Fortus: this band is 100x better

3 minutes ago, Asia said:

It's only hard to understand why they are all willing to pay 200, 300, 500, 1000 dollars, often more than once in one tour, for a chance to see the GN'R line-up that they don't like or like much less then the line-up that they could go and see whenever they wanted for 30 or 50 dollars for the last 25 years. :lol:

I doubt the stadiums are full of forumers though. 

1 minute ago, wasted said:

I doubt the stadiums are full of forumers though. 

But it's the forumers who have been shitting with excitement here for the last year or so and buying the most expensive tickets for 5 shows.... ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

But it's the forumers who have been shitting with excitement here for the last year or so and buying the most expensive tickets for 5 shows.... ;)

Some have. Are they the same people? Shame on them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

I wonder if he's happy that Tommy and Chris aren't in the band. 

My guess is he's just excited about Duff and Slash being in the band and playing with them. Less about being happy others have left.

Robin is my favorite guitar player ever but that's because of his work with NIN in their live shows. He can play 100 notes but nothing will be as beautiful as his textures during La Mer on AATCHB. He was never the bluesy/shredder type but came up with the best past of the whole CD album which is his Better guitar solo. Slash is perfect for GNR and should've never left. Just like Robin belongs to NIN and I hope Trent invites him to join them in their only 2017 live show.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Glancing at this thread I now realise what people really want,

2014 line-up reunion haha

In all honesty, how can anyone like any of these players better than the originals?

- they only released one album of original material (as opposed to four)

- they covered live, 90% of the time, other people's songwriting and instrumental passages.

- the tours were generally shite (in fairness mostly because of Rose's voice)

Why is this in any way unreasonable? (Though I'd take the 2006/07 band over the 2014 one). Some of us grew up with that line-up, they played their hearts out on the old material, they released an album that a lot of us enjoyed, they showed a lot of further potential as a creative unit (that was inexplicably never exploited properly by Rose) and their live shows (at least in 06-07 and 09-10) were far from "generally shite" they were outstanding...

I don't usually weigh up the reasons I like a band or artist using a logical checklist like the one you have above, I just go with my gut, and my gut feeling is that I wish the "reunion" hadn't happened.

4 minutes ago, Graeme said:

Why is this in any way unreasonable? (Though I'd take the 2006/07 band over the 2014 one). Some of us grew up with that line-up, they played their hearts out on the old material, they released an album that a lot of us enjoyed, they showed a lot of further potential as a creative unit (that was inexplicably never exploited properly by Rose) and their live shows (at least in 06-07 and 09-10) were far from "generally shite" they were outstanding...

I don't usually weigh up the reasons I like a band or artist using a logical checklist like the one you have above, I just go with my gut, and my gut feeling is that I wish the "reunion" hadn't happened.

"I wish the "reunion" hadn't happened"

I'm with you bro.

I believed too much in the potential of the 2002 incarnation, and I wish it had worked and produced a lot of new and proper material.

• Like 1