Whats your biggest GNR regret?

Seeing them in 2012, kinda ruined my 2010 experience. They were late, had pauses between every song, felt like every single member had 3 solo spots, Axl was really bad, it was just going on and on and on and it was really boring. And it was at the festival, I don't know why I didn't leave to watch something else 

• Like 1

I wish I had my Kerrang magazines. There was a Duff interview with title You either Got it, or you ain't Got What!?! 

I would read the magazines in WHSmith's and only buy ones with GNR articles. But after Get in the Ring I threw them away. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I was very young but I would've given anything to be at the 01/01/01 or 12/31/01 shows.

I also regret paying attention 2008-2011 and allowing myself to hope for another album. I'm a huge fan of the 2002 band and Chinese Democracy album but those years were just a perpetual disappointment.

Agree with these. Biggest thing for me is that I absolutely could've gone to those early Vegas shows but just didn't.

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Seeing them in 2012, kinda ruined my 2010 experience. They were late, had pauses between every song, felt like every single member had 3 solo spots, Axl was really bad, it was just going on and on and on and it was really boring. And it was at the festival, I don't know why I didn't leave to watch something else 

I gotta throw this in there too. I saw them a couple times in late 2011 & early 2012 and they were great those 3 times. Axl didn't sound "2010 great" but he sounded good overall. I saw them late in 2012 at the first Vegas residency and that's the one I regret. They were absolutely TERRIBLE that night. I came very close to just leaving several times during the show. I ended up staying just because I had friends at the show. If I were alone, I would've just bounced. 

• Like 1

The first one was on July 31st 2011 concert. Slash ft. Myles was the concert and that was the last gig of the tour!! After the concert ended there were talks that Slash would come out and sign autographs for us...      I was skeptical about that and dying of thirst and heat and my legs were giving up on me and I left. It was already enough for me fulfilling my dream of seeing him for the first time...Needless to say, Slash came out and talked and signed autographs...what was I thinking???? That was the last concert of the tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

The biggest regret was regarding the time I started getting into GnR, and therefore all Slash related projects... That was around 2007. That was already the time Velvet Revolver started breaking up and in 2008 they were completely gone. Even if I found out about them sooner, they never came anywhere close to my country... Then in 2012 I got high hopes about their reunion but that was only one-off.. Then Scott in 2015 happened.. I wish I saw Velvet Revolver in its full glory!! Absolutely one of my favorite bands aside of GnR!!

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Sounds like you will be searching in corners of your house that you didnt even know existed for the next couple of days:lol:

No it's gone. I remember giving that VHS player away. I only had 3 tapes. Blues Brothers, Animal House and Live at Ritz. I remember now because I remember going to great lengths to get a bootleg of Live at Ritz on dvd. But then I lost it again when I moved apartments. Specifically because I didn't pack it. I put it in this draw to keep it safe. I was going to travel with it in my bag. But I left it in the draw in this empty house. Whoever moved in probably just threw it straight in the trash. I didn't even realise until months after moving. I know that I can get a copy but actually having one is obviously too much responsibility for me to handle. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Finding out who "Team Brazil" are, etc etc.

Nothing against them, but I just think it's sad that they are somehow celebrities in this sick and twisted online community.

On that, the sick and twisted online community...you know, the NUTTERS...the ones from days of yore that have been driven from this forum.

Also, wading through drivel Rovin posts in every thread. 

My biggest regret is missing the Troubadour show last year and the two shows in Las Vegas cause they were epic and the first shows with the reunited band and I would have loved to be there to experience it live and not through YouTube and periscope but  I live in Italy so it wasn't that simple to go and to organize everything...

I regret not going to any show last summer in the US in particular the LA's shows either cause there was Steven but also cause I love LA and it would have been a dream come true seeing my favorite band in my favorite city but I'm going to see them this summer in Europe so it's not that bad :P

last regret not seeing them in their prime especially when they came to my hometown in Turin in 1992 but I wasn't born yet so it's not my fault!:P

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I gotta throw this in there too. I saw them a couple times in late 2011 & early 2012 and they were great those 3 times. Axl didn't sound "2010 great" but he sounded good overall. I saw them late in 2012 at the first Vegas residency and that's the one I regret. They were absolutely TERRIBLE that night. I came very close to just leaving several times during the show. I ended up staying just because I had friends at the show. If I were alone, I would've just bounced. 

Man. It was that bad? Wow. Crazy cause the 2012 Detroit show was so good. Vegas wasnt that far after

6 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Man. It was that bad? Wow. Crazy cause the 2012 Detroit show was so good. Vegas wasnt that far after

It was terrible. Remember how good the show was at The Fillmore? It was the exact opposite of that. 

Not seeing Axl/DC in Seville last year. I was a bit busy that week and I thought it wasn't a good idea going, I also though it because I saw AC/DC with Brian the year before. Nowdays, I regret of not going there, because now I know I could have gone without any trouble.