What Are Most Concert Goers Reaction on ChiDem Songs?

I imagine it's the same as when the songs were played on all previous tours. A group of fans will be loving it, a large percentage will not know it, another large percentage will kinda know it but not like it, some will never have heard it and like it, some will never have heard it and dislike it.

Judging by the video Chinese Democracy the song seems to go over, same goes for This I Love (Always gets a pop for Axls held vocal bits). The other songs are misses live... and I hate saying it because I love Better, but I just isn't working. Also I'd love to hear Shacklers revenge, Street of dreams but those songs didn't cause great stirrings either. If it's a deep cuts set, CD songs with an abundance, hits tour? keep it to CD and This I love.

22 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I think if you're into Sweet Child O' Mine there's a good chance you will like This I Love.

Thanks Slash.

He has a bit to do with it (crap shred solos), but in general that song rarely worked that well live, despite it being a great song.

I'm sure in South America they knew every song by heart. But I went to shows in the U.S. Well, let me put it this way. The audience thought they were at a baseball or NFL game, just eating and drinking, coming and going. I think SCOM got the biggest attention. That was my experience. I don't know about other cities

• Like 1

Vegas 1 in worst rafters almost behind stage where I was on Duffs side there didn't seem to be much reaction to any song let alone CD stuff.  Seated whole show around me.  Vegas 2 in Very Idiotic Purchase area I was in there was standing most of the show and much better energy but still not much reaction to CD material (friend asked me 'what song' as each started, but did same on Coma too...).  Rail in Cincy a few guys around me actually singing along to CD songs (same few guys seemed to be only ones super excited for Adler too).  But best response I saw for any CD songs seemed to be for TIL in both Atlanta and Orlando and was quite good on rail area.  I think the vocals were pretty impressive on it those nights though.

Based on the people around me, the songs were met with polite applause but nothing like the applause the classics get.

Axl got some nice applause during This I Love though I remember when he first starts hitting those high notes in the chorus people dug it

5 hours ago, Gackt said:

This I Love is a bit of a buzzkill, otherwise the song's are always fun to hear live and the crowd seems to always enjoy them

This I Love gets the biggest reaction, people like it bc it isolates Axl's vocals then when Slash hits that solo people go nuts 

2:30 how do you not get goosebumps 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

From what I have seen CD gets the best response. It kind of fits with the rest of the catalog, it is ricking, people are still jacked up because it is so early in the set and it is SHORT. For the most part I run to grab a beer or take a piss during these songs but from what I have seen they get polite applause as some have said. Someone stated that they thought Better got the best response, from my experience and from what I have seen online people are more confused what the hell they are listening too. The song is just an absolute mess with almost no crowd reaction.

"Most" don't know what CD is.   That's just the truth.   The die hards bought it and know it though.  As far as live- well the song CD is played early enough so they still in a frenzy, TIL or better they kinda put up with.   My opinion- drop CD, play Better and SOD and move on to UYI's etc....

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

This I Love gets the biggest reaction, people like it bc it isolates Axl's vocals then when Slash hits that solo people go nuts 

Honestly, I don't like Slash's solo on it that much. It doesn't make a solo great to play as many notes as possible in the shortest time possible. I miss the emotions, no soul in it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's boring, honestly :P

I have a friend who went to Nashville show. He doesn't know shit about CD songs. He thought they were "new songs". He thought they were cool...

My opinion is, there's so many casuals there, they don't know DTJ or Coma either, and are clueless like my friend. As far as they know, those are CD songs too. Those songs don't get the crowd response of the big classics, but I think people generally like them.

The only people who have a problem with CD songs are diehards who are totally anti CD era in general. 

• Like 1