Asking out a girl

liers

2 hours ago, liers said:

Well here's the deal. There's a small convenience store about a mile from my house that I go to frequently. Not too long ago a new girl started working there and long story short I think she's cute and I'm thinking about asking her out. She seems kind of shy and we haven't talked much but when I come into the store I've noticed her looking at me and smiling a lot.

Now here's the interesting thing.... I've never asked anyone out. I've had relationships but they sort of just fell into place. I really want to ask her out but I don't want to look like a creep either. It's a small town and if I embarass the hell out of myself I still need to go to that store.

So, what do I do?

Should I just not ask her out? Do I just compliment her and she what she says? Guys, how would you do it? Or girls, how would you feel if you worked in retail and got asked out by a customer?

there was a guy who worked at an Alberston's i used to shop at and by some miracle he asked me out. it didn't turn into anything..no chemsitry at least on my side anyway. keep going in there, finding out her likes and dislikes ( like if she is into music and a  maybe a band she likes is coming to town or whatever ) then when the chance arises say i have two tickets or whoever/ whatever and ask if she'd like to go...

• Like 1

Note: the only time dinner and a movie works as a first date is when you do movie first, THEN dinner. You garunteed have something in common to tall about (the film you both saw) and the last thing she will remember is chatting with you over dinner which you will obviously buy for her. Don't do dinner first or you'll be dropping her off at home after an hour and a half to two and a half hours of no conversation.

You see, if a woman respects what you do, what you represent and how you speak and carry yourself, then you don't have to be overly macho or over-complimentary. It's about gaining her respect, and that means treating her as an equal, so don't bullshit her. Treat her as a human being, and treat her as you would treat yourself. As soon as you have that respect from her, she'll treat you with the same respect that you've shown; then you fuck the shit out of her!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

You're a big fan of the man paying for dinner?

For the first date, yes most definitely. It just shows that you are a gentleman, you want to impress her, and that you think she is worth it. Very powerful stuff.  Do (did) you pay for the first date? :) 

Edited by Whiskey Rose

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

For the first date, yes most definitely. It just shows that you are a gentleman, you want to impress her, and that you think she is worth it. Very powerful stuff.  Do (did) you pay for the first date? :) 

I'm a feminist so I insist that the woman takes charge. I also make sure to shovel down as much expensive food and booze as possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

I'm a feminist so I insist that the woman takes charge. I also make sure to shovel down as much expensive food and booze as possible.

So THAT's why so many men are calling themselves feminists these days..they just want a free dinner! :lol:

For the record, I always offer to pay...but I sure as hell don't want them to take me up on it! :lol: 

2 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Step 1: Ask her out

Step 2: Cry when she turns you down. Alone, because you apparently don't have any friends to ask.

Just ask, all she can say is no. Well that isn't true, she could pepper spray you and call the police. But that's the mystery of life.

:lol: i like you!

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

So THAT's why so many men are calling themselves feminists these days..they just want a free dinner! :lol:

For the record, I always offer to pay...but I sure as hell don't want them to take me up on it! :lol: 

honestly i have never offered to pay...they asked ME out, what do they think??? :lol:

50 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Len is 100% correct. Give her a chat. Start small, don't sweat it, treat her like an human being, give her some non-sexual and non-beauty related compliments at first.

Test the water. You're  smart, it's easy to tell when a person is enjoying your presence and conversation, and when they aren't. Feel her out (no innuendo intended :lol: ) get an idea about what she likes, what she expects, what she wants in the world, and see if that fits with you.

Len is also right about the "first date" scenario.  Don't do it like the films (dinner and a movie, walk in the park NONE OF THAT.) , take her to a Pub or out bowling or something, or where ever you'd take a platonic friend. Going to the movies altho a cliche, is a horrid idea as you won't get to chat and bond during a film. Do not make that mistake!

i read a book on "how to land a guy" many many years ago and they put movies wayyyy down on the list. they suggested bowling (?? ) or putt putt cos you have more of a chance of "interaction" :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

From a physiological and clothing aspect that ''grab them by the pussy'' is a peculiar line. I'm not saying it is impossible but it certainly requires a deft maneuver. Do you not think Trump was mistaking 'pussy' for 'cock'? 

I think it was Trumps way of saying a fistful of under-carriage.  Hey, that sounds like a film, A Fistful of Under-carriage.  I shall propose that to The Donald over twitter, it could perhaps serve as the title for his memoirs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I haven't either. But then I married the soon to ex and ended up supporting his lazy ass:bitchfight:

even when i was with my horrid ex he always paid when we'd go out. of course that was VERY rare and i cooked most of the time. so odd, once one of his druggie customers paid with a steak he stole from a Pak-N-Save... but it was either cook it and eat it or go hungry :(

6 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

even when i was with my horrid ex he always paid when we'd go out. of course that was VERY rare and i cooked most of the time. so odd, once one of his druggie customers paid with a steak he stole from a Pak-N-Save... but it was either cook it and eat it or go hungry :(

Omg..reminds me of living in that little shit town in California, tons of meth heads shoving meat down their pants stealing it at the grocery store...I would not want it after it had been down their pants..:facepalm:

• Like 1

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

Little small town south of Modesto called Newman. Told the ass I wanted to move to California, meaning near LA and that's where he took me, near his mom.

i lived in several towns near Sac... with the ex it was all Citrus Heights. such an innocuous name for Hell...

It was so bad, I filled the car up with gas one night, the next day it died on the way home from work. Had it towed only to find out one of the local creeps had siphoned it all out during the night and they broke the whatever that connect to the gas gauge doing it because it was still on full but tank was empty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

It was so bad, I filled the car up with gas one night, the next day it died on the way home from work. Had it towed only to find out one of the local creeps had siphoned it all out during the night and they broke the whatever that connect to the gas gauge doing it because it was still on full but tank was empty.

my ex was a mechanic and he thought it would be better of my catalytic converter was diasbled so he filled my cool muscle car with regular gas other than unleaded. when it was time for me to register my car it wouldn't pass cos he had effed it up...so he stole a legal sticker off the back of someone's legal car...