Steven Adler's Mother's Book 'Sweet Child of Mine: How I Lost My Son to Guns N' Roses' To Be Released January 24, 2017

It looks like this will be released after all these years...

Sweet Child of Mine: How I Lost My Son to Guns N' Roses

by Deanna Adler, Lawrence J. Spagnola

Available for Pre-Order. This item will be available on January 24, 2017

812MU8zetZL.jpg

81BrVm77oOL.jpg

Sweet Child of Mine will be released on January 24th, 2017. All Pre-ordered books will ship out the week after the release date.  

Guns N' Roses was quickly heralded as the greatest rock n roll band on the planet. During the late 80’s and 90’s the hedonistic rock gods Axl, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff scored sold out stadium concerts on the way to multi-platinum success. Appetite for Destruction still stands as the biggest selling debut album in rock history. During it all, original drummer Steven Adler stole hearts and headlines with his insane antics. But Steven was soon crippled by a tragic heroin addiction that led to him to being kicked out of the band he helped found.  

At the center of this maelstrom stood Steven’s mother, Deanna Adler, the GNR-proclaimed “first fan” of the group. Deanna was there at the beginning in 1983, when school chums Steven and Slash were building their street cred on the Sunset Strip. Deanna witnessed it all but has never told her incredible story, until now.

In honest, direct prose, Deanna gives an unflinching account of her son Steven’s drug fueled ascent to becoming the co-founder of Guns N’ Roses, and his subsequent fall to drugs and alcohol. In one of the most brutally raw, revealing books written on substance abuse, Deanna delivers a powerful, inspirational message of hope to anyone dealing with opioid addition.  

Excerpt from Sweet Child of Mine:  My darkest fears exploded when I found Steven in the center of the bathroom floor, naked, his body bent at an impossible angle. He was soaked in a pool of blood and mucus. His face was smashed beyond recognition, his mouth and chin looked completely caved in. 

I reached for my son and almost slipped on some pebbles strewn across the tile. Then I realized they were Steven’s teeth. I dropped to my knees, crying hysterically.  I heard a groan, then… “ma.”  

All customers who pre-order the book through our store will be entered into a contest to win a pair of drumsticks signed by Steven Adler. Contest ends January 23rd, 11:59 PM. Winners will be notified after the book releases. 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sweet-child-of-mine-deanna-adler/1103167107?ean=9781945322020

Deanna Adler speaks about the January 2017 release, says winner of contest also has a chance at tickets to a future Guns N' Roses concert along with the 100 signed drumsticks.

Dec. 15, 2016

http://wcsx.com/episodes/rockstar-mom-fitness-legend/

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Funky.Monkey said:

It looks like this will be released after all these years...

Sweet Child of Mine: How I Lost My Son to Guns N' Roses

by Deanna Adler, Lawrence J. Spagnola

Available for Pre-Order. This item will be available on January 24, 2017

812MU8zetZL.jpg

81BrVm77oOL.jpg

Sweet Child of Mine will be released on January 24th, 2017. All Pre-ordered books will ship out the week after the release date.  

Guns N' Roses was quickly heralded as the greatest rock n roll band on the planet. During the late 80’s and 90’s the hedonistic rock gods Axl, Slash, Izzy, Steven and Duff scored sold out stadium concerts on the way to multi-platinum success. Appetite for Destruction still stands as the biggest selling debut album in rock history. During it all, original drummer Steven Adler stole hearts and headlines with his insane antics. But Steven was soon crippled by a tragic heroin addiction that led to him to being kicked out of the band he helped found.  

At the center of this maelstrom stood Steven’s mother, Deanna Adler, the GNR-proclaimed “first fan” of the group. Deanna was there at the beginning in 1983, when school chums Steven and Slash were building their street cred on the Sunset Strip. Deanna witnessed it all but has never told her incredible story, until now.

In honest, direct prose, Deanna gives an unflinching account of her son Steven’s drug fueled ascent to becoming the co-founder of Guns N’ Roses, and his subsequent fall to drugs and alcohol. In one of the most brutally raw, revealing books written on substance abuse, Deanna delivers a powerful, inspirational message of hope to anyone dealing with opioid addition.  

Excerpt from Sweet Child of Mine:  My darkest fears exploded when I found Steven in the center of the bathroom floor, naked, his body bent at an impossible angle. He was soaked in a pool of blood and mucus. His face was smashed beyond recognition, his mouth and chin looked completely caved in. 

I reached for my son and almost slipped on some pebbles strewn across the tile. Then I realized they were Steven’s teeth. I dropped to my knees, crying hysterically.  I heard a groan, then… “ma.”  

All customers who pre-order the book through our store will be entered into a contest to win a pair of drumsticks signed by Steven Adler. Contest ends January 23rd, 11:59 PM. Winners will be notified after the book releases. 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sweet-child-of-mine-deanna-adler/1103167107?ean=9781945322020

Deanna Adler speaks about the January 2017 release, says winner of contest also has a chance at tickets to a future Guns N' Roses concert along with the 100 signed drumsticks.

Dec. 15, 2016

http://wcsx.com/episodes/rockstar-mom-fitness-legend/

wow this sounds powerful! so going to get this one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

As distasteful as the book seemingly is, that's also one bizarre 'reward' for pre-ordering - a week's delay in shipping it to you.

8 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

As distasteful as the book seemingly is, that's also one bizarre 'reward' for pre-ordering - a week's delay in shipping it to you.

idk i don't see it as distasteful. yeah i admit, i watched him on Dr. Drew and i was very intrigued by his story. just out of curiosity and as a way to see your side of it ( and all others who think it's distasteful ) why do you think this is? :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

idk i don't see it as distasteful. yeah i admit, i watched him on Dr. Drew and i was very intrigued by his story. just out of curiosity and as a way to see your side of it ( and all others who think it's distasteful ) why do you think this is? :)

It's distasteful, tacky, and trashy on the part of his mother.

(But honestly, I'm more disturbed by that weird "we'll ship the book a week after it's released" pre-order thing.)

Edited by Blackjacker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackjacker said:

It's distasteful, tacky, and trashy on the part of his mother.

(But honestly, I'm more disturbed by that weird "we'll ship the book a week after it's released" pre-order thing.)

ah ok...so it would be ok if Steven wrote it? not being confrontational, really just wondering. are the chances of a real true blue book written by someone and not afraid of the consequences as slim as new music anytime soon? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ah ok...so it would be ok if Steven wrote it? not being confrontational, really just wondering.

Sure.

It's just super-skeevy for mom to think she needs to do that. (And honestly, as much as it might be portrayed as "her story" with the "How I Lost My Son To Guns N' Roses" tagline... nobody gives a shit about her story.)

"Finally! A book from Steven Adler's mom!" :shrugs:

Edited by Blackjacker

Just now, Blackjacker said:

Sure.

It's just super-skeevy for mom to think she needs to do that. (And honestly, as much as it might be portrayed as "her story" with the "How I Lost My Son To Guns N' Roses" tagline... nobody gives a shit about her story.)

ahhh see i was thinking she might have some inside info on what went on in Steven's early life. was he into drugs at an early age? what began his interest in drums? when did she first know Steven was a heroin addict? kinda like the family tells their side of the story on Intervention. i never read Steven's book...it's on my to read list so maybe he answers these ?'s in it?

I don't really have a problem with this book..if she were estranged from Steven that would be a different story..but he is obviously involved..so I see it as her doing this for her AND him..she is capitalizing on the resurgence of interest in GnR, and why shouldn't they, if it enables him in some indirect way to grab part of the "loot" then why the hell not.

• Like 2

My instictive response to seeing this was "No, this is an awful idea". Then after a seconds thought I realized that I read Steven's book (as unreliable source of information that it is) and that she should be able to give her side as well.

If it is truly an autobiographical account of a mother trying to raise a troubled child who turn into a drug addicted troubled adult with the exacerbating fact that he was part of/then kicked out of a band that ruled the world for a short amount of time and it focuses on their relationship and struggles then I think it could be a really good and informative book.

If it is a self promoting exposé that uses her son's fame to sell a book then there is a chance it could win worst GnR related book ever written... and that is a really low bar.

I'll reserve judgement. I know which I hope it will be closer to but I also know which my cynical nature thinks it will be about.