Is Slash too low in the mix?

Hi All

I love Guns N Roses and Slash's guitar playing and I've waited for years for this reunion to happen.  I won't get to see the show in person until May this year.  I've watched as many of the shows as possible on youtube and the one thing I've noticed is that Slash seems to be quite low in the mix, especially during the rhythm sections and even some of the solo's.  Some of the outro solos on Easy, Chinese and Coma in particular are difficult to hear.

I find that if I want to enjoy ONLY Slash's guitar playing, I normally end up watching some videos of SMKC were I can hear him a lot clearer.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this? 

I guess its just more difficult to get the sound spot on when you are playing stadiums and have extra musicians to include in the mix?

He sounded perfectly fine when I saw them, his rhythm guitar parts are more audible than Richard for the most part - at least when I saw them.  His solos seemed fine except for the talkbox solo in RQ which I thought could have been turned up a tiny bit more

Tip one... you tube does not show you how loud someone is in the mix because there are too many variables, where you are in the venue, the camera, phone, if they are using any sort of other software or hard ware etc.

Tip two... Slash cuts through the mix and is loud as hell

No. Watching YouTube is not the same as going to the show. There will be parts of the venue that Slash will be slightly lower because you have to mix the band properly and that means one gtr is mixed more to the right than the left vice versa, and depending venue size and the acoustics there at be volume drops in places. Slash is definitely mixed up front. The only persons n who is mixed a little low is Axl.

14 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Hi All

I love Guns N Roses and Slash's guitar playing and I've waited for years for this reunion to happen.  I won't get to see the show in person until May this year.  I've watched as many of the shows as possible on youtube and the one thing I've noticed is that Slash seems to be quite low in the mix, especially during the rhythm sections and even some of the solo's.  Some of the outro solos on Easy, Chinese and Coma in particular are difficult to hear.

I find that if I want to enjoy ONLY Slash's guitar playing, I normally end up watching some videos of SMKC were I can hear him a lot clearer.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this? 

I guess its just more difficult to get the sound spot on when you are playing stadiums and have extra musicians to include in the mix?

Not at all! He is very high on the live mix ! But you can listen Richard also, and that's good!! But  I think that the kick of the drumns was too loud In the show I was in. 

As someone that has complained about Richard being too high in the mix, I would say the levels are good about 90% of the time. I don't think that was the case early on but it got better.  There are definitely still times when Fortus is too high depending on what effects he is using.  Usually during intros and solos and shit..