New G'n'R logo ?

Gunsfan 74

Hello to all !

I am writing to ask about a subject that is puzzling me.

Guns and Roses will play at Portugal next June and the event is being advertised on many places using the outdoor shown below.

What is intriguing to me, are the revolvers pictured on G’N’R logo.

They look like modern Smith & Wesson .50 revolvers instead of the old Colt peacemaker’s style revolvers.

I searched for a “ modernized “ G’N’R logo picture butt only found the classic logo.

Is it possible that an advertiser graphic designer screwed up when attempting to recreate the original ( classic ) logo when creating the outdoor ?

Does anyone know if this has happen elsewhere or is it an Portuguese only issue ?

20101128_AzqBz.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I imagine it's just a modernised version of the logo, which I must say; the graphic designer has done a fabulous job on.

Yes! There are also newest versions with different kind of weapons (shotguns, katana etc.).

But from last year we went from this

logo-e67d-1.jpg

to this

chamber-logo.png

to the new ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

As a graphic designer myself, GN'R would be my absolute dream client. I'd love for whoever worked on their branding to come on mygnrforum to give us the details. The gold disc logo works very well, as far as band logos go! 

Gold disc logo? Do mean the bullet or am I missing something? :)

Just now, Gracii Guns said:

So it's the back end of a bullet?

I'd just read it here being referred to as a gold disc (which come on… visually it is). 

The only reason I asked was because it wasn't that long ago that I realised it was a bullet too. :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:
  Hide contents

It's less obvious to citizens of a country who only needed one school massacre to ban handguns. :shades:

When I got back from the States in November and unpacked I found two live rounds in my suitcase. :lol: Could've been an interesting conversation at customs if I'd got caught. :lol:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2

Hello !

Thank you very much for your contributions !

Now I understand what is going on.

Fortunately the G’n’R band logo is the same.

The logo used for advertising the tour is changed/modified to show a different gun according to the country where the concert will take place, for example the traditional katanas at Japan.

Regarding the “ Bullet logo “ – Yes, that is not a gold disk.

The background of the logo is a stylized representation of an unfired cartridge case head.

The “ normal “ head stampings are replaced by the world’s greatest/best rock band name.

For those that are not familiar with ammo, below is a pic of two cartridges.

The left one was fired, the right one is unfired.

primer_flat_heavy_VS_unfired.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2017-1-17 at 10:35 AM, Gunsfan 74 said:

Hello !

Thank you very much for your contributions !

Now I understand what is going on.

Fortunately the G’n’R band logo is the same.

The logo used for advertising the tour is changed/modified to show a different gun according to the country where the concert will take place, for example the traditional katanas at Japan.

Regarding the “ Bullet logo “ – Yes, that is not a gold disk.

The background of the logo is a stylized representation of an unfired cartridge case head.

The “ normal “ head stampings are replaced by the world’s greatest/best rock band name.

For those that are not familiar with ammo, below is a pic of two cartridges.

The left one was fired, the right one is unfired.

primer_flat_heavy_VS_unfired.jpg

With all due respect just cos you only found out it was a bullet doesn't mean the rest of us who have known its a bullet for 30 years need an explanation. Its pretty obvious. 

On 1.3.2017 at 6:38 AM, Sosso said:

I still prefer this logo

aefca12ace1d7997b5963beb5e205db9.jpg

For me this logo is more about promoting Chinese Democracy, not the band itself. For that purpose - it's fine. 

The classic  bullet logo with revolvers and roses (and it's different variations) is great. Nothing really tops that.

guns_n___roses__wallpaper_480x300.jpg

I also like this one... Slash seems to have lost lot of weight...and his hair :lol:

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo