Asking out a girl

liers

1 hour ago, Słash said:

I used to have a crush on a girl, never even had the balls to talk to her

I think that happens to everyone. 

As we age it becomes easier to pick up on social queues. Some women hide it better than others but all in all, learning whether the opposite sex has interest in you isn't as big of a problem as it once was. 

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

I think that happens to everyone. 

As we age it becomes easier to pick up on social queues. Some women hide it better than others but all in all, learning whether the opposite sex has interest in you isn't as big of a problem as it once was. 

It would have never worked out for me, her lifestyle was different, I was attracted towards her

4 hours ago, Słash said:

I used to have a crush on a girl, never even had the balls to talk to her

i think most of us have done that. well with me it was a few guys i never had the courage to talk to. then i find out later they were shy and liked me but thought i was stuck up cos i was shy as well! oh well, no crying over spilt milk eh? 

• Like 1

Cool thread. I'm actually going through a similar situation to the one in the OP. I'll be sure to use some of the advice on here (cause it was stuff that I was already thinking of doing anyway).

Thing is I've never even been in a relationship before so I'm hoping if things work out it doesn't turn into a crazy, abusive thing like some of the other users are describing on this thread. Some of those stories are just absolutely insane.

23 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah that's pretty dumb. but glad he was, one more pedo caught...what very disturbed individuals :max:

What he did after was even worse. He bought a boat and went on a South East Asian noncing expedition - Thailand, Vietnam, countries like that. Nobody's children were safe.

Glitter was the Columbus or James T. Cook of nonces.

• Like 4

Years ago, I was at a club with friends. I had gone up to talk to the bartender, who was a friend of mine and was walking back to the table...this super cute, but incredibly drunk guy came up, put his arm around my waist and as he was introducing himself to me, he poured his entire drink right into my shoe...:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is it true that if you wait too long to approach the girl, she loses interest? So even when you do approach her it's already too late?

If you wait too long she'll squirt her pheromones from her fanny gland and attract someone else. She'll then mate with them before biting off their head and devouring them for sustenance. I think that's pretty much how it works.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is it true that if you wait too long to approach the girl, she loses interest? So even when you do approach her it's already too late?

Depends on how interested she is. I know I wanted this one guy to make a move for a freaking year, but we went out in a group of friends every weekend, so we were kind of seeing each other. He was real shy and I think it bothered him that I was ten years older than him. His friends kept telling him he was nuts because they knew we were attracted to each other. He would come over all the time, but then he would leave. Finally one Friday night he had gone out with his friends and gotten drunk as hell, he called and asked if they could come over. They got to my house and his friends told him they were leaving so he ended up staying with me....... the next morning he was sobering up saying that's not how I wanted this to be, but we stayed together for a year after that...:P

23 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

If you wait too long she'll squirt her pheromones from her fanny gland and attract someone else. She'll then mate with them before biting off their head and devouring them for sustenance. I think that's pretty much how it works.

Not sure why kind of women you know.. :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Some girls aren't like that.

33 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Depends on how interested she is. I know I wanted this one guy to make a move for a freaking year, but we went out in a group of friends every weekend, so we were kind of seeing each other. He was real shy and I think it bothered him that I was ten years older than him. His friends kept telling him he was nuts because they knew we were attracted to each other. He would come over all the time, but then he would leave. Finally one Friday night he had gone out with his friends and gotten drunk as hell, he called and asked if they could come over. They got to my house and his friends told him they were leaving so he ended up staying with me....... the next morning he was sobering up saying that's not how I wanted this to be, but we stayed together for a year after that...:P

Not sure why kind of women you know.. :rofl-lol:

Interesting story. I only met her a few weeks ago so I probably still have time to make a move.

during that year, did you ever think of just making the first move yourself? Just Outta curiosity?

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Interesting story. I only met her a few weeks ago so I probably still have time to make a move.

during that year, did you ever think of just making the first move yourself? Just Outta curiosity?

Thought about it plenty, but knew he was shy and I really cared a lot about him and decided not to push him because I was afraid I would scare him off. I knew he was interested, his friends all knew it too. He ended up hurting me really badly because when we finally got together, I fell really hard for him. But the fact that I had a small child was more than he could handle, he didn't want the responsibility at his age, even though he loved my son, he was 24 and I was 34 at the time.

I wouldn't wait too long though, if she seems interested go for it.

22 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Thought about it plenty, but knew he was shy and I really cared a lot about him and decided not to push him because I was afraid I would scare him off. I knew he was interested, his friends all knew it too. He ended up hurting me really badly because when we finally got together, I fell really hard for him. But the fact that I had a small child was more than he could handle, he didn't want the responsibility at his age, even though he loved my son, he was 24 and I was 34 at the time.

I wouldn't wait too long though, if she seems interested go for it.

Yeah I can't really tell. The first few times we saw eachother she seemed pretty enthusiastic to see me, now she doesn't. That's why I brought up the "did I wait too long" question on here a few posts back. But we haven't really talked enough to figure out any common interests yet. I want to figure out that stuff first before making any moves. 

Sorry to hear that things between you and that dude didn't work out. Such is life, though, I suppose.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I can't really tell. The first few times we saw eachother she seemed pretty enthusiastic to see me, now she doesn't. That's why I brought up the "did I wait too long" question on here a few posts back. But we haven't really talked enough to figure out any common interests yet. I want to figure out that stuff first before making any moves. 

Sorry to hear that things between you and that dude didn't work out. Such is life, though, I suppose.

That makes sense, good luck :thumbsup:

• Like 1