Steven Adler's Mother's Book 'Sweet Child of Mine: How I Lost My Son to Guns N' Roses' To Be Released January 24, 2017

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean the fact she used a GnR song in title and blamed it in a way in GnR. It's one thing for her to write about how his drug use affected her or his family but to say she lost him to GnR? It's just not really true and also that one word is her tying her book to GnR for sales. I would have respected it more had she not tried to use GnR to tell HER sons drug issues story.

The use of the song in the title doesn't bother me so much as other factors. I mean I get she wishes to profit off the bands popularity but I'm not sure how GnR is gonna feel about that.

And anything his mother says about GnR is mostly gonna be hearsay and also from someone who is telling it from a dark place of drug use. 

Idk not judging the book. I honestly think it could be great for people who are dealing with drug addicted family members depending on how well it's written. I hope it turns out to be more about that than GnR for Steven's sake.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to hear more about GnR just not from hearsay

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

And anything his mother says about GnR is mostly gonna be hearsay and also from someone who is telling it from a dark place of drug use.

Well, actually yesterday she was asked if she had any funny stories of Slash from when he was young and she said she didn't really know him 'cause Steven was living with his grandma when he started hanging out with Slash.

Don't know what the book is like but hopefully she went that way and didn't talk about what she doesn't know.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2017 at 11:02 PM, Eddie Money said:

I don't think this book is going to earn Steven any additional guest spots on the tour. 

Edward Van Money

From another interview with Deanna:

When we asked how Guns N’ Roses reacted to the tell all, she told us, “I haven’t heard any backlash from the bandmates. The book is really about a mothers unconditional love with her son. I didn’t attack them because I was never on the road with the boys. When they [Guns N’ Roses] signed with Geffen Records I really lost touch with my son Steven.”

https://thedirty.com/steven-adler/exclusive-steven-adler-sweet-child-of-mine-how-i-lost-my-son-to-guns-n-roses/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Original said:

You realize you're talking about Steven Fucking Adler?  Dude is a bad ass drummer and can drum circles around Frank.  He can play the Guns songs the way they are supposed to be played.  I've never met him but he seems like a fun happy go lucky guy.  Glad he's doing well.    

i didnt mention his drumming skills or compare him to anyone else.... im also glad hes doing well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but hes still annoying! 

On 1/27/2017 at 0:37 PM, Funky.Monkey said:

When we asked how Guns N’ Roses reacted to the tell all, she told us, “I haven’t heard any backlash from the bandmates. The book is really about a mothers unconditional love with her son. I didn’t attack them because I was never on the road with the boys. When they [Guns N’ Roses] signed with Geffen Records I really lost touch with my son Steven.”

https://thedirty.com/steven-adler/exclusive-steven-adler-sweet-child-of-mine-how-i-lost-my-son-to-guns-n-roses/

I was hoping that would be the case. I'm glad she leaves GnR out of it but she does allude and blame them in a way in the title. It still sounds like its gonna be a great story on a mother's side of dealing with an addict. I hope her story helps someone out there if that's the case.

On 1/27/2017 at 11:37 AM, Funky.Monkey said:

Interesting link.

We then asked – when did you find out your son was doing drugs? She told us, “My husband and I were watching some award show on MTV and Axl [Rose] told the world he kicked Steven Adler out of the band because he was using drugs … talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I was so upset. Axl told 30 million people my son was a drug addict so there was no more denying it.”

Was the Famous Last Words interview showed during an awards show? Or am I missing an interview that I was previously unaware existed?

From an interview with Deanna on "The Tony Tone Show":

Tony Loconsole: I was shocked at the fact that Guns N' Roses were able to get back together, specifically Axl Rose, and knowing his tendencies for being a little volatile. Did that catch you off guard, the fact that they were able to kind of put things aside and go on that massive tour that stretched into last year?  

Deanna Adler: Steven really wasn't that involved with it. So I really don't know what they thought of, what was going on. Steven was happy, he was happy that he was able to play a few gigs with them. No, I don't know anything about them (GN'R) I haven't talked to them in 30 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Money said:

I've heard that they weren't planning on involving him on either this winter tour or on the US/Canada shows currently scheduled.  

I also heard that more dates were going to be announced for a fall arena tour, but I haven't seen anything.  I've been busy with a lot of other shit, and have seen all the shows i care to see so I've not been aggressive enough to get the info you all want. I am 90% certain that there is no new album planned.  I heard they don't have time to make one.  

Thanks for all the info last summer. I saw you caught a little heat for it.

Have you heard anything about the Bonnaroo site that is rumored for August 5 ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

I've heard that they weren't planning on involving him on either this winter tour or on the US/Canada shows currently scheduled.  

I also heard that more dates were going to be announced for a fall arena tour, but I haven't seen anything.  I've been busy with a lot of other shit, and have seen all the shows i care to see so I've not been aggressive enough to get the info you all want. I am 90% certain that there is no new album planned.  I heard they don't have time to make one.  

AFD 30th Anniversary stuff? Heard anything about that?