Fortus: this band is 100x better

The way The Baconman feels 

Fortus  has the worst stage presence  I have ever seen with a touring band member.   You never see him. What does he actually do? 

I have read lots of post on who is the best and yada yada 

best at what?  He ate the thoughts 

Beuckethead is my personal favourite lead guitar player this band has ever had.  I think he is technically the best.   I just liked watching him as well 

Robin is my second fav lead guitar player.   His sloppy play and his ability to almost make love to the music as he played it impresses me 

but neither of these two wrote any hits 

slash is reallly the only lead guitar player that has actually been able to write a hit.  Many hits    I really like the guy.  He is my number 3.  To me his time in the band has passed.  Especially if this tour prevents us from hearing new music.  But he is really good and really the only lead guitarist to write anything that sold with gnr 

13 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Ha. Good lord. Robin's mom wouldn't even have that opinion. I do like his solo on Better though.

Haha, I've actu said before that I'm the only person with this opinion and that includes Robin's family lol

58 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I agree

Either/or really anything is possible. I'm not feeling I hate fortus at this point. I like Slash/Duff. Like what Frank did on Chi dem. I like hard rock records. I like CD or more progressive stuff. The only scenario I might not like that much is something like contraband where it's too much filler fast ones. I feel like Guns generally do more than that. So Contraband but filled up with some CD type material. An Axl/Slash rocker is a must. Something deeper. There's too much material and talent for it to be mediocre. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Like I said, I don't expect everyone or anyone to agree with me. It's just my personal preference is all.

That's absolutely fine. To me, we wouldn't even be able to talk about any of the other guys had Slash not been there first.

• Like 1

On his own, Slash usually writes 2 or 3 great riffs out of 15 boring filler rock songs. Get those 2 or 3 riffs, put it together with Fortus' "generic" rythm guitar, a few Axl ballads and a few Duff punk rock songs, and you'll get a decent album.

I would prefer having CD II with Slash playingall  over it (like CD had Ron displaying his shitty tone all over the place), though. Buckethead kicks Slash's ass as a songwriter (and as a guitarist too). Tobias/Reed/Rose is a great combo too

6 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

That's absolutely fine. To me, we wouldn't even be able to talk about any of the other guys had Slash not been there first.

Well yes, of course. I don't discount Slash's place in GNR or rock history by any means. 

18 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

With the way this thread is going I just want someone to say they like DJ more than Slash

Pls

Ok!

I like Dj more than Slash. Slashs godfather solo can't even compete with Dj's ballad of death or Mi Amor. Ashba owned all of Slashs solos and riffs and as far as I'm concerned, Slash couldn't hold Ashbas jockstrap in a million years!!!

I think I went a little WWE promo on that but there ya go :P 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

On his own, Slash usually writes 2 or 3 great riffs out of 15 boring filler rock songs. Get those 2 or 3 riffs, put it together with Fortus' "generic" rythm guitar, a few Axl ballads and a few Duff punk rock songs, and you'll get a decent album.

I would prefer having CD II with Slash playingall  over it (like CD had Ron displaying his shitty tone all over the place), though. Buckethead kicks Slash's ass as a songwriter (and as a guitarist too). Tobias/Reed/Rose is a great combo too

This is the crux of the dilemma. If they are going to Spaghetti Incident their own catalog...first would they do that? I think Slash does. Then look at the Reunion tour. Would a straight best of be more honest.

I feel like so far the records have been like a journey. Each record builds off the last. So taking CD II and having Slash/Duff take it on could work. Like the next chapter. The other option is not the spaghetti but the fresh sauce. I'm not sure if they can do it from scratch. To like re-create AFD writing process but with a different line up, like an organic experiment. Like cloning a human with real body parts? They have a lot of parts but do the non-human parts infect the whole? Without Izzy will they be making Sonic Temple 2?

14 hours ago, Rovim said:

Don't know which line up is the superior one and I love Fortus, but Robin was one million times more interesting as a guitar player to me in Guns and Bucket was one trillion times the guitarist Richard is. Technically, image wise, and feel.

But Richard has a completely different role in GN'R now compared to what Bucket/Robin had. They played lead, and they are indeed a better fit for that. But I would definitely prefer Richard as a rythm guitarist behind Slash.

I mean, you could say the exact same thing about Izzy. Robin was a million times more interesting, and Bucket a trillion times the guitarist technically. But I bet you'd prefer Izzy as a rythm guitarist.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

I was about to say that.

Dizzy Reed says the current GNR line-up is better than the original
http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/206179-dizzy-reed-says-the-current-gnr-line-up-is-better-than-the-original/

DIZZY REED SAYS “THIS IS THE BEST GUNS N ROSES LINEUP WE’VE HAD.”

https://heavymetalmessenger.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/dizzy-reed-says-this-is-the-best-guns-n-roses-lineup-weve-had/

Whenever I read something from Dizzy

3088222-ydsh42n.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I do think it is cool Axl went for a lot of guys who were different than Slash. Bucket, Robin, and Ron definitely have completely different styles. It would have been worse if Axl had Slash clones everywhere (yeah, yeah... DJ)

I respect the "all-in" approach Axl had with the original Chinese Democracy lineup, but this "half in/half out" bullshit is kind of what grates me (personally)

LOL @ the notion that the other three in this band need to be paid equal lip service.

I could understand that sentiment in 2001, but now....it's comical on the edge of satirical

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graeme said:

You're not alone. I'd rather have him than Slash.

I think it's a shame Ron didn't get a chance to write and record properly with that line up. Maybe if he didn't quit things would be different. 

• Like 1