions? That's either really sad, or really irresponsible dude.

Some idiot at a blog lighted up the photo, told you it was from CNN, and the sheep come herding along :lol:

Edited by Dan H.

Just now, Dan H. said:

The Gateway Pundit did not provide any evidence that this altered photograph appeared on CNN; no video clips were included, nor were there any screenshots showing that this image aired on CNN.

Why do you resort to grabbing desperately at the first and most pathetically shallow links and sources just to give yourself comfort in your own opinions? That's either really sad, or really irresponsible dude.

lol

Read my previous comments.

29 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Some idiot at a blog lighted up the photo, told you it was from CNN, and the sheep come herding along :lol:

What's really disturbing is how easy it is to believe that CNN would do that. Yeah, some guy was spewing BS, but it was so similar to what we're used to, everyone just thinks, "yeah, that sounds like CNN."

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

It's still pathetic dude. Idk what else to say :lol:

Well you're probably not a twitter user, but at the time it was one of the most shared info of the shooting. A lot were talking about that, even journalists. So I was just sharing. It seems true as CNN earns the title of least trusted cable news.  But yes thank you we all know, you're kinda too late in the game.

On January 7, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Silent Jay said:

What I'm implying? lol

You mean why did CNN alter Esteban Santiago to appear more white?

Lol - this is the wrong forum to point that out. People on here aren't going to agree that certain networks have an extreme left view. I'm actually surprised nobody has somehow tied this to trump. 

What a terrible tragedy. The real question is what can be done to stop these things from happening. 

People are always saying that doctors over medicate and give out drugs too quickly and easily. Now people on here are saying doctors aren't willing to give out drugs and medication? 

People always claim that TSA is too intrusive and a waste of time ....now people are saying that they aren't checking thoroughly enough? Go to any long line at an airport and 90% of the people will complain about the wait. 

Maybe before social media people felt the same way and the world was divided - but they just shared it with friends instead of having a large platform to shout out their outrage. 

Point that it might be more effective and useful of people could stop constantly shouting out their outrage and use their effort and energy to try and come up with solutions. 

Instead of telling us that Trump is the devil, offer some suggestions of what we can do to fix the problems of our country. 

Ok. You think TSA sucks. Doctors sucks. Great. Now how can we fix these issues??? What can we do - what should our leaders do? What can you and I do?

I just think it would be more productive to focus on solutions  rather than just bashing the people we don't like. 

Edited by Apollo

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

What a terrible tragedy. The real question is what can be done to stop these things from happening. 

Not letting a crazy man have a gun would be a start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Fort_Lauderdale_airport_shooting#Investigation

Santiago visited the FBI field office in Anchorage in November 2016 and reported hearing voices in his head telling him to commit acts of violence. He also said that he was in control and did not intend to hurt anyone. He also claimed that the U.S. government was controlling his mind, was making him watch videos by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant[25] and added that the CIA was forcing him to join the group. Authorities urged the man to seek mental health treatment[5] and notified the local police who detained him and took him to a medical facility for a mental health evaluation. His handgun was taken from him due to the incident, however was returned in December after the authorities found no wrongdoing on his part.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight..in a time that is rife with terror attacks,  an ex-military guy back from Iraq, who's had a history of domestic violence, goes to the FBI and says I'm having "terroristic" thoughts and the CIA is brainwashing me through secret messages to become a member of ISIS.. leaves his newborn child and a gun in the car while he goes to turn himself in..is taken to hospital for a 4 day evaluation, is released with no follow up or medication, and then the police call him up to come pick up his gun?? What the hell is wrong with this picture.  

On 1/8/2017 at 10:51 AM, Whiskey Rose said:

So let me get this straight..in a time that is rife with terror attacks,  an ex-military guy back from Iraq, who's had a history of domestic violence, goes to the FBI and says I'm having "terroristic" thoughts and the CIA is brainwashing me through secret messages to become a member of ISIS.. leaves his newborn child and a gun in the car while he goes to turn himself in..is taken to hospital for a 4 day evaluation, is released with no follow up or medication, and then the police call him up to come pick up his gun?? What the hell is wrong with this picture.  

Exactly. Now they are going oops another one slipped through the cracks...will they ever learn from past mistakes or just keep putting more innocent people at risk?? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Exactly. Now they are going oops another one slipped through the cracks...will they ever learn from past mistakes or just keep putting more innocent people at risk?? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

People have got to realize, without having a gigantic police state (and even then), there's no way they are going to catch all of these terrorists. We've simply imported too many problems for our intelligence services to monitor. 

4 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

People have got to realize, without having a gigantic police state (and even then), there's no way they are going to catch all of these terrorists. We've simply imported too many problems for our intelligence services to monitor. 

I do realize that, but that doesn't make it right.

11 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

While I appreciate your stance and thoughts on this subject (as a matter of fact I have to say you and steve a jones have broadened my horizons on how to look at things differently than what we are fed via local news media)..in this instance this guy was practically begging someone to stop him..it's either the epitome of incompetence, or something else which my inner conspiracy theorist does not even want to think about.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

you would have a point if not for the fact Santiago was a Puerto Rican military vet so unless you are proposing banning all Puerto Ricans from entering America your xenophopbia is not valid in this case.....

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

you would have a point if not for the fact Santiago was a Puerto Rican military vet so unless you are proposing banning all Puerto Ricans from entering America your xenophopbia is not valid in this case.....

But it is in many others!

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

While I appreciate your stance and thoughts on this subject (as a matter of fact I have to say you and steve a jones have broadened my horizons on how to look at things differently than what we are fed via local news media)..in this instance this guy was practically begging someone to stop him..it's either the epitome of incompetence, or something else which my inner conspiracy theorist does not even want to think about.

Think about it this way. How many nutcases are our intelligence services following? Many I would assume. They have to be simply overwhelmed.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 1:38 PM, Whiskey Rose said:

I understand what you are saying. We are fed crap by the news media and it does leave you wondering wtf if...:blink: