When you watch GNR/concerts in another city, how many days do you stay in a hotel near the venue?

ChristmasFnatic

Its usually 1 or 2 nights, depending on how long I travel. 

For Axl's solo show I went to Rotterdam, I stayed in a hotel near the venue for 2 nights, I reached in the evening, the next day was the show and the day after that I checked out. I had already been to Rotterdam before, so din't stay long. 

For Axl's solo show I went to Berlin, stayed in a hotel near the venue for just 1 night, reached in the afternoon, checked in, then in the evening I went for the show, next morning I check out, did the city tour and took my flight in the evening.

Now for GN'R I will be traveling all the way to Japan, so I will be doing all the sightseeing there, so in total I will be there for like 9 to 10 days

Edited by Slash787

Nah what you do is right, you take a shitload of money, buy a lot of cocaine (or just a couple or three grams depending on your ability to spread it out) turn up about midday, do some before the gig, do some after the gig, have an all-nighter runnin' around whatever town you're in getting rat arsed and retiring periodically to the shitter to powder your nose and off home the next day, that way you save on hotel expenses (though to be fair it might go on the charlie :lol: ) and you have a great night all round and bring a bag of weed so you can sleep on the journey home.  Unless you bought your car or something in which case park it up somewhere and if then night gets a little too long for you you can smoke some gear, sign off in the backseat and then wake up for a morning toot and all set for the drive home.  The beauty of America is the boozers never close so who wants to go to a hotel anyway.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 3

I live in The Netherlands. The drive home is rarely more than 2,5 hours and concerts are some of the rare occasions where I don't drink (much) anyway. So I always head back.

Furthest I've traveled for a gig was either Ghent (Belgium) or Cologne (Germany). And even those were 3,5 to 4 hour drives. Didn't stay the night for those either. 

The only exception are festivals. Because festival camping, fuck yeah! 

Just look at this small-ass country. ^_^ 

Gl7pfAW.png

Edited by username

23 minutes ago, username said:

I live in The Netherlands. The drive home is rarely more than 2,5 hours and concerts are some of the rare occasions where I don't drink (much) anyway. So I always head back.

Furthest I've traveled for a gig was either Ghent (Belgium) or Cologne (Germany). And even those were 3,5 to 4 hour drives. Didn't stay the night for those either. 

The only exception are festivals. Because festival camping, fuck yeah! 

Just look at this small-ass country. ^_^ 

Gl7pfAW.png

Damn it, you can't call our nice city Keulen!

It's either "Köln" or "Colonia", "Kölle" works, too, but Keulen? Who the fuck invented that? I want his dead body, now!

Okay, I think I'm overacting a little bit....:D

Edited by Zurimor

2 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Damn it, you can't call our nice city Keulen!

It's either "Köln" or "Colonia", "Kölle" works, too, but Keulen? Who the fuck invented that? I want his dead body, now!

Okay, I think I'm overacting a little bit....:D

Don't you have a hole to dig in our beaches or something? :max::P 

And Keulen is actually pretty much Köln. The eu in Dutch has a very similar pronunciation as the ö in German. 

36 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Nah what you do is right, you take a shitload of money, buy a lot of cocaine (or just a couple or three grams depending on your ability to spread it out) turn up about midday, do some before the gig, do some after the gig, have an all-nighter runnin' around whatever town you're in getting rat arsed and retiring periodically to the shitter to powder your nose and off home the next day, that way you save on hotel expenses (though to be fair it might go on the charlie :lol: ) and you have a great night all round and bring a bag of weed so you can sleep on the journey home.  Unless you bought your car or something in which case park it up somewhere and if then night gets a little too long for you you can smoke some gear, sign off in the backseat and then wake up for a morning toot and all set for the drive home.  The beauty of America is the boozers never close so who wants to go to a hotel anyway.

len 'The Trip Advisor' cunt.:P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, username said:

Don't you have a hole to dig in our beaches or something? :max::P 

And Keulen is actually pretty much Köln. The eu in Dutch has a very similar pronunciation as the ö in German. 

You guys are strange, can't even speak properly. :P:lol:

55 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

ok i skipped the cocaine ( had like three cocktails and a percocet before the concert ) went straight back to the hotel after the concert, nuked the burger i could not eat before the concert ( WAY to nervous to eat before ) ate it, slept, got up early and tried to leave town but the truck broke down so i went back to the hotel for two more nights til Monday when the frickin' truck was fixed!

• Like 1

I flew into SF from AK on concert day like 5 hours before the opening band was on. (thanks to Delta cancellations/delays) I only stayed in the hotel for one night. In San Antonio I am also staying in a hotel just for one night....but arriving days earlier to hang out with my bro. :)

• Like 1

I like to arrive 1-2 days before the show, especially if I have never been in that state. Like to get the feel of what's around, where to eat, board my dog(because he goes everywhere I go) and just relax and be a tourist for a bit. I would usually leave the hotel the day after the show if there is a late checkout, all depends on how much I drink the night before.

• Like 1