Wagszilla

A Perfect Circle | 2017 North America Tour

17 posts in this topic

They're also working on writing a new album.

Last month, A Perfect Circle announced a 2017 North American tour with four confirmed dates. Today, the Maynard James Keenan-led supergroup expanded that announcement into a 21-date U.S. run that’s heavy on the West and Southwest. As previously announced, they’ll also appear at the Welcome to Rockville festival in Jacksonville, Florida, the Fort Rock Festival in Fort Meyers, Florida, and the Carolina Rebellion festival in Concord, North Carolina, before closing out the tour at Los Angeles’ Hollywood Bowl. See all currently announced dates below.

April 7 – Las Vegas, Nevada @ The Pearl
April 8 – Las Vegas, Nevada @ The Pearl
April 10 – Phoenix, Arizona @ Comerica Theatre
April 11 – San Diego, California @ Open Air Theatre
April 13 – San Francisco, California @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
April 14 – Reno, Nevada @ Reno Event Center
April 15 – Sal Lake City, Utah @ Maverik Center
April 17 – Denver, Colorado @ 1st Bank Center
April 19 – Kansas City, Missouri @ Starlight Amphitheatre
April 20 – St. Louis, Missouri @ Chafietz Arena
April 22 – Tusla, Oklahoma @ BOK Center
April 23 – Grand Prairie, Texas @ Verizon Theatre
April 25 – Austin, Texas @ HEB Center at Cedar Park
April 26 – San Antonio, Texas @ Freeman Coliseum
April 27 – Houston, Texas @ Smart Financial Center
April 29 – Jacksonville, Florida @ Welcome to Rockville
April 30 – Fort Meyers, Florida @ Fort Rock Festival
May 2 – Atlanta, Georgia @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
May 3 – Nashville, Tennessee @ Bridgestone Arena
May 5 – Concord, North Carolina @ Carolina Rebellion
May 7 – Los Angeles, California @ Hollywood Bowl

http://www.spin.com/2017/01/a-perfect-circle-us-north-america-tour-2017/

2 people like this

I could of seen these guys at Lolla on 2011 but ate lunch instead. Did i miss out?

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I could of seen these guys at Lolla on 2011 but ate lunch instead. Did i miss out?

I've never seen them but I dig their records.

Josh Freese isn't in the band anymore so I'd be less inclined to catch 'em live / say that you missed out. Don't know for sure. 

I've heard about that. Very exciting news! New album since like ten years or something. Maynard is of course one of the best out there.

Edited by Silent Jay

On 1/12/2017 at 8:24 PM, AxlsMainMan said:

Guess this means a new T O O L album is at least a year away.

They just did a fall tour and have one up coming festival show in New York. As far as anyone knows, Maynard is still waiting for the guys to finish most of the music then come in. Of course he's heard the songs and has his ideas kicking around. The album art and videos are also going to take a while.  5 "worthy" songs for the new Tool album - allegedly - but we don't know how long those songs are. 

Billy (who is actually the "leader") probably has way more finished songs for APC, considering the last album of originals was 2003. 

Edited by dalsh327

6 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

They just did a fall tour and have one up coming festival show in New York. As far as anyone knows, Maynard is still waiting for the guys to finish most of the music then come in. Of course he's heard the songs and has his ideas kicking around. The album art and videos are also going to take a while.  5 "worthy" songs for the new Tool album - allegedly - but we don't know how long those songs are. 

Billy (who is actually the "leader") probably has way more finished songs for APC, considering the last album of originals was 2003. 

2018 at the earliest then :lol:

It's possible that Chris Pitman is working on the new Tool album, for those playing six degrees of Guns N' Roses at home.

I'm very excited about that. Very underrated musician. 

On 11/01/2017 at 0:44 PM, Silent Jay said:

I've heard about that. Very exciting news! New album since like ten years or something. Maynard is of course one of the best out there.

thank you!

1 person likes this

Bunch of new songs. No APC album scheduled this year.

1 person likes this

At least they're playing new songs. Can't wait for the new album, love them.

Way more excited for TOOL in Montreal next month :headbang:

1 person likes this

They were in Nashville on the 3rd and I sold my tickets. My friend said it was a really good show. I saw Tool last year and they were pretty good.

On January 11, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Silent Jay said:

The artsy and brooding fashion of everyone in the front - including Danny! - and then Freese wearing a tasteful argyle sweater vest over white t shirt. Love it!

This is great news, hope for new album.  They really lost my interest, but could easily regain it.

I got to see them open on the NIN Fragility Tour, before Mer des Noms was released.  Almost felt like it scratched that GNR itch at the time to see those line ups together.  A "former GNR guitar tech" seemed good enough in those days.  Cant remember if single had been out but I think it wasnt even yet at that point.  Saw them at least three more times while they were out on that album.

Im not a huge TOOL fan but owned Lateralus and saw them at a festival on that tour and it was phenomenal.  So much presence.  

The Grudge, Third Eye, AND Eulogy on the setlist last night; oh baby.