Silent Jay

Poll: Which Other Songs from 'Use Your Illusion' Would You Like To Hear This Year?

Pick Songs From "Illusion" You Wish To Hear in 2017   240 members have voted

  1. 1. Use Your Illusion II

  2. 2. Use Your Illusion I


Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

107 posts in this topic

Pretty Tied Up and Dead Horse.

Would love Dust n Bones with Slash and Izzy too.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big surprise no one voted My world... :lol:


Voted Get in the ring and Dead horese, feel bad 'cause I had to choose only one from each album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breakdown and Bad Obsession. 

Dead Horse is more popular than I thought. Perfect for the nostalgia tour though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect crime may have made a few set lists but it hasn't been performed in front of a paying audience in 25+ years. 

having said that I want to hear pretty tied up and Garden of eden... next choice would be The Garden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wasted said:

Breakdown and Bad Obsession. 

Dead Horse is more popular than I thought. Perfect for the nostalgia tour though. 

 

2 good picks. He could easily mickey his way thru breakdown and he can use his kohd verses voice for bad obsession

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John Daker said:

 

2 good picks. He could easily mickey his way thru breakdown and he can use his kohd verses voice for bad obsession

Breakdown fits the reunion somehow. They used to play Bad Obsession a lot on the UYI tours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't Damn Me, Get In The Ring & Shotgun Blues, 3 songs that were never played Live.

Don't Damn Me the first of the 3 I listed deserves a play or two, the riff that made me wanna play guitar along with Coma.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Locomotive and Bad Apples, my favorite GN'R songs under SCOM. I see theres no love for Bad Apples though. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Locomotive and Bad Apples, my favorite GN'R songs under SCOM. I see theres no love for Bad Apples though. Lol

I love that song! Voted for RNDTH though ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't Damn Me. They've never played it and it would be easy for Axl to sing. He could easily pull that song off in an It's So easy style voice. There's no chance of mickey mousing it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that the most popular tunes so far in this poll both from UYI l and ll are only Axl and Slash tunes.

Axl: Breakdown and Dead Horse

Slash: Locomotive and Don't Damn Me

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the lyrics to Don't Damn me were written by Axl's friend David Lank, and that was funnily enough the only song he ever wrote with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That got me thinking that Dead Horse would fit perfectly in UYI II.

They also rehearsed So Fine in 2014. I'd be ok if Duff sings it before This I Love instead of like Attitude or whatever he's playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked watching Slash and Dizzy rock the outro on "Locomotive"

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Most of the lyrics to Don't Damn me were written by Axl's friend David Lank, and that was funnily enough the only song he ever wrote with them.

How do we know that Dave Lank wrote most of the lyrics? This song is very personal.

23 minutes ago, G-Money said:

I liked watching Slash and Dizzy rock the outro on "Locomotive"

It would be great if they replaced Layla with the Locomotive outro (with Axl on the piano). Of course I would prefer the whole song, but if they can't play it at least they could play the outro.

Edited by Blackstar
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UYI1: A tie between Don't Damn Me and Dead Horse, but I voted for Don't Damn Me because they'haven't played it live before.

UYI2: Locomotive, with Breakdown as a close second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with Breakdown and Dead Horse, both are a couple of my personal favs. Locomotive would be my 3rd choice.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

How do we know that Dave Lank wrote most of the lyrics? This song is very personal.

It would be great if they replaced Layla with the Locomotive outro (with Axl on the piano). Of course I would prefer the whole song, but if they can't play it at least they could play the outro.

Sorry don't remember where I heard it again nowadays, but like you I remember being very surprised that someone else handed him the lyrics. But after I looked into it, Axl and David are very close friends since childhood and grew up together, and here (1:15) you can hear Axl say "we're 2 halfs of the same person". Taking all this into consideration chances are big they influenced each others writing style so it's not that much of a surprise in the end that Lanks lyrics end up sounding a lot like Axl (or the other way around).

 

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Sorry don't remember where I heard it again nowadays, but like you I remember being very surprised that someone else handed him the lyrics. But after I looked into it, Axl and Dave are very close friends since childhood and grew up together, and here (1:15) you can hear Axl say "we're 2 halfs of the same person". Taking all this into consideration chances are big they influenced each others writing style so it's not that much of a surprise in the end.

 

Yeah, I've seen this video. I've also read about their close friendship and that Dave Lank was a big influence on Axl in Indiana. What surprises me is this particular song and that Lank may have written most of the lyrics. I can imagine that he wrote parts of it (he's credited anyway), for example the "Look what we've done to the innocent and young..." verse, but most of the rest of the lyrics are very personal.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just bring Izzy out for 14 Years once 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I've seen this video. I've also read about their close friendship and that Dave Lank was a big influence on Axl in Indiana. What surprises me is this particular song and that Lank may have written most of the lyrics. I can imagine that he wrote parts of it (he's credited anyway), for example the "Look what we've done to the innocent and young..." verse, but most of the rest of the lyrics are very personal.

Okay so I got interested again and really lookted into it, and I THINK it was this,a close friend of Lanks wrote the following here to someone on Myspace back in 2006:

I am sure you are familiar with Paul and David's work with Guns N Roses over the years. David wrote most of the lyrics to "Don't Damn Me" and in an interview Axl referred to Dave saying "This is my oldest friend in the world. We grew up together. We are two halves of the same person. Twin sons of different mothers.."

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=23616.0

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Okay so I got interested again and really lookted into it, and I THINK it was this, Lanks wife wrote the following here to someone on Myspace back in 2006:

I am sure you are familiar with Paul and David's work with Guns N Roses over the years. David wrote most of the lyrics to "Don't Damn Me" and in an interview Axl referred to Dave saying "This is my oldest friend in the world. We grew up together. We are two halves of the same person. Twin sons of different mothers.."

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=23616.0

Thanks. I didn't know about this quote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted breakdown and dead horse, two of my favorite from UYI albums my third choice would be you ain't the first. I love that song so much!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

That got me thinking that Dead Horse would fit perfectly in UYI II.

They also rehearsed So Fine in 2014. I'd be ok if Duff sings it before This I Love instead of like Attitude or whatever he's playing.

I would be fine with Duff singing it too. So Fine is what I voted for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted Dead Horse and Locomotive. In a perfect world and if Axl's lungs were 25 i would love to hear Don't Damn me.  The Garden would also be nice to hear sometime. With Alice cooper as guest

 

Edited by estranged_85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.