Fortus: this band is 100x better

Guns N’ Roses guitarist Richard Fortus recently wrote on Facebook about Guns N’ Roses’ current lineup, and why it’s so much better than the Chinese Democracy lineup.

Steve Major wrote on Facebook, “How lucky were we in St. Louis during the 80’s when we could go down to the landing and see a world class guitar player like Richard Fortus displaying guitar playing like no other? The Eyes, as well as Broken Toyz, OWNING the landing. Watching Richard play all over the world in the biggest stadiums brings a smile to my face. I love this band, and I personally liked this lineup. Lets face it, whatever your opinion of this band, they burst on the music scene like raging hurricane. Biggest band of that era, bar none. Keep killing it, Richard.”

Steve then linked to a Chinese Democracy lineup era live video “You Could Be Mine.”

Fortus responded, “Thanks Steve, if you liked THAT line up, you’re gonna love the current one! 100x better IMO. I really appreciate the support and kind words but (and I’m really not trying to be humble), but honestly, I was just very fortunate. I’m lucky to have come up in the St. Louis scene that was so full of amazing talent and of so many great music supporters.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-member-claims-current-band-way-better-than-past-lineup/

It's the first time I noticed it's a completely different lineup to the one that made CD (or started making CD -Freese/ Brain, Bucket, Tobias, Finck, Pitman all gone) Axl/Dizzy are still there, but everyone else is different. 

Edited by wasted

46 minutes ago, wasted said:

It's the first time I noticed it's a completely different lineup to the one that made CD (or started making CD -Freese/ Brain, Bucket, Tobias, Finck, Pitman all gone) Axl/Dizzy are still there, but everyone else is different. 

Didn't Fortus fart on Better or something?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Don't know which line up is the superior one and I love Fortus, but Robin was one million times more interesting as a guitar player to me in Guns and Bucket was one trillion times the guitarist Richard is. Technically, image wise, and feel.

No.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Caraibes said:

No.

Gotta admire French people and their love for Richard.

14 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Didn't Fortus fart on Better or something?

He composed the chorus.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

At least 2001 - 2006 you could delude yourself into thinking Rose and his band of eccentrics were interested in new music. Now Guns just serve up over priced stodge.

Axl is still interested in releasing new music. It's all there in the China Exchange interview. Just because he takes a decade to perfect doesn't mean he lost interest. Just wants to get it right.

• Like 4

"Better" line up? Nah. "Most accepted since 93"? Sure.

I like this line up. Frank is my favorite drummer to ever play in GN'R. Dizzy has never mattered to me and Melissa doesn't bother me. I honestly don't care if Tommy or Duff are playing bass, but I get why others do. I like Fortus a lot. Slash isn't my favorite lead player in the history of the band but like the Duff thing, I get why everyone else likes him so I'm down.

I don't think there's any alterior motive or malicious intent on the part of Fortus here though. I think he's just saying what he thinks is all. 

• Like 3

100X Better at what though? 

This current lineup is def not better than any previous lineup in regards to releasing more original music or writing original music.

Perhaps Richard was referring to this current line up being 100x better at performing cover songs live.   I can see that one