Steven Adler's Mother's Book 'Sweet Child of Mine: How I Lost My Son to Guns N' Roses' To Be Released January 24, 2017

4 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

Sure.

It's just super-skeevy for mom to think she needs to do that. (And honestly, as much as it might be portrayed as "her story" with the "How I Lost My Son To Guns N' Roses" tagline... nobody gives a shit about her story.)

"Finally! A book from Steven Adler's mom!" :shrugs:

I thought that at first, but considering they're giving away signed drumsticks I'm guessing Stevens in on it.

Im guessing it's meant to be more of a book for people who are dealing with addicts to read about someone else's experience that it is for adlers mom to just get attention and money.

what the fuck axl always mentions adlers mom is she really that neurotic and domineering? 

1 hour ago, G-Money said:

An Izzy book could be interesting though.

i would prefer to read an izzy book 

axl's secrets run deep and perhaps izzy's as well - but just the song writing portion of izzy's life would be the holy grail double talking jive motherfucker is truly his showmanship of musicianship performed by everyone 

i'd want to know the things that inspired him and the moment he was in them 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

3 hours ago, cineater said:

Timely book.  A lot of families out there dealing with their children's drug addictions.  It's just as a horrific experience for them as the addict.  I'm sure it wasn't easy for her to relive these experiences to tell her story but kudos to her for having the strength.  Hopefully people approach it from something to learn and not as some disclosure to dirty business that the family should have kept a secret.

My thoughts exactly. Some people are coming off as assholes on here. Everyone's got a story. If her story can help other people dealing w/ addiction then that's a good thing. This of course is assuming that is the main point of the book.

Edited by Martin Riggs

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I know, we don't need another. Especially one that might put the brakes on Adler being part of GNR at all. I think his one cameo here and there is a disgrace, but he's happy, don't wreck it :( 

Just curious if Steven is ok with this release. I'm thinking he must be if he signed the drumsticks. I also read a winner will receive tickets to a GnR show. Wondering how GnR feel about this book. Is it bashing the band or is it more of a here's what happens when you do drugs.

People can do whatever they want.  She is free and has every right to write a book about her life. 

With that said - I wouldn't read this book if somebody paid me to do so. Celebrity worship is really creepy. Reading bios by your favorite celeb is one thing, all of us are interested in learning more about our favorite singers or athletes or whatever ..but reading books by parents of celebs? Yuck -   That's just weird, IMO. 

1 hour ago, RNRS said:

She didn't lose her son to Guns N' Roses. She lost him because he's a drug addict with a serious lack of self control. But 'ey, gotta put GnR on the cover or it won't sell, right?

Apparently Stradlin turned them all onto junk so I'm not sure that is true.

• Like 2

Another shameless cash in. 

On a side note, am I the only one tired with the overuse of self referential titles for music related books and articles? I mean the ones using song titles. My Appetite For Destruction ,  It's So Easy, Iron Man...I bet the marketing guys though they were very clever when they chose such a title.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 1

So, Steven is involved in this bullshit or at least supports it by signing drumsticks for the release-giveaway ?

As much as I like him as a musician, this guy is just akward.

That´s the reason Axl and even Slash n Duff don´t wanna deal with him on a regular basis.

Edited by Xedos
  • Like 1

If Adler is giving away drum sticks with the thing, presumably it is endorsed, so I do not really see the problem in regards to ''cashing in on Adler's pain''. This sounds like one of those ''downward spiral'' depressive biographies which are all the rage now. It might have some interest for those interested in drug addiction and drug recovery.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RNRS said:

She didn't lose her son to Guns N' Roses. She lost him because he's a drug addict with a serious lack of self control. But 'ey, gotta put GnR on the cover or it won't sell, right?

Mrs. Adler should read her son's book. That kid was lost way before Guns N' Roses.

• Like 4

Looks really promising

I love that a NY Best Selling author helped write this

That piece on the back cover of the book is heavy

If it follows the tone and drama on that tiny piece, it's likely to be the most shocking and heavy GNR-related book to date

I am definetely buying this one