Asking out a girl

liers

11 hours ago, Apollo said:

Why would you be embarrassed by asking her out?

Ask her if she wants to go see a movie or grab lunch or go for a walk  sometime.

If she says yes - awesome. If she says no - you are no worse off than you are now. Actually better off as you can stop thinking about her and move on to somebody else. 

Who cares if she says no. Nothing to be embarrassed by. Not everybody wants to date everybody who asks them. 

In fact, most people don't wanna date every fucker, that's kinda the whole thing of finding someone.  I think it's a load of bollocks personally, people just over-think this shit and make to much of it.  Finding someone, finding 'love', that shits as natural as...taking a slash.  It's almost like one of lifes granteds, if you put yourself out there, get in amongst people and talk etc etc, its something that happens naturally and it's not something worth obsessing over or dedicating your life to the pursuit of.  Dedicate your life to the pursuit of bettering yourself or fulfilling a greater ambition and i guarantee that other shit'll happen naturally. 

Edited by Len Cnut

13 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

In fact, most people don't wanna date every fucker, that's kinda the whole thing of finding someone.  I think it's a load of bollocks personally, people just over-think this shit and make to much of it.  Finding someone, finding 'love', that shits as natural as...taking a slash.  It's almost like one of lifes granteds, if you put yourself out there, get in amongst people and talk etc etc, its something that happens naturally and it's not something worth obsessing over or dedicating your life to the pursuit of.  Dedicate your life to the pursuit of bettering yourself or fulfilling a greater ambition and i guarantee that other shit'll happen naturally. 

Amen. 

Maybe the most accurate post you've ever shared with us. 

1 minute ago, arnold layne said:

I actually watched that movie last week. :facepalm:

Quality reference. 

I have a bit of a bone to pick… watched Shawshank Redemption last night for the first time, just because it's rated as the best by any anyone who claims to know about film. The best part was the Grease reference in it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I have a bit of a bone to pick… watched Shawshank Redemption last night for the first time, just because it's rated as the best by any anyone who claims to know about film. The best part was the Grease reference in it!

I've never seen Shawshank, but whilst watching Greese I couldn't stop wondering why Miser has the hots for Travolta. 

Sometimes the shit I read on this forum fucks with my psyche and ends up ruining movies. 

Stupid brain. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

This just happened to me standing in line at the gas station....I kid you not...guy says "excuse me, can I ask you a question?". I say sure. He says "are you married?" I say no. He gets this big smile and says "do you want to be?" I laughed and said nope...:rofl-lol:

If it was a little closer to St Patty's day, he probably would've asked if you have any Irish in ya... :lol:

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

This just happened to me standing in line at the gas station....I kid you not...guy says "excuse me, can I ask you a question?". I say sure. He says "are you married?" I say no. He gets this big smile and says "do you want to be?" I laughed and said nope...:rofl-lol:

Have him pick you up for a date and open the door like this....

IMG_0738.gif

On 3/1/2017 at 8:56 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i like this! :)

I don't think we should take life so seriously.  

Okay yes. I am not saying to deliberately make questionable choices and go, 'lol, it's just life', but I think we as people put too much pressure on ourselves in unnecessary situations. 

Truth is nobody makes it out of the world alive whether rich, poor, happily married or miserably single. 

Rather than worry about whether a girl likes you, use it as a learning tool. What went well with her? What didn't? Where can I improve and how can I help her improve?

It's a lesson learned in time and a lot easier to learn outside of high school.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda forgot I started this thread.

so, 2 months later, here's a little update.

I still see her at the store almost every day and have little conversations with her but haven't got around to asking her out yet. My friend's friend knows her apparently, and she's supposedly about a year younger than me, single, and really nice.

Hoping to ask her out soon but the past month I've had shit luck with stuff so I'm hoping for some improvement first. Some days there's other people working with her, I'd rather wait until she's alone so I don't embarrass her in front of her coworkers.

Edited by liers
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, liers said:

I still see her at the store almost every day and have little conversations with her but haven't got around to asking her out yet. My friend's friend knows her apparently, and she's supposedly about a year younger than me, single, and really nice.

Hoping to ask her out soon but the past month I've had shit luck with stuff so I'm hoping for some improvement first. Some days there's other people working with her, I'd rather wait until she's alone so I don't embarrass her in front of her coworkers.

Dude- she's probably wondering "when the hell is this guy gonna ask me out"! Sack up and ask her before she starts seeing someone else! You will survive if she says no. But you will regret it if you don't ask and somebody else scoops her up because you dicked around too long. 

On 3/18/2017 at 11:12 AM, liers said:

Yeah man. Just go for it. All you can really do at this point is ask her. If she says no, then she says no. But if you don't ask, you'll always be left wondering what could've been.