Fortus: this band is 100x better

20 minutes ago, @xlRose said:

of course he will say that the current line up is better because is the current one!
This reminds me of dizzy saying the same in the past

I was about to say that.

Dizzy Reed says the current GNR line-up is better than the original
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206179-dizzy-reed-says-the-current-gnr-line-up-is-better-than-the-original/

DIZZY REED SAYS “THIS IS THE BEST GUNS N ROSES LINEUP WE’VE HAD.”

https://heavymetalmessenger.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/dizzy-reed-says-this-is-the-best-guns-n-roses-lineup-weve-had/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

Didn't Fortus fart on Better or something?

LeL

Yeah Fortus wrote something like the second-half-of-the-main-verse-riff-kiss-my-ass thing

The thing I like the most in CD is the solos by Buckethead and Robin.The 2002 line-up was interesting but by failing to deliver an album, wasting all this time they lost all their credit 

I cant really relate to Frank and Melissa but hey, Fortus is actually something. I used to think he couldnt fit the band cause of his grunge background but as soon as The Dead Daisies "Revolucion" came out and I checked the credits on the disc... I changed my mind completely. The guy wrotte a lot of really cool legit bluesy Rock N Roll tunes for that album, tunes that could be cool in any era Guns N' Roses album. Just straight up Rock N' Roll with no sellout teenage jumpin' rock or industrial bullshit. 

The guy may be a little bit off onstage but he is actually a great composer and a great guitar player, I'd love to see what thet acutal band and Fortus could do together if given the oportunity. 

Edited by default_

59 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I was about to say that.

Dizzy Reed says the current GNR line-up is better than the original
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206179-dizzy-reed-says-the-current-gnr-line-up-is-better-than-the-original/

DIZZY REED SAYS “THIS IS THE BEST GUNS N ROSES LINEUP WE’VE HAD.”

https://heavymetalmessenger.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/dizzy-reed-says-this-is-the-best-guns-n-roses-lineup-weve-had/

This is absolutely tremendous

No offens, everybody prefers what he likes but... seriously... :lol:... it's beyond me how in anybody's opinion there is a better fit for Guns than Slash.

I don't say he's the best guitarist out there because he isn't but like Axl he belongs to Guns. Without him I doubt we would know this band. 

What did I just read in this topic? Did somebody post Buckethead has far better writing skills? Really? WTF?! He is a freaking guitarplayer who probably can outplay Slash with his technical skills but who is the one who covered the other for years? Slash playing 3 CD songs per show as a goodwill for Axl isn't quite the same, so c'mon man.

We wouldn't say what a beautiful TIL solo by Slash without Fink? That's right. I can well do without it :P

But honestly, TIL is from the '90s. We don't even know if Slash hadn't done a take for it back in the day. Probably it would be exactly that what he's playing now...

Again... no offens, but that's something I have to get rid of after reading this thread. 

I like Fink as a dude, but as somebody who played Slash's guitarparts he made me cringe with his weird interpretations of Slash's solos. 

Finks solo on Better is top notch, better than Slash's live but Slash's take on Better's solo isn't half as bad as what Robin did with the classic Guns tunes.

That's my two cents. Now keep going on. ;)

• Like 1

I want Axl to release a trilogy of albums with solos from Slash, Robin, and Bucket. Mostly Slash, but keep the best from Robin and Bucket.

I think there could be a situation where Robin wrote other solos that are like Better: can't really top it, but Slash is capable of coming up solos Axl will prefer. So that could be the deciding factor. Same with Bucket's Twat outro, keep shit like that if you have it.

At the very least a double album.

The Roots of Chinese Democracy 2 

1. Jackie Chan (feat. Slash)

2. Oh My God (feat. Slash)

3. Silkworms (feat. Slash)

4. The General (feat. Slash)

5. Atlas Shrugged (feat. Slash)

6. Jackie Chan (feat. Robin Finck)

7. Oh My God (feat. Robin Finck)

8. Silkworms (feat. Robin Finck)

9. The General (feat. Robin Finck)

10. Atlas Shrugged (feat. Robin Finck)

11. Jackie Chan (feat. Buckethead)

12. Oh My God (feat. Buckethead)

13. Silkworms (feat. Buckethead)

14. The General (feat. Buckethead)

15. Atlas Shrugged (feat. Buckethead)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Epson said:

The Roots of Chinese Democracy 2 

1. Jackie Chan (feat. Slash)

2. Oh My God (feat. Slash)

3. Silkworms (feat. Slash)

4. The General (feat. Slash)

5. Atlas Shrugged (feat. Slash)

6. Jackie Chan (feat. Robin Finck)

7. Oh My God (feat. Robin Finck)

8. Silkworms (feat. Robin Finck)

9. The General (feat. Robin Finck)

10. Atlas Shrugged (feat. Robin Finck)

11. Jackie Chan (feat. Buckethead)

12. Oh My God (feat. Buckethead)

13. Silkworms (feat. Buckethead)

14. The General (feat. Buckethead)

15. Atlas Shrugged (feat. Buckethead)

OMFG i'm so tired of this i'm about to vomit lol!  "Atlas Shrugged, The Genreal bla bla bla..

:lol:

5 hours ago, LA_0013 said:

With all due respect, how anyone can say any of the post original lineups (with the exception of the Chinese Democracy line up) is the best ever GNR line up is beyond me.

What you essentially had was year after year of musical karaoke, little original output and a band that couldnt keep hold of its guitarists due to inactivity.

I'll make concessions for the Chinese Democracy lineup. I'm sure there's fans out that were essentially introduced to the band via that album.

But the 2002 was better than one of the biggest RnR bands of all time ?? Please.....

Out of likes but i agree with you!!

5 hours ago, Asia said:

Now suddenly so many people disagree with Fortus and prefer the line-ups with the bunch of noones who never actually did anything to the line-up that made this band a legend :wow: Sometimes on this forum I feel like I stepped into some psychiatric ward by mistake, to be honest :lol:

Yeah I feel that way too!! I can't understand how some people can say this things... before the reunion everyone wanted slash back and now that he is back people say that previous lineups were better that the original band and the original members that actually created this band! I respect everyone's opinions but this is too much:P

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

Don't know which line up is the superior one and I love Fortus, but Robin was one million times more interesting as a guitar player to me in Guns and Bucket was one trillion times the guitarist Richard is. Technically, image wise, and feel.

There is no comparison.

100%

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

At least 2001 - 2006 you could delude yourself into thinking Rose and his band of eccentrics were interested in new music. Now Guns just serve up over priced stodge.

Welcome to the darkside. 

11 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Like the run of the mill generic Dead Daisies songs he wrote? Yeah the signs point against it

This line up could potentially blow AFD out of the water.