Songs that you love but didn't fully enjoy during the 2016 NITL tour

Which songs you love but didn't fully enjoy during the 2016 NITL tour?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

You're a terrible human being.
:wow:

P.S. I voted SCOM, Paradise City and November Rain. Honestly, I am so fucking tired of November Rain, let's pray it doesn't last forever.

Fair BUT imagine being a 1st time goer to a GNR gig and you didn't get to hear that masterpiece live ?? 
You would be very disappointed, irrespective of what your opinion might be of the song...

13 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Fair BUT imagine being a 1st time goer to a GNR gig and you didn't get to hear that masterpiece live ?? 
You would be very disappointed, irrespective of what your opinion might be of the song...

Agreed, it would be like Ugly Kid Joe without Cats in the Cradle and Everything about you. They released a great new album not long ago, the best in their career imo, but those songs are expected to be played live.

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

What's weird about KOHD for me is that I cannot stand it if I'm listening to a live stream or something but I don't mind it at all when I'm at a show.

I just wish they reverted back to 5min version...

That way we can get Breakdown with 7min and that amounts to the initial 12min KOHD..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Better. It just sounded great with the previous lineups... Axl doesn't make it justice anymore, and Slash completes the task of ruining a truly fantastic song

The Houston performance of Better is fucking golden though.

19 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

100% agreed. Same situation for This I Love, it's almost like he's too trying to take the piss on Finck's solo.

Haha I actually enjoy his version of TIL. I think Better is his best CD solo, but I love his improv on TIL. And for the record I think Finck's original solo was perfect. But for that reason there's nothing Slash can do but do it his way.

19 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

funny thing about that is that alot have complained about Slash playing that song incorrectly, but Slash pretty much plays what is on record. but with his own touch. The solos are basically untouched, same notes and everything. I kinda like the way its been played. its very drone-y, drenched in wah. before when it was played, although i guess more true to the original, it sounded kinda empty live. it had a lot of open spaces so-to-speak.

says alot actually. Slash must like the guitar parts on that song enough that he didnt go and change them like he did for the other Chinese songs that have been played. either that or he realized the song wouldnt work if he changed shit completely. 

Honestly I know the TWAT solo off by heart, I've played along to it as Slash plays it and it's just weird. He takes Bucket's licks and rearranges them, with some Slash noodling in between and lots of wah-wah. It's got none of the flow of the original solo. It's really messy. As if he's heard it once or twice and then tried to play it himself, only half-remembering it.

21 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Haha I actually enjoy his version of TIL. I think Better is his best CD solo, but I love his improv on TIL. And for the record I think Finck's original solo was perfect. But for that reason there's nothing Slash can do but do it his way.

Honestly I know the TWAT solo off by heart, I've played along to it as Slash plays it and it's just weird. He takes Bucket's licks and rearranges them, with some Slash noodling in between and lots of wah-wah. It's got none of the flow of the original solo. It's really messy. As if he's heard it once or twice and then tried to play it himself, only half-remembering it.

I agree he shouldn't have copied Finck but all Slash does is noodle and play 1,000 notes per second and shred and it sort of kills it for me. There's no feel, no emotion on that solo and he doesn't follow the flow of the original. I agree that Better is his best CD song-I also like his take on the title track and Sorry.

TWAT is awful with Slash on it though, I agree with you there 100%.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I love Coma but after awhile I felt like I was in a Coma. lol Too long. I took a pee break and came back and Axl was still singing the song.

I don't agree with your post but it cracked me up.  "after awhile I felt like I was in a Coma..."

On 1/15/2017 at 5:01 PM, Wagszilla said:

I'm glad the CD stuff is played but Slash butchers Buckethead on this tour like Robin butchered Slash during the 2002 tour. 

Besides that, Rocket Queen because the band sounds garbage and Slash is doing his microphone blowjob thing again.

And the covers. Fuck covers. Except The Seeker because I legit like it and it makes the forum mad. 

"Slash is doing his microphone blowjob thing":lol::lol::lol: LMAO.  I don't like Rocket Queen live either, but could never quite describe it.....um....as perfectly as this. 

• Like 1

For me November rain sounds terrible the way that Axl has been singing it with no rasp.  Also, at the concert I was at I didn't really enjoy KOHD.. I wish they would shorten it and do the UYI version.. and I love RQ but I don't like the long band jam in the middle.

• Like 1