2016/17 National Football League (NFL) PLAYOFFS

Zurimor

Guion played a lot of snaps as NT last year so I think he was more than just depth..........He had a snap count of 43.54 % which is pretty high considering how often they took him out on passing plays

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2016-snap-counts.htm

Amazingly HaHa Clinton Dix was on the field for almost every defensive snap last year 99.9% of the time!

Clark is going to be a good one as he matures I think as he is still only 21 years old but we really need another big body as you need a rotatoin to keep them all from wearing down. If we want a starter quality player from the draft it will have to be early as this is not a strong draft for NT types...either that or Ted will have to sign someone to fill the depth and give Clark time to develop more as he gets more playing time.......

Edited by classicrawker

Another bites the dust and pretty much forces Ted to go edge/LB  early in the draft..........Too bad as Datone was a decent player who might be a late bloomer like Perry...going back to DE with the Vikes so will probably put  on some weight  for thee move....will be interesting to see how he does at DE

Edited by classicrawker

19 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Meh.

Jones had maybe one good season. Too inconsistent. Seemed like a bozo. 

Lowry, Elliot, or Fackrell need to step up this season.

I saw your tweet about comparing himself to Reggie White and had to look it up...I can't believe that :lol: 

Dude was out of position in a 3-4. This tweet basically sums up TT's thoughts, I feel like:

Speaking of tweets:

Edited by Crazyman

Speaking about taking flyers, has anybody noticed the large amount of 1 year "prove it" deals that have been handed out around the league the past week? I don't recall seeing this many ever...

Also I'm seeing more mocks are mentioning Robert Davis in the late rounds...I would love if the Packers used a 6th/7th round pick on him. The guy could be an absolute steal late in the draft. 

Edited by Crazyman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/4/2017 at 12:16 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ESPN is reporting Tony Romo will be retiring ( AS a Cowboy yay!!!! ) to do broadcasting *happy dance*

He might be the best NFL analyst in football right now.
I've been watching football for 30-plus years and every week Tony throws out information that I had no idea about. I love how he gives specific game information without making it dry and boring.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Apollo said:

He might be the best NFL analyst in football right now.
I've been watching football for 30-plus years and every week Tony throws out information that I had no idea about. I love how he gives specific game information without making it dry and boring.

As a lifelong Eagles fan I hate to admit it but Tony Romo does a good job.  He's actually been very positive about the Eagles in the games he's covered them this past season....I was shocked.  

On 1/9/2018 at 8:38 PM, Kasanova King said:

As a lifelong Eagles fan I hate to admit it but Tony Romo does a good job.  He's actually been very positive about the Eagles in the games he's covered them this past season....I was shocked.  

Disdain towards opposite teams are mostly fueled by fans. 

Players move around a few times throughout their career and end up making friends with opposing teams. 

Chances are Romo played with a few players who were former Eagles while he was a quarterback with the Cowboys.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 6:38 PM, Kasanova King said:

I like him (also an Eagles fan, after the Hawks of course). He's still fresh enough out of the game that he's still really excited to be involved in football. I remember Pats v Steelers early in the year. Steelers were driving a 4th quarter 2 minute drill. At the goal line, Rapelsberger tossed a pick on a slant up the middle. As he drew back, Romo called it as it happened. "Ben, you don't throw a slant up the middle here, it won't turn out well, don't do it, Ben!" (Pick happens, game over).

• Like 1