Whats your biggest GNR regret?

not of my doing.....but the cancelled show 1991 lake compounce in bristol ct.  i was 15, hit redial on my phone for probably 4-5 hours with no success getting tickets.  begged my father to drive me over an hour to the nearest ticketmaster location and was ecstatic to get tickets.  i'm not ashamed to admit i cried like a baby when that show was cancelled.

3 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Kind of wished I had made an effort to go to 01-01-01 or Rio. And I would have LOVED to have seen an '87-'88 show, jealous of anyone who was fortunate enough to have, hope you enjoyed it!

Newcastle City Hall U.K. 1987 with Faster Pussycat

Donington Park U.K.        1988 with Iron Maiden, Kiss, David Lee Roth, Megadeth, Helloween

I was at both of these shows Newcastle very few new about this new band by the time the played Donington things were picking up kids with tattoos bandanabandana SCOM & PC on heavy rotation then at Wembley the realisation they were the biggest band on the planet.

• Like 1

Hmmm, love this topic.  I guess I have two.  First off they were supposed to open for Maiden in June, 1988 at Market Square, a show i was going to already and they got pulled off last minute as they got switched to opening for Aerosmith on their tour instead.  Well, the Aersomith show came through a couple months later and I was not a very big fan of Aerosmith at the time and really hadn't become as big a fan of Guns as I would a couple years later.  So, I regret not going to see that Guns/Aerosmith show in 1988 at MSA.

Second regret, I had this huge double-poster size wall poster of Appetite for Destruction.  It was seriously huge and I loved that thing, I no longer have it and not exactly sure why, but wish I did :)

Biggest non-regret.  Driving back up to Deer Creek from Bloomington on May 29, 1991 and scalping a ticket to see them after getting home from their show the night before at 4:30 in the morning....will never forget that second Deer Creek show (or the first).

• Like 1

I don't really have any regrets, other than maybe not trying to catch more shows this year, and not going to another show in 2010 (but the Calgary show was the first I'd travelled for, so whatever).

Otherwise I've actually been pretty lucky; I saw 2 shows in 2011 with Duff, 2 in 2012 with Izzy, 2 in 2014 with long sets and rare songs (I've heard Prostitute live :D) and got to see them re-debut Coma.

missing the concert i had PIT tix to...but my baby kitty was sick and there is no way i could have left her behind or put her through the stress of a long trip. she and my boy dog accompanied us to GN'R in April...they stayed in the nice air conditioned hotel while i was rocking out at the concert!

Slash is the one to blame for my regrets!! First he was in my city in 2010, some friends went to see him, but I wasn't into GN'R until the year after, so I just said 'No, next time maybe' :facepalm:

Then in 2015 I was doing an interrail in the balkans and went to Sofia three times during that trip for catching trains to other cities . Was there the day before Slash's concert, I will never be able to forgive myself for not plan that trip better, so I could be in Sofia in the day of his performance. Only thinking about this makes me want to slap myself in the face a couple of times :cry:

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

My only regret is missing that triube band show where Steven played the full set back in november. I knew he was gonna be there but I was exhausted and it was my brother's birthday the other day. I should have gone no matter what, don't know when I'll get to see my beloved Popcorn again :cry:

Dude, I mean it was Steven motherfuckin Popcorn Adler playing AFD and UYI!! Even if you couldn't keep your eyes open, you should have been there :P

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Yes he was also on the Sunday IIRC . I Can't remember anyone extra on the Saturday though

That's awesome, I love Michael!

15 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

missing the concert i had PIT tix to...but my baby kitty was sick and there is no way i could have left her behind or put her through the stress of a long trip. she and my boy dog accompanied us to GN'R in April...they stayed in the nice air conditioned hotel while i was rocking out at the concert!

Oh, that's awesome. I have a baby cat now, he better not do that to me or he won't reach adulthood :P

11 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Dude, I mean it was Steven motherfuckin Popcorn Adler playing AFD and UYI!! Even if you couldn't keep your eyes open, you should have been there :P

I didn't know what and how long he was going to play but I totally agree with you, I'm an idiot! So now you know you're not the only one who wants to slap herself in the face. :no:

• Like 2

One small regret I have is when we saw them in KC on the '13 theater tour, that after the show we didn't go wait by Axl's bus to meet him.

We bought VIP passes for that show, and we were waiting on the sidewalk to go inside early before the show. We saw a few buses in the alley behind the theater, but there was another one parked by itself on the street right in front of the place, next to where we were standing. Anyway, all of a sudden the door opens and I hear Axl inside. Him & Beta step out and I said "Holy shit it's Axl"! He flashed a peace sign and ducked quickly into the venue.

After the show, which was a marathon 3 hour plus great show, I see the bus still parked there and a couple fans waiting out there. I thought about waiting a while, but me & the GF were exhausted & we didn't. The next weekend, I was checking out videos of the show on YouTube and found one of Axl hanging out with the maybe dozen fans who waited for him there. Talking and laughing and taking photos with them. It would have been really cool to talk to the man for a minute or two...

But that's it. Anytime they were near me, within reason, different lineups, I've gone & always had an absolute fuckin blast.

3 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

i can remember it being a sweltering hot day and then pissin down wi rain half way through

yes and I remember dozens of stacks of beer at the gates, full 24 can crates stacked up that people were not allowed to take in. also many reports after about the amount of couples making love in the bushes after the gig(I missed that :( ) best part was how slash turned the guitar solo into sweet child without all that godfather nonsense in the middle.