If they finally did play Slither..

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Who would sing, Axl or Duff? Would Axl even consider singing a VR song, or did the band just rehearse that song as a break for him and have Duff sing, what do you all think?

I don't think they'll ever actually play Slither, so I don't worry about this :)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I don't think they'll ever actually play Slither, so I don't worry about this :)

Slash is playing with Axl. I now believe anything can happen nowadays no matter how unlikely, and considering they rehearsed it and went through the trouble of printing it on setlists, the chances are bigger than the prognosed 0%. Besides this thread starts with *if*, it's not about how likely or unlikely it is, but how they would go about it if it was already decided. They MUST have approached Axl about it before they would even bother throwing in a VR song into the setlist, so there had to be some sort of plan there

I remember reading that Axl liked Slither, so maybe he has considered singing it. But perhaps he thought that his voice didn't really suit the song, so they took it out of the setlist. Or maybe we'll hear him sing it at some point. Who knows. 

If Duff was going to sing it, I think he would have done it already.

Honestly I don't think it will work very well. I like Slither, all of Contraband really. But Slither's vocal melodies and lyrics don't really lend themselves very well to Axl's voice or personality in my head at least. That was all Scott and should stay that way.

They have many Guns tunes they can bring back.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Well, they played worse #Catcher #CD

Catcher is a big gun, CD is an AAA track. Don't know what you're talking about. Slither is also AAA. Boneheaded, but very strong. Sounds like an STP track and not just cause Scott was a part of it.

• Like 1