[Poll] Which Other Song from 'Chinese Democracy' Would You Like To Hear With Slash?

Pick One Song Slash and Duff Could Play On Live  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, wasted said:

ITW for the song but yeah Madagascar/SOD/IRS would be more GNR. 

I don't think it would be more GnR in a sense that those songs were played heavily back in 2006 and such and yes they'd mostly feel like home again, but in fact they're quite old, mid-tempo daddys rock. 

It'd be refreshing to hear If The World/Riad/I.R.S./Prostitute. It'd feel like a whole new summer again.

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Voted for Shackler's Revenge cause that would be interesting. :D But Prostitute would be cool as well and pretty much any song really. But I've already heard Street Of Dreams, I.R.S and Madagascar live, so those are currently my least favorites, cause when they come to Europe I hope that they play some of the songs, that I haven't head live yet.

I don't know if it's just me, but i really think Shackler's Revenge doesn't transition well to a live scene.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Didn't think Madagascar would be so popular. What do people like about it so much?

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't know if it's just me, but i really think Shackler's Revenge doesn't transition well to a live scene.

I think it changes with the band whos playing. Axl had 3 guitars on it, I'm sure it would sound different with the current band of 2 guitars and Slash playing it, less of a mess. And I think Axls low voice in the verses is really awesome live, the song as a whole I find underwhelming though, it was one of the pedestrian rockers of CD I was so disappointed with like Rhiad and Scraped, but Scraped has some really good riffs.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

16 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Didn't think Madagascar would be so popular. What do people like about it so much?

I think it changes with the band whos playing. Axl had 3 guitars on it, I'm sure it would sound different with the current band of 2 guitars and Slash playing it, less of a mess. And I think Axls low voice in the verses is really awesome live, the song as a whole I find underwhelming though, it was one of the pedestrian rockers of CD I was so disappointed with like Rhiad and Scraped, but Scraped has some really good riffs.

I like Madagascar for its lyrics and stylistic difference to other songs on the album.

Regarding Shackler's, i do agree on some points.

22 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Anyone can link a song from 2010 and present it as a great rendition. There are other performances of this song which aren't done nearly as well. Ultimately, i think Shackler's Revenge is too complex to be done live without cutting some corners. I don't think the following performances sound nearly as good as 2010 or the album version (even if they sound okay):

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Street or Dreams, for sure. I mean come on this song was simply meant to be played by Slash. I love CD but SOD is the one song that I could imagine being on the Illusions. Duff and Slash would make this a true Gn'R song. I don't know why the hell they don't play it.

Madagascar would also be cool but people forget that the lyrics are about the old band and that could get weird performing it constantly.

I picked OMG because I can't imagine what Slash would do with that. It's far from the best CD-era song but I'm curious as to how it would sound with Slash.

But in all honesty, we've heard way to many CD songs this tour so why add more.

Probably IRS or Maddy, but I would like to hear pretty much all of it as I think it is one of the greatest albums ever made. In contrast the only other songs I would like added to the setlist form Use Your Illusions or Appetite are Perfect Crime and Bad Obsession... 

• Like 1

This vote should be multiple choice, it makes no sense the way it is. I'd like to hear Street of Dream, I.R.S., Riad N' the Bedouins, If the world, Prostitute and of course Madagascar.

Didn't vote for that reason, just add +1 to all songs I mentioned. ;)

Edited by Zurimor

After initially, I thought, butchering "This I Love," Slash absolutely nailed it live in East Rutherford the second night. And I don't mean nailed it by doing it note for note, but nailed it by playing it his own way with his own spin. I was prepared to mock it and wound up speechless.

As far as what would I like to see this band play? Initially I thought "Street Of Dreams," but, even though I find it boring live, I think I'd like to see Slash's take on "Madagascar" the most.