Whats your biggest GNR regret?

23 hours ago, donny said:

massive stones fan(my lads middle name is jagger) so gutted when I heard Ronnie turned up the day after my show. my mums birthday is 30th may so that night was a no go, same as bilboa this year being on 30th may so cant attend and will be the 20th anniversary of west arkeens death so im expecting GN'R to sing crash diet or sentimental movie in his memory as a one off and I wont be there :( 

I wish!

I wouldn't really hold my breath for that. Maybe they'll dedicate him Yesterdays, but I can't see them playing live any of those songs.

I joined the forum in 2006 after lurking for a bit before Axl reappeared in January at that Korn party lol, thankfully I got to see them twice in 2006, Bridge School in 2012 (lol) and then two nights in Vegas last year.

One illogical regret I suppose is probably not seeing the Vegas shows in 01 or the tour in 02 (I was only 10 when they played House of Blues on New Years).

Actual practical regrets are not seeing the band in 2010 when Axl was on fire & not seeing Axl/DC last year (no West Coast shows in 2010 or Axl/DC).

I did get to see VR twice as well. Haven't seen Izzy or Steven live yet.

4 hours ago, Axl_Fetish said:

This:

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-11%20at%206.03.2

May 9, 1991. First warm up show for the Illusions tour. San Francisco. The Warfield (2,300 person capacity).

The fact that I didn't hear about it on the radio is not what tortures me- it's the fact that the show had been advertised

in the local paper as "An Evening with The Doors". At the time a really good Doors cover band played in the area often, and I thought it was them...

so being a big Doors lover... I contemplated going. A lot. Often. Daily. My gut whispered.... "go, go, go...." and I didn't. So, lesson learned. Always listen to your intuition.

reviews & pics here: http://www.gnfnr.dk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1380

fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckme

Damn, sorry for your loss! I feel for you!

If it comforts you in some way I can tell you that the SF show in my opinion was the worst out of the three warm-up shows. Well I can't really say it was worse than the LA one since a bootleg of that one hasn't been released but I remember hearing a interview were Duff ranked them and said that he thought the NY one was best and SF the worst out of the three. 

But then again, in that close up environment, it'd be the best show i'd ever been to even if the band took the stage, burped in to the microphone and then left ;) 

• Like 1

On 10.1.2017 at 11:59 PM, tsinindy said:

Second regret, I had this huge double-poster size wall poster of Appetite for Destruction.  It was seriously huge and I loved that thing, I no longer have it and not exactly sure why, but wish I did :)

Haha... same thing here. I had one of these posters too and I have no fckn clue where it went. :shrugs:

But my only real regret is that I missed the 92 gig.
When Izzy left in 91 I was so angry and upset that I just ignored the tour. I was 16 back then. From todays perspective I'd wish someone would've just kicked my ass and made me go. But non of my friends were GNR fans :wacko:

• Like 1

On 10/01/2017 at 7:11 PM, bigpoop said:

Not going to see them at the Paradise in Boston,  October of '87.

I was super into the band and lived close to the club...like really close,  just a few T stops.  But I was still underage at the time and I convinced myself they'd card me.

Found out later it was all-ages.

I saw them six months or so later at the Orpheum Theatre, so I did get to see the original band in a relatively intimate setting, but missing that club show has always bothered me.

Hey man id love to get a review from the Orpheum Theatre show that you went to! Any memories?

Missed them in 1991

Catched them two years later, but it wasnt GNR anymore

That really sucks!

My biggest regret is not getting into gnr until a few years ago. I wasn't really into classic rock until later on in my life. I always had respect for gnr even though I never really listened to them. When I was in high school I listened to rap for the most part. I remember watching the 2002 VMA's in the living room. I can remember it vividly, jimmy fallon screaming "guns n f'ing roses" as welcome to the jungle began. I stood up from my seat saying "holy shit, they're back!" Thinking it would be the origional lineup. I remember seeing the masked musicians and thinking "wait a minute, that's not really gnr". Axl was the only one I knew. 

Anyways, even though I never really liked gnr much I knew how important they are/were musically. I was always told gnr live shows are the best, ever. A BIG regret for me is that after the vma's I didn't become a fan. I felt disappointed, kind of cheated that they didn't get back together. 

Fast forward about 10 years. The music industry is terrible. Any hip hop beyond 2008 for me is trash. I hate country so I had to find myself some "new music" and gnr was just that. I had no idea how many great songs they had made. If only I would have discovered this music sooner...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

My biggest regret is not getting into gnr until a few years ago. I wasn't really into classic rock until later on in my life. I always had respect for gnr even though I never really listened to them. When I was in high school I listened to rap for the most part. I remember watching the 2002 VMA's in the living room. I can remember it vividly, jimmy fallon screaming "guns n f'ing roses" as welcome to the jungle began. I stood up from my seat saying "holy shit, they're back!" Thinking it would be the origional lineup. I remember seeing the masked musicians and thinking "wait a minute, that's not really gnr". Axl was the only one I knew. 

Anyways, even though I never really liked gnr much I knew how important they are/were musically. I was always told gnr live shows are the best, ever. A BIG regret for me is that after the vma's I didn't become a fan. I felt disappointed, kind of cheated that they didn't get back together. 

Fast forward about 10 years. The music industry is terrible. Any hip hop beyond 2008 for me is trash. I hate country so I had to find myself some "new music" and gnr was just that. I had no idea how many great songs they had made. If only I would have discovered this music sooner...

I remember that well. Jimmy was so excited. I was so happy to see Axl again. Then he did the short interview backstage. :bucket::axl:

I once (2012/12/30) got invited to a sushidinner in Venice Beach with Axl and a mutual friend of ours and i PASSED on that invitation, i was really stoned and got really nervous. 

I think about that dinner and what could have been almost everyday. It is without doubt the biggest sliding doors-moment in my ife. Not very likely but there is a small chance that me and Axl could have been friends now, you never know...

Only one regret and it's a big one:  choosing to go on a high school marching band trip in 1993 instead of going to the only Skin n Bones stop anywhere near me. 

I've never forgiven myself.

Other than that...maybe this time I saw a UYI Japanese tour program in a store and didn't buy it cause it was like a hundred bucks.  Nothing else comes to mind.

REGRET ??? ahhahahahhahaha how the fuck would a GNR fan have any sort of regret when AXL is the one that has screwed over thousands of fans many times 

IF anything Axl should have the most regrets and should make good for all his antics, this being said going to the 2002 show in Vancouver and him not showing up made me feel absolutely terrible  

Also not going in 93 when I was 11 is more of a case of my parents not letting me so no real regret there AGAIN NO REGRETS FOR ANYTHING IN LIFE 

But if you really want to reach for a regret it's buying CD from best buy and listening to it 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, TheBadApple said:

I once (2012/12/30) got invited to a sushidinner in Venice Beach with Axl and a mutual friend of ours and i PASSED on that invitation, i was really stoned and got really nervous. 

I think about that dinner and what could have been almost everyday. It is without doubt the biggest sliding doors-moment in my ife. Not very likely but there is a small chance that me and Axl could have been friends now, you never know...

Dude.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

REGRET ??? ahhahahahhahaha how the fuck would a GNR fan have any sort of regret when AXL is the one that has screwed over thousands of fans many times 

IF anything Axl should have the most regrets and should make good for all his antics, this being said going to the 2002 show in Vancouver and him not showing up made me feel absolutely terrible  

Also not going in 93 when I was 11 is more of a case of my parents not letting me so no real regret there AGAIN NO REGRETS FOR ANYTHING IN LIFE 

But if you really want to reach for a regret it's buying CD from best buy and listening to it 

Wow....smh:facepalm:

14 hours ago, TheBadApple said:

Are you fuckin' serious??? Smh...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

• Like 1

1992 I was in high school. My friend and I had tickets to see them early in the year at the Palace of Auburn Hills near Detroit. The show was rescheduled, then ultimately cancelled. So I guess there's nothing I could've done for that show. However, they played with Metallica that summer at the Pontiac Silverdome, 20 minutes from my house. I believe my family got back the same day from a vacation, but I don't remember even particularly wanting to go. Huge mistake...my friends who went, who weren't (and aren't) even huge fans, still say how great the show was.

I finally got to see them in 2006 in West Virginia. It was an awesome show, great memories, but still wish I could've seen them in the 80's or 90's.

On 1/12/2017 at 6:30 PM, Axl_Fetish said:

This:

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-11%20at%206.03.2

May 9, 1991. First warm up show for the Illusions tour. San Francisco. The Warfield (2,300 person capacity).

The fact that I didn't hear about it on the radio is not what tortures me- it's the fact that the show had been advertised

in the local paper as "An Evening with The Doors". At the time a really good Doors cover band played in the area often, and I thought it was them...

so being a big Doors lover... I contemplated going. A lot. Often. Daily. My gut whispered.... "go, go, go...." and I didn't. So, lesson learned. Always listen to your intuition.

reviews & pics here: http://www.gnfnr.dk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1380

fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmefuckme

I was at that show and it was utter chaos. The build-up was the most intense part of it because the 'secret' show was rumored for a few weeks prior to that.

I saw them a few times before that during AFD tour, but the small size of the Warfield made it special.

• Like 1