Asking out a girl

liers

Well here's the deal. There's a small convenience store about a mile from my house that I go to frequently. Not too long ago a new girl started working there and long story short I think she's cute and I'm thinking about asking her out. She seems kind of shy and we haven't talked much but when I come into the store I've noticed her looking at me and smiling a lot.

Now here's the interesting thing.... I've never asked anyone out. I've had relationships but they sort of just fell into place. I really want to ask her out but I don't want to look like a creep either. It's a small town and if I embarass the hell out of myself I still need to go to that store.

So, what do I do?

Should I just not ask her out? Do I just compliment her and she what she says? Guys, how would you do it? Or girls, how would you feel if you worked in retail and got asked out by a customer?

2 minutes ago, liers said:

Well here's the deal. There's a small convenience store about a mile from my house that I go to frequently. Not too long ago a new girl started working there and long story short I think she's cute and I'm thinking about asking her out. She seems kind of shy and we haven't talked much but when I come into the store I've noticed her looking at me and smiling a lot.

Now here's the interesting thing.... I've never asked anyone out. I've had relationships but they sort of just fell into place. I really want to ask her out but I don't want to look like a creep either. It's a small town and if I embarass the hell out of myself I still need to go to that store.

So, what do I do?

Should I just not ask her out? Do I just compliment her and she what she says? Guys, how would you do it? Or girls, how would you feel if you worked in retail and got asked out by a customer?

Probably best to begin with actually talking to her, establishing some kind of rapport. Don't start being overly complimentary right off the bat cuz its a bit obvious.  Then when you've shot the shit a couple, three times just ask her out.  But out somewhere regular, somewhere mates go...then build from there.  It's like anything, you don't leap right into like...even having a mate, do you?  You try talkin' to the fucker first, crack a joke about something etc

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

...you just grab them by the pussy don't you? lol

From a physiological and clothing aspect that ''grab them by the pussy'' is a peculiar line. I'm not saying it is impossible but it certainly requires a deft maneuver. Do you not think Trump was mistaking 'pussy' for 'cock'? 

14 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

@Graeme I spent the weekend with a Glasweigan friend. She misheard me and thought you were a "vulcanologist" and thought that vulcanology didn't sound particularly cool. Anyway, that's my best bet so far as to why you might be single. 

Don't hate me for trying, ok?! :P

LOL @Gracii Guns i think all the women here want @Graemeto find his perfect mate. that being said anyone who says she thinks vulconology is NOT COOL is decidedly not the right woman for him IMO ;)

Graeme is incredibly smart and cool ( he's in band ffs ) looks crazy sexy in a kilt and, don't take this the wrong, without a kilt. just in regular clothing. he's so sweet and kind and a really good person...i see no reason beyond his shyness that he is not swarmed with smart, hot women deserving of such a smart, nice cool, cute guy! :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

8 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL @Gracii Guns i think all the women here want @Graemeto find his perfect mate. that being said anyone who says she thinks vulconology is NOT COOL is decidedly not the right woman for him IMO ;)

Graeme is incredibly smart and cool ( he's in band ffs ) looks crazy sexy in a kilt and, don't take this the wrong, without a kilt. just in regular clothing. he's so sweet and kind and a really good person...i see no reason beyond his shyness that he is not swarmed with smart, hot women deserving of such a smart, nice cool, cute guy! :)

There you go @Graeme, just print this out and carry it around as an endorsement :lol:

• Like 1

Invite her to something you were going to do anyway.   That way if she turns you down it's not a big deal, but if she says yes, you know she's interested and probably likes you.  

Or learn from Seinfeld and bet her on something you know you're going to lose (and the loser buys dinner).  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

How did you manage to type all of that without slipping off of your chair?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Probably best to begin with actually talking to her, establishing some kind of rapport. Don't start being overly complimentary right off the bat cuz its a bit obvious.  Then when you've shot the shit a couple, three times just ask her out.  But out somewhere regular, somewhere mates go...then build from there.  It's like anything, you don't leap right into like...even having a mate, do you?  You try talkin' to the fucker first, crack a joke about something etc

Len is 100% correct. Give her a chat. Start small, don't sweat it, treat her like an human being, give her some non-sexual and non-beauty related compliments at first.

Test the water. You're  smart, it's easy to tell when a person is enjoying your presence and conversation, and when they aren't. Feel her out (no innuendo intended :lol: ) get an idea about what she likes, what she expects, what she wants in the world, and see if that fits with you.

Len is also right about the "first date" scenario.  Don't do it like the films (dinner and a movie, walk in the park NONE OF THAT.) , take her to a Pub or out bowling or something, or where ever you'd take a platonic friend. Going to the movies altho a cliche, is a horrid idea as you won't get to chat and bond during a film. Do not make that mistake!

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 1