Fortus: this band is 100x better

4 hours ago, TheBaconMan said:

The way The Baconman feels 

Fortus  has the worst stage presence  I have ever seen with a touring band member.   You never see him. What does he actually do? 

I have read lots of post on who is the best and yada yada 

best at what?  He ate the thoughts 

Beuckethead is my personal favourite lead guitar player this band has ever had.  I think he is technically the best.   I just liked watching him as well 

Robin is my second fav lead guitar player.   His sloppy play and his ability to almost make love to the music as he played it impresses me 

but neither of these two wrote any hits 

slash is reallly the only lead guitar player that has actually been able to write a hit.  Many hits    I really like the guy.  He is my number 3.  To me his time in the band has passed.  Especially if this tour prevents us from hearing new music.  But he is really good and really the only lead guitarist to write anything that sold with gnr 

There are 5 albums with Slash in the band for 10 years and one album without him in over 20 years and Slash is the one who prevents us from hearing new music? That's Soul Monster's theory...:facepalm:

I'm fine with the rest of your post :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

On his own, Slash usually writes 2 or 3 great riffs out of 15 boring filler rock songs. Get those 2 or 3 riffs, put it together with Fortus' "generic" rythm guitar, a few Axl ballads and a few Duff punk rock songs, and you'll get a decent album.

I would prefer having CD II with Slash playingall  over it (like CD had Ron displaying his shitty tone all over the place), though. Buckethead kicks Slash's ass as a songwriter (and as a guitarist too). Tobias/Reed/Rose is a great combo too

Clearly a matter of taste but... if so, where's BH's SCOM, what's his PC, his WTTJ? If he's really that good as a songwriter, with which songs has he written rock history? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I think it's a shame Ron didn't get a chance to write and record properly with that line up. Maybe if he didn't quit things would be different. 

I think he eluded in interviews that he quit because he knew GNR were heading for a reunion, so writing new material with Axl was never going to happen.

This is why DJ "quitting" or bowing out to make way for Slash was a crock of shit. It was jump or be pushed and he tried to make out like it was his decision to move on, when in reality, he didn't have a fucking choice. 

6 hours ago, wasted said:

Well I prefered Sixx am records to Slash solo records. 

I'd enjoy the Sixx Am albums a lot more if the album production on all 5 (especially the 3 latest) weren't so bad and overdone... Great live band do I must say!

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

I think he eluded in interviews that he quit because he knew GNR were heading for a reunion, so writing new material with Axl was never going to happen.

This is why DJ "quitting" or bowing out to make way for Slash was a crock of shit. It was jump or be pushed and he tried to make out like it was his decision to move on, when in reality, he didn't have a fucking choice. 

Dj did say recently Axl wanted him to stay. Which is a whopper if not true. But knows maybe Axl gave them license to spin it. 

In Mick Wall's book Ron refuses to work with Mick. Says something like I don't want to hurt anyone via email. 

What about Ron's health issues. I felt like he was sick or touring and he had that car accident? 

Also I read he got cancer? Was that true? I thought it would be a bigger story if it was. 

Why were there all these weird stories about him? 

I remember the rumor that they were letting everyone go after Vegas 2014. 

Thinking back to when Duff met Axl by accident in that hotel. I'm not sure. I think the fact the reception ID'd both Duff and Axl might have blown their cover. 

10 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

I genuinely believe that all of the recent ex-guitarists couldn't write shit worthy of the GNR name - hence why a reunion became the only remaining option left

Maybe that was the case. Or maybe it wasn't. But let's say that you are right. I would really appreciate to hear Axl saying that. So we can put this speculation to rest.

My theory is that the record company doesn't give a fuck about CDII because CD made little impact (Compare to previous GN'R albums) So obviously they won't bother to make the sequel of such an album. Sure Axl could put those songs on iTunes. But maybe iTunes is not his cup of tea. Again I believe Axl has to explain a few things.

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

How many Buckethead albums have you listened to?

I'm betting it's zero.

Never made it through a whole BH album sry, not my kind of music. But that wasn't my point. His work doesn't play a role in RnR hystory, Slash's on the other hand? Well, I think you can answer the question yourself.

29 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

I genuinely believe that all of the recent ex-guitarists couldn't write shit worthy of the GNR name - hence why a reunion became the only remaining option left

I think they could all write material but there was no Slash to bring it all together. CD isn't really led by one lead guitarist. That's why sometimes WOF sounds more like a GNR album soundwise. 

44 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I'd enjoy the Sixx Am albums a lot more if the album production on all 5 (especially the 3 latest) weren't so bad and overdone... Great live band do I must say!

I guess song wise there's a few more and it's something a little new. I like some of the Slash stuff but it's mostly been done before and Myles ruins it. But still there's some great guitar work. 

Glancing at this thread I now realise what people really want,

2014 line-up reunion haha

In all honesty, how can anyone like any of these players better than the originals?

- they only released one album of original material (as opposed to four)

- they covered live, 90% of the time, other people's songwriting and instrumental passages.

- the tours were generally shite (in fairness mostly because of Rose's voice)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

In all honesty, how can anyone like any of these players better than the originals?

- they covered live, 90% of the time, other people's songwriting and instrumental passages.

I think what we're experiencing now is the novelty having worn off the reunion and without new material being played, it just feels like more of the same ol same ol. You can't blame fans for losing interest at this stage. 

7 hours ago, Jeez said:

But Richard has a completely different role in GN'R now compared to what Bucket/Robin had. They played lead, and they are indeed a better fit for that. But I would definitely prefer Richard as a rythm guitarist behind Slash.

I mean, you could say the exact same thing about Izzy. Robin was a million times more interesting, and Bucket a trillion times the guitarist technically. But I bet you'd prefer Izzy as a rythm guitarist.

But Izzy can't be a full touring member. I prefer Robin as rhythm and Slash on lead. Robin is also an interesting rhythm player. Great rhythm player.

27 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think they only released one because that's what GNR does. I mean the original guys only put out 2 in the 90s. If you throw in some Stradlin material and a couple covers CD could have been a double cd. 

I thought you said they had ''nine albums'' just the other day! Wasted man, lay off the drugs.

34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Don't worry about what people in this forum want. GN'R is playing stadiums around the world, not just S.A. and The Joint in Vegas. Axl is making a lot more money now than he did in 2014. He is going to milk this reunion for as long as he can. Then he might retire or he might come up with some kind of album to keep the milking going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Dj did say recently Axl wanted him to stay. Which is a whopper if not true. But knows maybe Axl gave them license to spin it. 

In Mick Wall's book Ron refuses to work with Mick. Says something like I don't want to hurt anyone via email. 

What about Ron's health issues. I felt like he was sick or touring and he had that car accident? 

Also I read he got cancer? Was that true? I thought it would be a bigger story if it was. 

Why were there all these weird stories about him? 

I remember the rumor that they were letting everyone go after Vegas 2014. 

Thinking back to when Duff met Axl by accident in that hotel. I'm not sure. I think the fact the reception ID'd both Duff and Axl might have blown their cover. 

Ron did have cancer. But I think he left cause he was sick of Gn'R. He said it's only good in small doses. I believe DJ, it fits with how Axl is loyal thing. Weird stories about Bumble cause he has a close relationship with his fans, he seems to feel the need to give them something, and sometimes it gets personal. When he's in a bad mood he might say something and we just add it to the pile of weird Bumble stories.

Axl doesn't believe Duff meeting him in that hotel was an accident. He is certain someone made that happen.

Edited by Rovim

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I thought you said they had ''nine albums'' just the other day! Wasted man, lay off the drugs.

9 records worth of material yes. 

This is more like how CD could be expanded. But really what difference would it make. 

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Ron did have cancer. But I think he left cause he was sick of Gn'R. He said it's only good in small doses. I believe DJ, it fits with how Axl is loyal thing. Weird stories about Bumble cause he has a close relationship with his fans, he seems to feel the need to give them something, and sometimes it gets personal. When he's in a bad mood he might say something and we just add it to the pile of weird Bumble stories.

Axl doesn't believe Duff meeting him in that hotel was an accident. He is sure something made that happen.

Like he took that as a sign that he should do a reunion? 

So Ron had cancer but that didn't make him quit, it was not releasing albums that forced his hand. 

I sort of believe him not kicking anyone out. 

55 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That's not what most people here want at all. Most people want Slash and Duff to stay right where they are, in Guns, forever. (where they belong)

Some people just prefer other guitar players, it's not that difficult to understand. One album is enough to get a sense of what they sound like together and it's possible to get attached to how Bucket and Robin sounded like with Axl, even if it's just on one record.

The tours were not generally shit. Maybe Axl's voice was weak in 2002, but in 2006/2007 and 2010 it was fuckin' great. 2011 to 2014 not so much but not as bad as 2002, but even then you had Bucket and a lot of fans found that exciting.

Edited by Rovim

It's funny.

You all keep talkin' about DJ, BBF, Finck and Buckethead... but this thread is about Richard Fortus.

Get it? Richard Fortus. repeat after me. Richard Fortus. he's been in the band for 15 years... 15 years!

Stop beeing off topic. Nobody cares about the past players. They won't be involved ever again in GN'R.

The GN'R guitarists are : Slash + Richard Fortus

3 minutes ago, Caraibes said:

It's funny.

You all keep talkin' about DJ, BBF, Finck and Buckethead... but this thread is about Richard Fortus.

Get it? Richard Fortus. repeat after me. Richard Fortus. he's been in the band for 15 years... 15 years!

Stop beeing off topic. Nobody cares about the past players. They won't be involved ever again in GN'R.

The GN'R guitarists are : Slash + Richard Fortus

You just like Fortus so much that you don't care about any other guitar player other than maybe Slash. This thread is about what Richard said about this line up. I don't want to repeat after you. It's not funny.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

It's only hard to understand why they are all willing to pay 200, 300, 500, 1000 dollars, often more than once in one tour, for a chance to see the GN'R line-up that they don't like or like much less then the line-up that they could go and see whenever they wanted for 30 or 50 dollars for the last 25 years. :lol: