Songs that you love but didn't fully enjoy during the 2016 NITL tour

Which songs you love but didn't fully enjoy during the 2016 NITL tour?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sweet Child is pretty bad live but Axl at the end of the tour sang it in a great clean voice, so only 95% of the time is it bad.

I personally believe YCBM needs to be taken out of the set list, Axl just can't do it anymore.

Better doesn't have the "punch" that it did during the 2006-2007 and 2009-2010 tours. His clean voice k i l l s it for me.

Dont Cry is maybe my favorite guns song but they play it too damn fast! 

And TWAT to me is bad, not just because of Axl- I dislike Slash's take on the solos. The Buckethead solo is one of my favorite Guns solos and Slash just can't do it justice.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1

For me it was Better. I don't know why, but the intro sounds loud as fuck, but then the verse comes in and it seems like they lower the volume of the guitars (or they both roll off of the volume on their guitars). It didn't hit as hard i thought it was going to. The bridge doesn't hit as hard because of Frank. His use of the kick for every strum of the guitar muddies up the mix and doesn't let the riff shine as it should. It be like if "Back in Black"'s kick drum went along with every single strum on the guitar.

And you know, theres Axl's lack of chest voice on that song

The chorus does sound better without the octave overdub of the riff though.

That being said, I enjoyed the fuck out of every song at both of the shows I went to. 

I voted for YCBM, SCOM, Paradise City and TWAT.

Apart from the above I didn't enjoy Yesterdays and CITR but I don't love them anyway.

I wish Axl could do somewhat better with Estranged (2nd half), Nov Rain, Rocket Queen and Used To Love Her, but I enjoyed them.

Edited by WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself

Rocket Queen cause of loooooooooong solos...

KOHD cause it has sucked since forever with that 12 minute opus...

November Rain cause of no rasp...

Patience cause Slash doesn't use distortion and plays that lame solo in clean...

Paradise City cause of Axl's singing over Slash's intro solos.. no rasp and the outro is shortened and cut...

-------------------------------------

Everything from Chinese sucks... Better especially!!!

• Like 1

Paradise City fir the same reasons others mentioned. It bothers me that Axl oversings the intro, says "look out" like 5 times and then doesn't blow the whistle at the right time. I don't expect (or even want really) the songs to sound exactly like the record, but this one just goes too far off track.

18 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

KOHD cause it has sucked since forever with that 12 minute opus...

What's weird about KOHD for me is that I cannot stand it if I'm listening to a live stream or something but I don't mind it at all when I'm at a show.

I picked a few but Rocket Queen is by far teh biggest disappointment for me... Not because of the long solos. I enjoyed the Conspirators versions immensely, even when the solos reached 30 minutes.. This was the song I was most looking forward to seeing Axl, Slash and Duff play together again.. Unfortunately Fortus and Frank fuck it all up in almost every way they can.  The just can't capture the groove that makes the song so special in the first place and the jam part was a god damn mess. Between the awful drumming and the awkward guitar parts Fortus throws in, it just sounds like crap. There is also ZERO need for a tacky Fortus solo in that song either.

I don't like the way Fortus plays Used To Love Her.. He kills that one for me too. 

There are other songs that were still great to see in person but are exposed when you go and watch them on youtube... Don't care for Axl singing over the intro solos in PC..  His voice can make songs like You Could Be Mine, Sweet Child and PC kind of tough but Slash usually makes up for any of that. KOHD would be better if they reverted more towards their classic versions without all the Fortus solos.. Just Let Slash go off for a couple minutes in the middle..

Jungle, Out Ta Get Me, Nightrain and Estranged area always bad ass. One song that I could have cared less about seeing before the tour was Live and Let Die but it is just infuckingcredible... Axl just owns that shit. It's So Easy and Brownstone are always killer...

Rocket Queen and Paradise City.

I'm not fond of how Rocket Queen is arranged presently and the drumming is well.....sub par (to be kind).

Paradise City is a cluster fuck and way too sped up, though it seemed a bit better in South America.  However, Axl singing over Slash's solo in the intro is not pleasing and the whistle needs to be blown when it should be (and by "when it should be" I mean in the same place and timing it is in the recorded version).

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 3

Yea, I voted for Rocket Queen. It's improved a lot since Vegas there's still something off about it. Too much funk and not enough sleaze, is the best way I can describe it.

Sweet Child hasn't been good in years and I didn't expect Slash to make it any better, I assume he's just as tired of that song as Axl is. Paradise City is the second biggest disappointment, it's too fast and Axl 'mickey's through it every time. I didn't expect that he'd sound like 2010, but it's become a weak song to end the show on unfortunately.

• Like 3

It's gotta be TWAT for me. Slash just hasn't figured out the solo yet, he really needs to sit down and write something. And not a half bucket/half Slash solo, just scrap the Bucket solo and do it all your own way. It sounds weird hearing him go from Slash improv to playing Bucket's licks. Axl nails the ending, though the first half could be better, his best yet is still the final Vegas 2014 show I think.

• Like 1

KOHD because this version sucks. They should played The Ritz version. RQ because it's unnecessary long. And Richard plays whatever that has nothing to do with the song. UTLH because for some reason never sounds right. Now that doesn't mean they have to get rid of them, by no means!  They just need to change the way they play them. I would add Nightrain also because Richard plays some weird ass solo

I loved it all really but I would have them rather not start with it's so easy because it's so fast and being so far away its hard to take it all in. I'm sure it's great if your up close but I'm not a millionaire, I wish Knockin was just like at freddy mercurry tribute. ummmmm No other real complaints, I don't approve of slash not learning Chinese Democracy solos note for note but it is what it is. I miss steven thats it lol

36 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

It's gotta be TWAT for me. Slash just hasn't figured out the solo yet, he really needs to sit down and write something. And not a half bucket/half Slash solo, just scrap the Bucket solo and do it all your own way. It sounds weird hearing him go from Slash improv to playing Bucket's licks. Axl nails the ending, though the first half could be better, his best yet is still the final Vegas 2014 show I think.

100% agreed. Same situation for This I Love, it's almost like he's too trying to take the piss on Finck's solo.

1 hour ago, MrSoftie said:

funny thing about that is that alot have complained about Slash playing that song incorrectly, but Slash pretty much plays what is on record. but with his own touch. The solos are basically untouched, same notes and everything. I kinda like the way its been played. its very drone-y, drenched in wah. before when it was played, although i guess more true to the original, it sounded kinda empty live. it had a lot of open spaces so-to-speak.

says alot actually. Slash must like the guitar parts on that song enough that he didnt go and change them like he did for the other Chinese songs that have been played. either that or he realized the song wouldnt work if he changed shit completely. 

Edited by NicDwolfwood