Guns n' Roses "small catalogue" is a myth

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Never threatened you, though. But I know you're just trolling... even you must admit that not a lot of music has come out under the GnR name in the last 32 years.

"Trolling"? no, I never do that. What I know is that 5 albums is respectable. Axl said CD ll was done for a while now so I know he completed at least another album but did not release it probably because it became irrelevant cause the reunion happened.

Edited by Rovim

To make my point more clear, the German band "Die Ärzte" has released 13 studio albums since 1984 if I didn't miss one. They had a break from 1988-1993 for pretty much the same reasons as Guns n' Roses. :lol:

Those albums net a total play time of about 668 minutes or about 11 hours. They released a ton of live albums and best ofs though.

So in comparison and if you look at the play times, Gn'R material really isn't that few.

That's all my point, nothing more. :)

Edited by Zurimor

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Zep had 9 bloody albums. Doors had six which is one more than gnr, which is much better going considering the band was only extent for four years.

What about Nirvana? what about the fact Axl said CD ll has been completed for a while now? and what about the reunion? didn't that made CD ll, the sixth album Axl completed, irrelevant as is?

Edited by Rovim

21 minutes ago, wasted said:

The myth is you need 20 albums to be a good band. 

I kind of respect them for not milking the fans with mediocre remake albums. If they didn't have anything good they didn't release it. 

Like how they respected the fans by releasing UYI seperately to get more money out of it instead of releasing it as a double album like a normal band.

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

What about Nirvana? what about the fact Axl said CD ll has been completed for a while now? and what about the reunion? didn't that made CD ll, the sixth album Axl completed, irrelevant as is?

Nirvana have a big excuse, the fact that their lead guy died!!!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

"Trolling"? no, I never do that. What I know is that 5 albums is respectable. Axl said CD ll was done for a while now so I know he completed at least another album but did not release it probably because it became irrelevant cause the reunion happened.

ITS NOT FIVE ALBUMS. I BID YOU A GOODNIGHT.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Zep had 9 bloody albums. Doors had six which is one more than gnr, which is much better going considering the band was only extent for four years.

Zepp has 9 records, GNR have 8 records. 

But I agree, GNR should have put out more than 2 records in the 00s. Or released 8 tracks in 2002, 8 tracks in 2008. 

To me GNR do event albums. Huge debut, then double cd, then mythical 20 years in the making album. Next up the reunion record. They have just hit up the flagship albums for the most part. 1 for each era of the band. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not know anything about Faith No More.

This is madness. You and wasted are quite mad.

You don't know much about Gn'R either. Your poor excuse for an argument is that "6 albums are much better". That sixth album was completed according to Axl, and then Slash and Duff came back so it probably doesn't make any sense to release it now as is. We know Axl played Slash and Duff some material and said Slash can play on it.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

FNM have seven albums. Sluggards but still two more than Rose.

The Doors was a great band. Had only 6 albums. Axl had 1 more album in the can. 5 is not as good as 6 but decent.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

The Doors was a great band. Had only 6 albums. Axl got 1 more album in the can. 5 is not as good as 6 but decent.

Technically they released eight. You are missing the two post-Morrison albums. 9 if you include An American Prayer.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Technically they released eight. You are missing the two post-Morrison albums. 9 if you include An American Prayer.

Post Morrison? you must be joking. Fuck that shit. That's like 2pac albums after he died. Doesn't count Daisy. Try again.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

FNM have seven albums. Sluggards but still two more than Rose.

What!!

AFD - 1 record

Lies - 1 record

UYI I - 2 records

UYI II - 2 records

CD - 2 records

GNR - 8 records

In regards to Faith no more, from when Patton  joined (just after AFD) they have 5 studio albums. They did their reunion album recently. 

AFD - The Real Thing

UYI I - Angel Dust

UYI II - King for a Day, Fool for...

CD - Album of the Year

? - Sol Invictus

Soundgarden have similar discography. 

Pearl Jam kicked everyone's ass in terms of number of albums. 

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

But isn't it 5 albums?

1. Appetite

2. Lies

3. Use Your Illusion 1

4. Use Your Illusion 2

5. Chinese Democracy

Of which Lies is hardly an album and UYI came out at the same time so you could kinda say it's a quadruple album split in two, comes off a bit like padding out if you ask me, they don't even have different titles, its a 1 & 2 thing, so thats either because the artist releases it suggesting that there is some kinda unifying concept that ties the two together....or they just split a quadruple.  So to me it's like three albums with a fuckload of songs on em combined.

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

The Doors was a great band. Had only 6 albums. Axl had 1 more album in the can. 5 is not as good as 6 but decent.

In a very short space of time with a lot of evolution in between. 

Just now, wasted said:

American Prayer is a Morrison solo album. 

American Prayer isn't an album, its a spoken word poetry thing, there's very little singing on it.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You could equally apply that logic to Chinese Democracy. Many would say, ''post Slash. You must be joking. Fuck that shit...''.

Anyhow, this conversation is madness. Wasted there is pulling fictional GN'R discographies (''8 records'') out of his bumhole. You Rov are using bands who were only together for five years because their leading man died to justify GN'R's minuscule discography. Madness. 

Fact is The Doors released 6 albums, Gn'R went through some major changes, losing Izzy, Slash, and Duff. Axl had to continue without them, replace them, complete an album, and there was other shit that had nothing to do with music that stood in his way.

Tommy said RTB was responsible for some of the delay, the record company went through some changes, members were replaced again.

It wasn't just Axl sitting on his ass for 30 years. And he did complete more than just one album, not just Chinese. If Slash never left, if Izzy never left, if Axl had all the songwriting members than it would probably have been easier to deliver more albums.

But Gn'R still managed to release 5 albums anyway. Don't make it about me, 5 albums is decent when you actually factor all the shit that went down with this band.