[Poll] Which Other Songs from 'Use Your Illusion' Would You Like To Hear This Year?

Pick Songs From "Illusion" You Wish To Hear in 2017  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, John Daker said:

2 good picks. He could easily mickey his way thru breakdown and he can use his kohd verses voice for bad obsession

Breakdown fits the reunion somehow. They used to play Bad Obsession a lot on the UYI tours. 

Don't Damn Me. They've never played it and it would be easy for Axl to sing. He could easily pull that song off in an It's So easy style voice. There's no chance of mickey mousing it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Most of the lyrics to Don't Damn me were written by Axl's friend David Lank, and that was funnily enough the only song he ever wrote with them.

How do we know that Dave Lank wrote most of the lyrics? This song is very personal.

23 minutes ago, G-Money said:

I liked watching Slash and Dizzy rock the outro on "Locomotive"

It would be great if they replaced Layla with the Locomotive outro (with Axl on the piano). Of course I would prefer the whole song, but if they can't play it at least they could play the outro.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

How do we know that Dave Lank wrote most of the lyrics? This song is very personal.

It would be great if they replaced Layla with the Locomotive outro (with Axl on the piano). Of course I would prefer the whole song, but if they can't play it at least they could play the outro.

Sorry don't remember where I heard it again nowadays, but like you I remember being very surprised that someone else handed him the lyrics. But after I looked into it, Axl and David are very close friends since childhood and grew up together, and here (1:15) you can hear Axl say "we're 2 halfs of the same person". Taking all this into consideration chances are big they influenced each others writing style so it's not that much of a surprise in the end that Lanks lyrics end up sounding a lot like Axl (or the other way around).

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
spelling

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Sorry don't remember where I heard it again nowadays, but like you I remember being very surprised that someone else handed him the lyrics. But after I looked into it, Axl and Dave are very close friends since childhood and grew up together, and here (1:15) you can hear Axl say "we're 2 halfs of the same person". Taking all this into consideration chances are big they influenced each others writing style so it's not that much of a surprise in the end.

Yeah, I've seen this video. I've also read about their close friendship and that Dave Lank was a big influence on Axl in Indiana. What surprises me is this particular song and that Lank may have written most of the lyrics. I can imagine that he wrote parts of it (he's credited anyway), for example the "Look what we've done to the innocent and young..." verse, but most of the rest of the lyrics are very personal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I've seen this video. I've also read about their close friendship and that Dave Lank was a big influence on Axl in Indiana. What surprises me is this particular song and that Lank may have written most of the lyrics. I can imagine that he wrote parts of it (he's credited anyway), for example the "Look what we've done to the innocent and young..." verse, but most of the rest of the lyrics are very personal.

Okay so I got interested again and really lookted into it, and I THINK it was this,a close friend of Lanks wrote the following here to someone on Myspace back in 2006:

I am sure you are familiar with Paul and David's work with Guns N Roses over the years. David wrote most of the lyrics to "Don't Damn Me" and in an interview Axl referred to Dave saying "This is my oldest friend in the world. We grew up together. We are two halves of the same person. Twin sons of different mothers.."

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=23616.0

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Okay so I got interested again and really lookted into it, and I THINK it was this, Lanks wife wrote the following here to someone on Myspace back in 2006:

I am sure you are familiar with Paul and David's work with Guns N Roses over the years. David wrote most of the lyrics to "Don't Damn Me" and in an interview Axl referred to Dave saying "This is my oldest friend in the world. We grew up together. We are two halves of the same person. Twin sons of different mothers.."

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=23616.0

Thanks. I didn't know about this quote.

10 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

That got me thinking that Dead Horse would fit perfectly in UYI II.

They also rehearsed So Fine in 2014. I'd be ok if Duff sings it before This I Love instead of like Attitude or whatever he's playing.

I would be fine with Duff singing it too. So Fine is what I voted for.