Silent Jay

Poll: Which Other Song from 'Chinese Democracy' Would You Like To Hear With Slash?

Pick One Song Slash and Duff Could Play On Live   203 members have voted

1. 1. From Chinese Democracy

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

96 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Vote for the Best, The One Better than the Rest.

My pick: I.R.S.

As voted by 203 Members of MyGnR

1. Street Of Dreams 32.25%
  2. Madagascar 20%
  3. I.R.S. 16%
  4. Oh My God 9%
  5. Shackler's Revenge 8%
  6. Prostitute 7.5%
  7. If The World 4.25%
  8. Scraped 2% 
  9. Riad N' The Bedouins 1%

Edited by Silent Jay

I voted for Madagascar. I've always liked the song and would love to hear it with the current lineup. That said, i wouldn't mind I.R.S, Street of Dreams, If The World or Prostitute either.

IRS is pretty much the only song from Chinese Democracy I would want them to play-maybe The Blues at a push.

I don't see why Axl persists with stuff like Better.

I wonder which 3 songs Axl wanted Slash to play on Chinese.

I could see it being This I Love (thank goodness not for Robin's superb effort), If The World's flamenco, and IRS, but who knows. 

Were it up to me they could play the whole of IRS and then have a medley (with vocals) of the best of the CD stuff.

I'm going to re-word the question....

"Which of these shitty songs has the potential to be gutted & rebuilt in the likeness of a real GnR song with Slash".

Answer: Street of dreams.

It has flashes of potential. 

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Scraped, but IRS would be good too. Don't care for the rest

Interesting.

I could see Frank blasting that awesome drum intro and people going 'here we go You Could Be Mine!?'

Madagascar without that stupid citations would be interesting. I hope they never play anything from the rest.

Madagascar.

2 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

I'm going to re-word the question....

"Which of these shitty songs has the potential to be gutted & rebuilt in the likeness of a real GnR song with Slash".

The 'Slash makes the shitty Chinese songs so much better' is a myth. There's a few changes with Better (intro-bridge) and I don't think I like it more that it originally was, nor that it sounds more GnR to a certain degree.

But overall Chinese Democracy, This I Love, Sorry, Catcher In The Rye or There Was A Time remain quite the same. Some I like a bit more, some not. Of course, the show is louder and visually very appealing.

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

The 'Slash makes the shitty Chinese songs so much better' is a myth. There's a few changes with Better (intro-bridge) and I don't think I like it more that it originally was, nor that it sounds more GnR to a certain degree.

But overall Chinese Democracy, This I Love, Sorry, Catcher In The Rye or There Was A Time remain quite the same. Some I like a bit more, some not. Of course, the show is louder and visually very appealing.

I don't have an opinion on the matter as I don't listen to them with, our without Slash playing.

I do believe had the music been created by even the current line up it would have been a better end product. I find CD unlistenable & I have tried several times.

All I'm saying is I think SOD is the bones of a good Guns song, though it needs work.

1 person likes this

Voted for Shackler's Revenge cause that would be interesting. :D But Prostitute would be cool as well and pretty much any song really. But I've already heard Street Of Dreams, I.R.S and Madagascar live, so those are currently my least favorites, cause when they come to Europe I hope that they play some of the songs, that I haven't head live yet.

2 people like this

It's not about Slash for me, but generally more CD songs need to be played. Really miss Shackler's and the dynamic this song brings.

Next pick up, Madagascar.

12 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

I don't have an opinion on the matter as I don't listen to them with, our without Slash playing.

I do believe had the music been created by even the current line up it would have been a better end product. I find CD unlistenable & I have tried several times.

All I'm saying is I think SOD is the bones of a good Guns song, though it needs work.

All right.

Axl wanted a wall of guitars on Chinese which is very different to what we used to hear, so yes it's kinda hard to know who's playing what as opposed to let's say Slash very loud in the middle and right and Richard on the left. But I like it too, I think the isolated tracks helped me to appreciate it more.

I'm fine with SOD, I liked the fast tempo version better though. Should have been more of a rocker than a power ballad though.

1 person likes this

Madagascar. If not, Prostitute.

Omg

Riad

IRS

SOD

Prostitute

Madagascar

In that order.

Wouldn't be funny if Axl pressured Slash and Duff into playing Oh My God.

ITW for the song but yeah Madagascar/SOD/IRS would be more GNR. 

1 person likes this

One of the "weird" ones like Shacklers, Prostitute, or Madagascar. If theyre doing more Chidem, Id want more old songs too like Locomotive and Id like Slither to replace the Seeker

2 people like this