[Poll] Which Other Song from 'Chinese Democracy' Would You Like To Hear With Slash?

Pick One Song Slash and Duff Could Play On Live  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My "real" choice would be "Prostitute." I think, with Slash playing, it would be cool blend of "old" GN'R and Chinese Democracy GN'R. However, the morbid curiosity of hearing "Shackler's Revenge" with Slash made me vote for that song. I wonder what would happen? Would Slash or Richard play Bumblefoot's solo? 

13 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

But in all honesty, we've heard way to many CD songs this tour so why add more.

Technically this is incorrect, during this tour we've heard 9 songs from 'Appetite', 10 songs from 'Illusion', and only 6 from 'Chinese'. This is quite unfair to us fans of all eras.

But as a Reunion tour it sort of makes sense with less CD. It's still kind of insane Slash is playing Chi dem Better Sorry. Never saw that coming.

If they played just Shackler's and If the World in 2017 that would be awesome. 

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

Technically this is incorrect, during this tour we've heard 9 songs from 'Appetite', 10 songs from 'Illusion', and only 6 from 'Chinese'. This is quite unfair to us fans of all eras.

Fair play, I should have added a "in my opinion" somewhere in that sentence. My bad :)

I do like CD though, it's just that I'd be more pleased with some more UYI deep cuts and maybe a different pacing when the WYWH/Layla, NR, KOHD part comes along.

• Like 1

I.R.S gets my vote. Slash could do 2 solos, and I want to hear the huge power chords in the verses with his sound. Plus it sounds influenced by Led Zeppelin.

Kinda awkward lyrically with Slash and Duff though. Would be cool if Axl brought it back anyway.

A close second pick is Street Of Dreams. Will probably sound great, especially the outro with Axl and Slash could be epic like Don't Cry.

Edited by Rovim

23 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Didn't think Madagascar would be so popular. What do people like about it so much?

I think it changes with the band whos playing. Axl had 3 guitars on it, I'm sure it would sound different with the current band of 2 guitars and Slash playing it, less of a mess. And I think Axls low voice in the verses is really awesome live, the song as a whole I find underwhelming though, it was one of the pedestrian rockers of CD I was so disappointed with like Rhiad and Scraped, but Scraped has some really good riffs.

Imo, it only sounded like shit because Ashba wasnt even playing the right riff. Fortus was playing the riff, while Ashba played something else, while BBF played his parts. That and Pitman/Dizzys fucking organ that would be in the background. Also Axl never actually sang the correct melodies on it

Edited by Mendez

On 08/01/2017 at 7:55 PM, Zurimor said:

This vote should be multiple choice, it makes no sense the way it is. I'd like to hear Street of Dream, I.R.S., Riad N' the Bedouins, If the world, Prostitute and of course Madagascar.

Didn't vote for that reason, just add +1 to all songs I mentioned. ;)

My last poll got me thinking. With 200 voters, there were only 1.7 votes per member. So it was unfair for the casual who didn't know.

3 hours ago, Liquor & Whores said:

none

he destroyed TIL's solo already

that's enough

Interesting.

You're not the only one to think that way. It's like he was completely unprepared or he didn't care for Robin's stuff.

On Sunday, January 08, 2017 at 4:42 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

If The World would sound pretty awesome with Slash on it.

If the world is such a shitty song. I cannot listen to it. The only chi dem songs that I enjoy are better and this is love which if released on UYI would have been a 2nd nov.rain

21 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I get the hate for the album version, but it was fantastic when they played it in 2010.

I think people hate it because its not a rock song. Its a pop song with guitars in it. But considering that I like some modern pop music, I liked it.

6 hours ago, Natty said:

If the world is such a shitty song. I cannot listen to it. The only chi dem songs that I enjoy are better and this is love which if released on UYI would have been a 2nd nov.rain

If the World is awesome live. Axl's vocal is more rock live. And the music sweeps him across the stage. The solo is great too, Slash would rock it. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 3:03 AM, Silent Jay said:

And hardly anything from LIES..

LIES > CD

• Like 3

Madagascar for me.  To be honest, Slash has already played on most of the Chinese Democracy material I like the most.  It's a shame they can't play TWAT more, as I think given more opportunities to play it live he could really make it his own.  

Funny how only one person so far has chosen Rhiad.  

• Like 1

None of the above. I would prefer leaving these songs in the past. I agree with all the songs they ARE playing, with the exception of CD (song), they could leave that one in the past as well imo. 

Sorry, TIL, Better, and TWAT have always been my personal favs from the album anyways.

I actually DO like the album, so don't get me wrong. I also DO like maddy, shacklers, street of dreams, and if the world. All of which (except for shacklers) could be interesting with Slash and Duff, but we have to draw the line somewhere. I would rather get NEW material or more UYI or LIES material than more CD songs live. I like that they play them though, and would always want to hear a couple from that album. But anymore than 2 or 3 live isn't needed after this tour, if new music comes.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Madagascar for me.  To be honest, Slash has already played on most of the Chinese Democracy material I like the most.  It's a shame they can't play TWAT more, as I think given more opportunities to play it live he could really make it his own.  

Why can't they?

• 1 month later...