Sequel Fatigue

Dan H.

On 4/26/2017 at 7:22 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Unbreakable is a silent masterpiece in its own way and Split was a fantastic return to form. I hope the next one lives up to both.

Split was obnoxious if not only for the mental health aspects. I'll give some room here, as it works as a solid film more than any of Shamylan's recent attempts, although I've never cared for his work.

Unbreakable is excellent in a way that almost feels accidental. The tone is all wonky and bizarre, but manages to work well with the plot. Ideally they'll give the sequel more of the energy of Split, with the writing of Unbreakable.

Could work out incredibly well, could totally bomb. These are the sequels I get excited for, the ones that seem risky and could go either way. It's also a franchise that could benefit from a sequel, unlike 99% of the others coming out soon.

On 4/29/2017 at 4:12 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

we live in a world of crap movies. well at least most of the "popular" ones. yet i will sit and watch them :facepalm: well to a point. not gonna watch Paul Blart Mall Cop!

Even the best picture nominees are crap.