Cheap seats at stadiums.

I wouldn't worry about it brother. With those 100 ft high high-def screens and booking sound you'll be fine. That you're there is the main thing. I don't think there are 'nosebleeds' for sale anyway for these Euro soccer stadiums, it's a different pricing structure to those USA mega stadiums.

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I will be attending many shows this year and my finds are low so for some of the GNR shows I will be forced to purchase the cheap seats. Has anyone on this forum view GNR from the section at a football stadium? If so, did you still enjoy it? 

If you are in the US and looking to see a lot of shows cheaply I would do one of two things:

buy the cheapest ticket you can as soon as you can.  The likelihood they will close that section and upgrade you at the show is high.

or: play the waiting game.  Many shows see tickets being discounted the closer you get to day of show.  Very good up close floor tickets were being sold day of show on ticketmaster last year for 1/2 price.  If that doesn't work, you also have the secondary market to fall back on.  @RussTCB is an expert on this strategy :)

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Carburetta said:

I wouldn't worry about it brother. With those 100 ft high high-def screens and booking sound you'll be fine. That you're there is the main thing. I don't think there are 'nosebleeds' for sale anyway for these Euro soccer stadiums, it's a different pricing structure to those USA mega stadiums.

you won't see screens if you're seated too aside..

it happened to me..

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

If you are in the US and looking to see a lot of shows cheaply I would do one of two things:

buy the cheapest ticket you can as soon as you can.  The likelihood they will close that section and upgrade you at the show is high.

or: play the waiting game.  Many shows see tickets being discounted the closer you get to day of show.  Very good up close floor tickets were being sold day of show on ticketmaster last year for 1/2 price.  If that doesn't work, you also have the secondary market to fall back on.  @RussTCB is an expert on this strategy :)

You can get burned playing the waiting game too. I did it for Pittsburgh. All upper level seats were down to $20, I waited just one day too long holding out hope that the lower level would have a price drop, and they took the upper level off sale entirely. So I scrambled and picked up an upper level ticket secondhand, around the 50 yard line. When I got to the venue and got my new ticket, I was at the back of the lower bowl - 4 sections farther from the stage than I was "supposed" to be, but they refused to upgrade me further since it was technically an upgrade, by price. Total bullshit.

Either way, I'm doing the cheapest seats possible for every show I do this year. My days of being up front for GN'R are over at their current prices, so may as well do cheap seats and see more gigs :shrugs: 

• Like 1