If they finally did play Slither..

Once again, the argument of "if they play CD then Axl should be willing to play VR" comes up... there is a big difference between VR material and GNR CD material. The difference being, VR is 100% not GNR, while CD is, despite what a lot of people prefer to believe. 

Also, if they do play it then I'd rather hear Axl taking a swing at it than Duff... but I'd really prefer if they didn't play it, leave it to SMKC and Kings of chaos or if VR ever do anything again, GnR should stick to GNR music, far too many covers in the set as it is.

46 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Honestly....these arguments about whether CD is a GnR album or an Axl solo album whatever are just fucking stupid.  Good grief people. You can have your opinion about it and that's all good, but you aren't going to change anyone else's opinion on it...move the fuck on with your life.  

^^^this^^^

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

Catcher is a big gun, CD is an AAA track. Don't know what you're talking about. Slither is also AAA. Boneheaded, but very strong. Sounds like an STP track and not just cause Scott was a part of it.

You don't know what I'm talkin about? I'm talking about that I dislike Catcher. One of the worsest songs on CD. CD the track is an okay song to me but nothing more. Both do not sound anything like classic Guns. Catcher on Illusions? No way. Not even as a b-side.

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

For me, Duff's 2 greatest vocal moments were his SO! (down) SO! (down) SO! (down) backing vocals in Jungle and his epic Slither work (EH! EH! EH!)

Mine will always be his backing vocals in Out Ta Get Me Live... "They won't touch me!!!"  

Sounded perfect without the small wonder trying to drown him out these days.

3 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

VR includes 60% of GNR , CD only twenty. Despite you prefer to believe.

Exactly.. It is more like a few people here like to believe "CD is Gn'R".. The majority of the world does not...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

You don't know what I'm talkin about? I'm talking about that I dislike Catcher. One of the worsest songs on CD. CD the track is an okay song to me but nothing more. Both do not sound anything like classic Guns. Catcher on Illusions? No way. Not even as a b-side.

When they played Catcher this tour I revisited the song on youtube because I had no recollection of it. I actually thought it had some good elements to it (mostly Axl) and had potential. I thought that would be one song that might be better with Slash and Duff and watched the live performance on you tube.. Didn't sound better. Actually sounded worse as did Axl..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

They didn't just soundcheck "Slither", we've seen it on the ALT. setlist. And that's something, at least for me.

Is that true? If so that's pretty promising, at least more promising than I had thought 

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Slither was removed from the most recent setlists

setlist.jpg

Catcher wasn't even on the alt. choices when it was first played last year, so who knows what's gonna happen. 8 more days to go until we see a 2017 setlist, there's no way they will go in with the exact same into the next year

32 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Catcher wasn't even on the alt. choices when it was first played last year, so who knows what's gonna happen. 8 more days to go until we see a 2017 setlist, there's no way they will go in with the exact same into the next year

I think that's exactly what is going to happen, same basic setlist as last year.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 3

Obviusly axl is the man to sing this.  And since is the best thing vr ever recorded ,  it would be nice to hear such an exiting song  ( i know, those lirycs arent the meaningfull stuff axl normaly sings with GNR).. But i second that motion of axl doing slither and FTP,  that would be so cool.

FTP could become easyly one epic memorable classic moment on rock n roll history with axl onboard.  ( plus we already know the song was wrote on "old guns" days

Here's my two cents. Sorum was originally gonna take a role like Adler did, right? I mean we don't know for sure, but that rumor came up more than a few times. Maybe they were planning on doing Slither with Matt? 

Here's my thoughts as to why Slash and Duff are playing all the CD material. CD is Axl's solo album (or lets just say Axl's album). Guns N' Roses is the only band Axl is currently a part of (AC/DC is a guest thing technically isn't it?..so far). Slash and Duff did not fold SMKC and Loaded when rejoining GN'R. Slash could very well do a SMKC tour next year and play all of World on Fire or VR, whatever. Duff can do the same thing with Loaded and the 10 other bands he's in. Axl doesn't have another band to play CD material with. If he doesn't play them with GN'R, who is he gonna play them with? Do you really think he's gonna start the Axl Roses solo band now?