all these gnr subjects suck right now

17 minutes ago, downzy said:

I remember when they announced the Coachella gig and month or two went by before they announced the Vegas shows.  I remember thinking that it would suck if this was a one and done thing for the band and if you missed Coachella (or later the two Vegas shows), you missed your opportunity to see Axl, Slash, and Duff on stage together.  

I think the band owes it to those fans who do not live in North or South American to take the show on the road before they start mixing things up with new material.  It's been over two decades since Axl, Duff, and Slash shared the stage and I would imagine that most long-time fans would love to see and hear this show that is largely hits.  Hopefully if all goes well and there's still fuel in the tank we might see a new album at the end of this year, but that's just me speculating.  

That's a theory I like, though I find it hard to believe. But hey, I was one of them who needed the trailers before Starwars and and all these billboards to believe a reunion will happen. Usualy I'm a bit pessimistic when it comes to Guns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I remember when they announced the Coachella gig and month or two went by before they announced the Vegas shows thinking that it would suck if this was a one and done thing for the band and if you missed Coachella (or later the two Vegas shows), you missed your opportunity to see Axl, Slash, and Duff on stage together.  

I think the band owes it to those fans who do not live in North or South American to take the show on the road before they start mixing things up with new material.  It's been over two decades since Axl, Duff, and Slash shared the stage and I would imagine that most long-time fans would love to see and hear this show that is largely hits.  Hopefully if all goes well and there's still fuel in the tank we might see a new album at the end of this year, but that's just me speculating.  

true, hopefully this next round will fuel that hunger a bit again 

6 hours ago, downzy said:

Hopefully if all goes well and there's still fuel in the tank we might see a new album at the end of this year, but that's just me speculating.  

I think it's well possible they'll release new stuff after the tour. They should have the equipment to record while touring, just need to go to a studio and master it then. We'll see soon™.

51 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

The no interview clause is killing the plethora of would-be informative and engaging possible topics that could be made in here!

They tried it with the last one and then the shit hit the fan with the Izzy comment.

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They haven't even been together and touring for a year yet. People need to relax.. They are getting out there and kicking ass for the world to see again. I know these days everyone wants instant gratification but let everything happen. Try to enjoy it for what it is. Maybe they are working on music ideas between legs of the tour.  

I agree 100% :headbang::P

8 hours ago, Free Bird said:

That's a theory I like, though I find it hard to believe. But hey, I was one of them who needed the trailers before Starwars and and all these billboards to believe a reunion will happen. Usualy I'm a bit pessimistic when it comes to Guns.

You think you're pessimistic?  I didn't believe until the night of the Coachella announcement when Slash changed his Facebook profile pic to the GnR Coachella one :)

23 minutes ago, wasted said:

Maybe being between legs will inspire them to write a song. 

I'm usually inspired in that position as well :)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They haven't even been together and touring for a year yet. People need to relax.. They are getting out there and kicking ass for the world to see again. I know these days everyone wants instant gratification but let everything happen. Try to enjoy it for what it is. Maybe they are working on music ideas between legs of the tour.  

I bet they're at least exchanging ideas, we'll see what comes from it.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm pretty sure Slash and Duff are working together while on the road and maybe even in between legs of the tour.

Big question is if Axl is part of that or involved in some way. 

11 hours ago, downzy said:

I remember when they announced the Coachella gig and month or two went by before they announced the Vegas shows thinking that it would suck if this was a one and done thing for the band and if you missed Coachella (or later the two Vegas shows), you missed your opportunity to see Axl, Slash, and Duff on stage together.  

This.  Honestly, a GNR reunion with Slash & Duff really does deserve it's own giant world tour before we start getting antsy for the next album.  Once things wrap up in September, then I think it's time to start looking forward to new music.  

Though, if by some miracle it happens/is announced before then I certainly wouldn't be disappointed.  : )

11 hours ago, downzy said:

Perfect.  This is all I ever wanted.  We are basically getting the UYI tour again with a couple CD songs (beer run, piss run).  We are hearing Coma again, Estranged, SCOM played properly etc....all this with Axl, Slash n Duff.  We are seeing them back on stage together again just dominating.  Yes they are all sober, older and wiser (less dangerous...less unpredictable), but so am I (well I still pump down the cocktails).  As far as a new album- I'm not sure I want that.  Although if they are going to truly tour/stay together for the foreseeable future they will have to do new music to truly avoid the nostalgic label. 

• Like 3