Can you trust people?

Depends what you mean by trust and to what degree.  You already trust people to a point, you have expectations and an understanding of society.  I mean if you had completely zero trust then you wouldn't cross the road when the traffic lights say so cuz you wouldn't trust that the guy in the Range Rover isn't gonna mow you down as soon as you step in the street.  Every time you go to the grocery store you are trusting someone (or a great many someones) by eating the shit they sell and trusting that it ain't been laced with fuckin' arsenic.  

As far as person to person, I think by living out in the world and interacting with people and assessing them you develop instincts about people, you know whoose a snide and you know whoose sincere, you develop an in built compass for it.  I mean we all know, we all have instincts that like...OK, I'm walking down the street and there's a bunch of likely looking lads that might be a bit of grief if you don't keep your head up and your eyes down and walk past or maybe cross over the other side of the road.  We all know that the guy who approaches us on the street and goes 'hey, you wanna buy a Rolex?' is probably not the most honest square dealing gentleman in town.  Sure your instincts let you down sometimes or you ignore them and pay for it but it's all part of the learning experience.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Depends what you mean by trust and to what degree.  You already trust people to a point, you have expectations and an understanding of society.  I mean if you had completely zero trust then you wouldn't cross the road when the traffic lights say so cuz you wouldn't trust that the guy in the Range Rover isn't gonna mow you down as soon as you step in the street.  Every time you go to the grocery store you are trusting someone (or a great many someones) by eating the shit they sell and trusting that it ain't been laced with fuckin' arsenic.  

As far as person to person, I think by living out in the world and interacting with people and assessing them you develop instincts about people, you know whoose a snide and you know whoose sincere, you develop an in built compass for it.  I mean we all know, we all have instincts that like...OK, I'm walking down the street and there's a bunch of likely looking lads that might be a bit of grief if you don't keep your head up and your eyes down and walk past or maybe cross over the other side of the road.  We all know that the guy who approaches us on the street and goes 'hey, you wanna buy a Rolex?' is probably not the most honest square dealing gentleman in town.  Sure your instincts let you down sometimes or you ignore them and pay for it but it's all part of the learning experience.  

can you trust people? i don't think i can answer for everyone. i sometimes trust people TOO much ( not to the extent of buying a Rolex from a guy on the street, or giving out info from someone who calls and says i am calling from such and such and need your SS# or falling for the emails that say i am a millionaire and need your help type thing. ) but i have been called "naive" on MANY occasions.

36 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

can you trust people? i don't think i can answer for everyone. i sometimes trust people TOO much ( not to the extent of buying a Rolex from a guy on the street, or giving out info from someone who calls and says i am calling from such and such and need your SS# or falling for the emails that say i am a millionaire and need your help type thing. ) but i have been called "naive" on MANY occasions.

I can trust people yeah, easily.  You just gotta be so dramatic when someone lets you down.  Not you personally, I mean people in general.  Was naive as a kid a bit but thats how i learned not too, buying dud bags of weed or coke or, this one when i was really wet behind the ears, the old 'gimme the money and wait here, I'll be back with the gear' trick :lol:

• Like 2

can't say i ever got burned on a drug buy, idk maybe just luck! i remember my friend and i were given an address to go buy some weed and it was like a normal house. we rang the bell, this older mom-type person opened the door and says yes? can i help you? almost bolted at that point but my friend who was bolder asked for this guy. i was waiting for the well what do you want to see him for? but she just calls his name, he comes ( mom was still there ) said how much you want? we told him and he gave it to me! so bizarre, mom there through the whole transaction :lol:

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

can't say i ever got burned on a drug buy, idk maybe just luck! i remember my friend and i were given an address to go buy some weed and it was like a normal house. we rang the bell, this older mom-type person opened the door and says yes? can i help you? almost bolted at that point but my friend who was bolder asked for this guy. i was waiting for the well what do you want to see him for? but she just calls his name, he comes ( mom was still there ) said how much you want? we told him and he gave it to me! so bizarre, mom there through the whole transaction :lol:

Old lady dealers are the best (not that your instance was), they're usually safe as houses, never been arrested in their lives, been dealing since the 70s and they never try and rip you off. Trouble is finding one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Old lady dealers are the best (not that your instance was), they're usually safe as houses, never been arrested in their lives, been dealing since the 70s and they never try and rip you off. Trouble is finding one.

that is so true. marijuana up to an ounce is now legal here but there are no "stores" yet to buy it yet! i have never bought weed since i lived here. i don't even know where to look for a dealer :lol: oops kinda derailing the thread. 

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

Abraham Lincoln  

just change fool to trust i guess? :P

22 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that is so true. marijuana up to an ounce is now legal here but there are no "stores" yet to buy it yet! i have never bought weed since i lived here. i don't even know where to look for a dealer :lol: oops kinda derailing the thread. 

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

Abraham Lincoln  

just change fool to trust i guess? :P

I thought Bob Dylan said that :lol:

• Like 1